Error Creating Bootable USB

Puma911

I'm attempting to create a regular old Windows 10 bootable usb drive. I've tried it with 2 different usb drives on 2 different computers with the media creation tool installed to the usb stick and with it installed on the drive of these different machines. One time it actually said it was created but when I went to perform an install with it, it was given an error saying it was corrupted.

Help! 

how does creat boot media. pls.

im going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and clicking on "Download tool now". tried to save to flash drive installing image on and to pc...

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Are you following all the steps correctly?

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If media creation tool isn't working for you, try with Rufus and just ISO. You can get just ISO from mirror site or by using browser addon with Microsofts own site. All you need to do is to set user agent as something else than Windows PC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, Enderman said:

Are you following all the steps correctly?

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Yes I am following these steps exactly. Gonna try rufus next

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

11 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If media creation tool isn't working for you, try with Rufus and just ISO. You can get just ISO from mirror site or by using browser addon with Microsofts own site. All you need to do is to set user agent as something else than Windows PC.

I'll try Rufus with ISO next thanks. 

I got windows installed but it booted to 'other user' which I can't get around. It seems if I perform a clean install that won't be an issue, I'm just not sure where my process is getting screwed up. 

Edit: Was able to change ua and download iso. Thanks for the tip I didn't know that was possible.

Edited by Puma911

Rest in peace, legend.

14 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

windows is installing! thanks again!

edit: didn't need chrome extension

Rest in peace, legend.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, aichidoudou said:

在本网站下载操作系统镜像  https://msdn.itellyou.cn

但是这个网站只提供磁链接,所以你可能需要一些特殊的软件来下载 

镜像系统可以通过许多简单的方式安装和支持windows xp

软件:ultral iso

硬件:USB磁盘(至少8GB存储空间)

然后打开ultral iso;

在下面的文件管理器中找到并双击打开您可下载的ISOMirror文件 

然后单击开始→写入硬盘映像;写入模式被修改为主板支持的格式,然后写入它将格式化您的USB磁盘 

当写完成后,你得到一个系统安装盘,修改BIOS Make USB盘首先激活设备,一般情况下会进入系统安装界面。 

安装完成后,当系统自动重启时,请记得拔出USB磁盘

如果您有Windows驱动程序的问题 

并激活系统我建议你问Linus 

如果它会对你有帮助吗? 

1. Please don't post random websites like that. People might think you are spam bot.

2. If you use translatation, post in english here. Most of us don't use anything.

3. Your reply seems to be copy-pasted from somewhere. Since this isn't about WinXP, nor does anyone recommend using UltraISO for creating bootable USBs. I might be only one to recommend it for anything, and I only use it for ripping ISOs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv