Help im fat

Hi guys. I'm 170cm (5.7ft) and 73kg (160lbs) which is overweight. I want to get muscular. Should i do fat burning exercise first or muscle development exersises? My BMI is 25

Help im fat

which is overweight

barely.

if you want to get muscular, then you will need to do exercises that will build muscle. You will end up having to go to the Gym unless you're willing to buy weights for home since  there's only so much you can do with push-ups and crunches. call around and find a place with a good PT program or have a good selection of machines/equipment to do a circuit.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Start with your diet. That can be the whole ball game for most people. You're not here in the US, so you likely already eat a lot more real food than we do here, but there is a lot that most people can do.

First and foremost, stop eating carbohydrates and sugar, or at least taper off of them as much as you can. Carbs are just sugar that needs one more step in digestion before directly becoming fat. This will also help flush a lot of excess water weight that most people are carrying around.

Then decide if you want to get trim, or you want to get big(muscular big). They require completely different training routines.

You need to burn down fat first because bulking up requires claorie surplus which if you are overweight is a bad idea because you are likely gonna gain more fat. 

You need to burn fat first and cut your fat to body ratio down to a heathly amount. Then you start weight training and eat more than your body burns. 

Your muscle and body fat will rise both at the same time. When the fat ratio gets up to cryain point, stop the eating and go back to weight loss. Switch to cardio and calorie deficit and start to cut that body fat ratio down again. Repeat the cycle.

Remembers to eat shit tons of protein. This minimizes muscle loss during calorie deficit and mscle is made of protein so you need it to build more muscle.

Oh, each pound of muscle burns 70 calories at rest so the more muscular you are, the more you gotta eat to maintain your muscle mass. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

20 minutes ago, wasab said:

You need to burn down fat first because bulking up requires claorie surplus which if you are overweight is a bad idea because you are likely gonna gain more fat. 

You need to burn fat first and cut your fat to body ratio down to a heathly amount. Then you start weight training and eat more than your body burns. 

Your muscle and body fat will rise both at the same time. When the fat ratio gets up to cryain point, stop the eating and go back to weight loss. Switch to cardio and calorie deficit and start to cut that body fat ratio down again. Repeat the cycle.

Remembers to eat shit tons of protein. This minimizes muscle loss during calorie deficit and mscle is made of protein so you need it to build more muscle.

Oh, each pound of muscle burns 70 calories at rest so the more muscular you are, the more you gotta eat to maintain your muscle mass. 

Thanks alot for this great intel.

You technically are overweight, but def not morbidly obese or anything lol. In fact, you're on the VERY EDGE of normal weight range. Depends on your frame, too.

I personally got tired of seeing my fat gut, though I'm a lot heavier. 5'10", got up to 230 pounds. I'd had enough. I'm a medium-large frame, so a proper weight, is around 170lbs, maybe give a bit. I was about 180 my last year of high school and felt pretty damn good, but laziness caught up to me after several years now...

I've actually been following this diet I found in an old magazine from around '96 or so. It's really challenged me, and I increased the portions a bit as to not feel like I'm starving, but in almost 3 weeks, I'm down close to 15 pounds. Haven't even exercised, really. I even hit up the buffet yesterday as a reward lmao. Makes me realize how sick overeating junk makes me feel... 

Erik has it exactly right, that's my plan. Drop well below about 200 lbs, and then start getting serious about weight training. You're not really all that overweight. So maybe try to drop 10 pounds if you feel you need it with something like below... Then switch to high-protein keto diet when you want to start weight training. I definitely hear some great results from it. 

IMG_20180605_170148.jpg

Cut all sugar out. Eat less and exercise more

Simple really. 

Mt biggest thing is do it so you feel good: your body 'talks' to you and if you just listen you don't need to follow some stupid diet 

That's an F in the profile pic

frame of mind is a start. your username choice could be indicative to an underlying issue.

congratulations on a discovery of life. catching issues early can prolong life expectancy.

eat correctly (caloric/vitamins/minerals)

exercise at least 1hr daily (extreme gameplay does not count)

normal sleep (8hrs)

you can do everything at home even if you wanna build a lot of muscle mass. Friend of mine achived considerable ganis using only freelethics at home. I prefer going to the gym though and for the same reason I have to study at the library and not at home: motivation and that slightly uncomfortable feeling of being monitored lol. I don;t get shit done otherwise xD

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

extreme gameplay does not count)

What does gameplay mean?

3 minutes ago, Fatlooser123 said:

What does gameplay mean?

It means couch potatoes and league and legends for hours. Join a basketball or soccer team and schedule matches daily. Your weight will go down fast. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 hours ago, Nicnac said:

you can do everything at home even if you wanna build a lot of muscle mass. Friend of mine achived considerable ganis using only freelethics at home. I prefer going to the gym though and for the same reason I have to study at the library and not at home: motivation and that slightly uncomfortable feeling of being monitored lol. I don;t get shit done otherwise xD

I do all my exercising at home or outside on the bike and I'm not ripped or anything but I am at least fit.

I'm completely the opposite: I hate that feeling of being monitored and can't really motivate myself if a bunch of people are watching me. Except for studying when I study really hard because people are watching me :P 

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I do all my exercising at home or outside on the bike and I'm not ripped or anything but I am at least fit.

I'm completely the opposite: I hate that feeling of being monitored and can't really motivate myself if a bunch of people are watching me. Except for studying when I study really hard because people are watching me :P 

What do you mean by being monitored. Like do your parents or your siblings just come in your room abd watch you workout?

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, not all sugar just artificial sugar, corn syrup, and all that crap.  Plenty of fruits have natural sugars in them.   I mean OP would probably be more full if they replaced the artificial crap with protein while also benefiting the muscle development area cuz ya know that's what protein is for.  I'd still suggest they see a nutritionist and maybe a trainer too for what they want.

Sugar is sugar.

Artificial vs natural is irrelevant. The only extra thing fruit has going for it is fiber, which allows people to stay fuller for longer.

Even something like HFCS is mostly fructose, which happens to be the dominant sugar in apples. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Sugar is sugar.

Artificial vs natural is irrelevant. The only extra thing fruit has going for it is fiber, which allows people to stay fuller for longer.

Even something like HFCS is mostly fructose, which happens to be the dominant sugar in apples. 

I've just checked 'cause i didn't believe it but its actually true.

40 minutes ago, Fatlooser123 said:

What do you mean by being monitored. Like do your parents or your siblings just come in your room abd watch you workout?

Nah at gym :P. People just casually checking each other out and judging each other is weird to me. 

15 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

True, but I meant it's healthier to eat an apple than it is to stockpile candy than eat that or a Danish.

I totally agree, but the war on sugar is somewhat unwarranted.

Sugar in high doses is absolutely terrible, but so is everything else. We certainly consume too much sugar, but that's due to companies putting it in everything. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just eat less. I also do not eat sugar-heavy products. I also only have fruits at home and no sweets.

I lost 6kg last month with this simple trick.

Diet (what you eat) controls the number of the scale, exercise controls the composition of the body. 

If you are not happy with the composition of your body, you should increase the exercise you do. If you need to weigh less on a scale, then you should eat less.

Pick things up and put them down. jkjk. 
If you're determined, I'd say wake up everyday really early, and go for a 15 minute run. Stretch beforehand or don't. Don't sprint. Go at a pace you can maintain. It's okay if you walk sometimes in the beginning. After this, do 25 push ups (kneeling or not kneeling), 25 sit ups, 25 squats. 
If you can't do push ups, do 100 arm circles. If you can't do situps, "plank" on your toes and forearms for 2 whole minutes. 
If you do this everyday you should get a lot healthier. Doing it in the afternoon in addition won't hurt. In concern to working out "too much" as it can hurt you, perhaps see a doctor just to get some advisement. 

80% is diet and 20% is moving around if you want to lose weight. Watch your diet, don't eat sugar or crappy carbs, more protein and veggies. Also, I recommend intermittent fasting.

bmi is worthless.

you're barely overweight, so the first thing you should do is stop calling yourself fat, thats not helping.

cut out sugar completely and cut back on carbs. then start running.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.