Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Banana2

Best AM3+ Sockel CPU

Posted · Original PosterOP

I search for the best am3+ cpu because now i have the AMD 9590 and problem with overheating (Water coller) i search for an better cpu. Or is it just a Bad Chip an a new One will work fine for gaming 

The 9590 is the highest end AM3+ CPU. You'll have to get a new platform. 

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + ML120 + NF-F12

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710

Logitech G502/G303

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of me. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

How high is the Max temp from the 9590 because when i hit 65 till 70 Celsius my pc frezze and need new start is this cause by bad cpu or normal because i Know AMD is hot that why watercolling i only want the Problem of the freeze solved so final bad Chip or stupid User ?

The FX9590 is the highest end AM3+ CPU, you'll have to switch to Ryzen, Coffee Lake or a older Intel platform for RAM support.

Temporarily logged off. Only checking DMs

I like PSUs for some odd reason. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

(Soon: New Cooler)

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

Quick PSU Whitelist: Cooler Master MasterWatt/V/MasterWatt Maker/MIJ, EVGA x2/xQ bar BQ, All Corsair grey units bar VS and HXi/AXi, All SeaSonic bar M12II series/ECO, Thermaltake Toughpower line/iRGB +

BETA IS BACK! CLICK HERE!

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, Banana2 said:

How high is the Max temp from the 9590 because when i hit 65 till 70 Celsius my pc frezze and need new start is this cause by bad cpu or normal because i Know AMD is hot that why watercolling i only want the Problem of the freeze solved so final bad Chip or stupid User ?

Well, it's a 220W TDP chip. Currently highest end Ryzen chip (much more powerful) is 125W TDP.

Temporarily logged off. Only checking DMs

I like PSUs for some odd reason. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

(Soon: New Cooler)

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

Quick PSU Whitelist: Cooler Master MasterWatt/V/MasterWatt Maker/MIJ, EVGA x2/xQ bar BQ, All Corsair grey units bar VS and HXi/AXi, All SeaSonic bar M12II series/ECO, Thermaltake Toughpower line/iRGB +

BETA IS BACK! CLICK HERE!

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

How high is the temp normal under load ?

I only want the frezze Solved ?

Because i dont know normal temps for 9590 under load

i Know Core 2 is not the best it fails by any overclock try 

So is there  a chance when i buy a new One now more frezze by gaming 

And possible overclocking ?

The max operating temp of all AM3+ FX series is in the low 60s if I remember correctly. So you need a really, really good water cooler like an H100 or better to handle a 9590 even at stock. What cooler are you currently using?

The Laptop: Alienware 15 R3 - i7 7700HQ / GTX 1070 / 16GB DDR 2400 / 256GB M.2 SSD / 512GB M.2 SSD / ADATA SU800 512GB SSD / Killer 1435

The Monster: Athlon XP 2800+ @ 2.3GHz, Asus A7N8X, 2x1GB DDR400, ATi X850 XT AGP, WD 80GB Caviar (PATA), No-Name 700W PSU, Deepcool Tesseract

I have the nzxt kraken 61 and under load after 10 min 70C celuis easy. My system is 3 years old is that a Problem for the aio watercoller. Dust is out. 

7 minutes ago, Banana2 said:

I have the nzxt kraken 61 and under load after 10 min 70C celuis easy. My system is 3 years old is that a Problem for the aio watercoller. Dust is out. 

Your freezing might not be related to the cooler. This CPU can only work properly on certain very high end motherboards with 990FX chipsets. Other boards have the possibility of exploding VRMs, freezing may occur when this is imminent.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MSI X370 Gaming Plus 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - GTX1070Ti FE 600p 256GB & M550 512GB & 860 Evo 500GB Fractal Define R5 CM V550 W8.1 Pro