A small number of 2018 MacBook Pros and iMac Pros are suffering from kernel panics seemingly related to the T2

D13H4RD
9 minutes ago, mr moose said:

TBH,  I have not seen a BSOD since I stopped installing pre-release drivers and software, stopped using programs that hook into the OS (like magicISO, registry apps and the like) and cycle my PC like normal people (off at night).

Completely agree. The only times I've ever had BSODs was when my C920 Pro Driver got corrupted and plugging it in caused a BSOD. It also happened when my hard drive and RAM started failing. Then just a couple months ago I got one when plugging in my Oculus Rift as I think the drivers for that had gone poof.

I've never had issues updating Windows 10. No BSOD loops, no black screens, no corruption.

I don't see why people think it's a buggy OS when it isn't? 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

Completely agree. The only times I've ever had BSODs was when my C920 Pro Driver got corrupted and plugging it in caused a BSOD. It also happened when my hard drive and RAM started failing. Then just a couple months ago I got one when plugging in my Oculus Rift as I think the drivers for that had gone poof.

I've never had issues updating Windows 10. No BSOD loops, no black screens, no corruption.

Yep, only thing I would clarify is that, like all Os's, when there is an update there are a handful of people who get caught out.   Most of the time it's people with old hardware/peripherals who then have a conflict between old drivers and new OS updates.  Which is hardly the fault of the OS or it's developers (they can't test updates for every possible combination of old hardware drivers that might be in existence). 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Yep, only thing I would clarify is that, like all Os's, when there is an update there are a handful of people who get caught out.   Most of the time it's people with old hardware/peripherals who then have a conflict between old drivers and new OS updates.  Which is hardly the fault of the OS or it's developers (they can't test updates for every possible combination of old hardware drivers that might be in existence). 

Exactly! I've always made sure to have semi decent hardware. I had an i5 4460 and now I have an i7 8700. No problems!

And I think some people need to stop fucking with their OS like registry. If they don't know what they're doing they could break things and its not Windows' fault 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

49 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Eg. Laptops with (even when new) barely supported combinations of  AMD/Ati iGPU+AMD/Ati dGPU (2x laptops stuck on versions of Windows 10 that have already stopped receiving security updates)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah, with Apple it’s breaking news if a Mac gets a Kernal Panic but when a PC BSODs it’s expected behavior. 

Not really...

I've personally have had only one bsod in 2 years discarding the first one due to overclock instabilities when I was overclocking the cpu.

On my old laptop I used to have a lot of bsod, which all came from a hard drive failing. Changing that and I've never had one since those 2 years and a half.

A properly maintained Windows machine never fails. When it does fail to the point of bsod, it's almost always because of an hardware issue, or some specific software issue with a driver or a malware causing it.

2 hours ago, Emberstone said:

If you're getting BSOD's, something is probably broken. I think Win10 is stable enough at this point.

My BSODs usually occur when a Windows feature update is released and no further patches were released yet. It usually gets more stable after those later patches. My 1803 BSODs were caused by stuff that just seemed completely random, especially on a machine that's been well maintained and a registry that has not been tampered with. Again, future patches made it much more stable. Though I've made it a habit to update my graphics drivers from scratch every time it happens. :P

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

stopped using programs that hook into the OS (like magicISO, registry apps and the like) 

Ah, the days when people would ask if it's okay to use CCleaner to do registry stuff. 

Don't 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 hours ago, EvilCat70 said:

Issues with Windows, almost exclusively user error, bad drivers, or malware, are more common than in OSX. You also hear about issues with Windows more because of it having the largest consumer user base.

Which, contrasts this thread where the issue with OSX is a conflict amongst Apple hardware, Apple firmware, and Apple software.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I’ve only ever had BSODs when I try undervolting in one go e.g. 0- -0.040v (4860hq) otherwise, all updates just occur without incident.

7 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah, with Apple it’s breaking news if a Mac gets a Kernal Panic but when a PC BSODs it’s expected behavior. 

Yup, although it's a lot better than it used to be - I can't recall the last time I got a proper BSOD.

In this case it may have something to do with the hardware, though, so it's not really a matter of windows vs macOS.

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

wait the end of it's LTS

*rolling release update OCD intensifies*

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

I rarely use mac so when the mac community tells me they don't have bugs and are more secure I believe it, then when I find out they are just as insecure and buggy as any other OS it is news.  Basically if people didn't put such products on a pedastool no one would shit on them for discovering the obvious.  

Apple itself puts them on a pedestal with their premium pricing - it's the main reason I think it's fair to crucify them for having flaws that might be expected of a much cheaper product.

In this case it doesn't seem to be a big deal though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

35 minutes ago, Sauron said:

*rolling release update OCD intensifies*

3 years to go 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>