Google is working on getting the Pixelbook to run Windows 10 Officially

AlTech

Google is allegedly working on getting the Pixelbook (their flagship Chrome OS device) to run Windows 10.

And this isn't some kind of hack job. Google is getting Microsoft's blessing with using Windows Hardware Certification Kit and Hardware Lab Kit. 

Google's Pixelbook is considered to be its flagship device for Chrome OS, but it could soon have a little Microsoft DNA sprinkled in as well. XDADevelopershas spotted increasing evidence that Google is working on getting the Pixelbook certified to run Windows 10, paving the way for users to work with Microsoft's OS as an alternative on Google's own hardware.

Recent code commits and reviews from Google make mention of WHCK and HLK, which are references to the Windows Hardware Certification Kit and Windows Hardware Lab Kit, respectively. As XDADevelopers notes, the fact that Google is working to get its hardware certified through Microsoft's programs signifies that this is a more concerted effort to get Microsoft's official blessing for running Windows 10, rather than a hack.

So yeah, interesting stuff. I'm surprised Google wants their Pixelbook to run Windows 10. Great job to Google for effectively acknowledging that ChromeOS is useless :P.

Source: windowscentral.com/google-appears-be-working-windows-10-certification-its-pixelbook

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

i might buy one now xD wait no its 1000 bucks i can buy a gaming laptop for that lol 

Another fake macbook 

4 minutes ago, savagepain said:

i might buy one now xD wait no its 1000 bucks i can buy a gaming laptop for that lol 

gaming laptops suck if you don't game on them...

I used to be quite active here.

6 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

gaming laptops suck if you don't game on them...

true but still more performance than a pixel book 

1 minute ago, savagepain said:

true but still more performance than a pixel book 

And worse battery life, a worse screen, worse keyboard, worse trackpad, heavier, thicker, and larger charger.

But you're right that it would have more performance.

I used to be quite active here.

4 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

And worse battery life, a worse screen, worse keyboard, worse trackpad, heavier, thicker, and larger charger.

But you're right that it would have more performance.

you right but still msi isnt that bad 

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Google is allegedly working on getting the Pixelbook (their flagship Chrome OS device) to run Windows 10.

And this isn't some kind of hack job. Google is getting Microsoft's blessing with using Windows Hardware Certification Kit and Hardware Lab Kit. 

So yeah, interesting stuff. I'm surprised Google wants their Pixelbook to run Windows 10. Great job to Google for effectively acknowledging that ChromeOS is useless :P.

Source: windowscentral.com/google-appears-be-working-windows-10-certification-its-pixelbook

Chrome OS isn't useless, it is a very light OS that is great for netbooks and other small laptops, Microsoft even attempted to copy the success of Chrome OS with Windows 10 S, and utterly failed, but they are at it again with project Polaris. What Google is admitting is that Windows 10 totally destroys Chrome OS on more powerful hardware, that isn't just for browsing the web playing an Android app or 2 and then putting together your next essay for school or presentation for work.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

What's the point of these things? Get a Surface, Macbook or gaming laptop above these things.

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It would be nice if Google would make a Win32 version of Google Docs, Slides, Sheets and Forms. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Well thats another laptop to add in the 3:2 categori. Ive counted 4 lineups so far

Huawei matebook/x

Surface lineup

HP Envy x2 ARM

And now Google Pixel

Correct me if im wrong

32 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Will this match a $1000 ultrabook?

I believe it's running Intel 7th gen, 8GB-16GB RAM and 128GB to 256GB SSD iirc 

So probably comparable. Unless I'm totally wrong about the storage capacity.

And ofc the 3:2 display is quite nice. ITF be interesting to see if they port over Stylus support since ChromeOS supports the stylus.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I believe it's running Intel 7th gen, 8GB-16GB RAM and 128GB to 256GB SSD iirc 

So probably comparable. Unless I'm totally wrong about the storage capacity.

And ofc the 3:2 display is quite nice. ITF be interesting to see if they port over Stylus support since ChromeOS supports the stylus.

You're close 7th gen i5/128/8GB, i5/256/8GB, and i7/512/16GB. All are y-series processors.

And don't forget the trackpad. It's freaking fantastic. The Pixelbook had Google's "Advanced Touchpad for Chromebook" controller instead of a normal synaptics piece of junk. It's as good as a MacBook touchpad, I just hope it has better Windows support than Apple's.

9 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Chrome OS isn't useless, it is a very light OS

ChromeOS is useless and worthless. Android x86 would have been a better option.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Well that's cool. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

48 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

ChromeOS is useless and worthless. Android x86 would have been a better option.

Far from it.  People like to over estimate what they use a PC for and find out that most the time is browsing and watching videos. Besides not being able to use Java for 1 app, a pixel book would be perfect for work especially since we use so many google products and there are plenty of android apps that would fill the gap. 

19 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Far from it.  People like to over estimate what they use a PC for and find out that most the time is browsing and watching videos. Besides not being able to use Java for 1 app, a pixel book would be perfect for work especially since we use so many google products and there are plenty of android apps that would fill the gap. 

Most of what I do, I couldn't do well on a Chromebook. I couldn't do most of it on a Chromebook period.

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

There are still specific apps people need, yes. But to call Chrome OS useless? Its just Drak3 trolling as usual. Its a very solid OS for most people.

I think schools in the US are replacing some of their PCs to Chromebooks. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/technology/google-education-chromebooks-schools.html

Google has a Chromebook school program. https://edu.google.com/k-12-solutions/chromebooks/?modal_active=none 

Edited by captain_to_fire

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

I think schools in the US are replacing some of their PCs to Chromebooks. Google has a Chromebook school program. https://edu.google.com/k-12-solutions/chromebooks/?modal_active=none 

They are and I dont blame them. Everything you need on a school PC without licensing and a tad bit more security. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

They are and I dont blame them. Everything you need on a school PC without licensing and a tad bit more security. 

Yeah. Because Chrome OS is way less likely to be infected by a nasty virus unlike Windows. 

4 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Yeah. Because Chrome OS is way less likely to be infected by a nasty virus unlike Windows. 

and that fact they are cheaper and much easier to manage than windows, if you have ever set up a supervised account on chrome you will know.

I have a chrome book I used to use it in uni for writing documents, research and for reading documentation while coding.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

8 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

*snip*

Even if I didn't have apps I need which don't work on it and even if I didn't need the freedom of a computer compared to a mobile OS tablet, I still wouldn't use it. 

All of those people using Chromebooks should probably just use straight up Linux IMHO.

Besides, I don't need more Google products in my life. I need less :(.

Edited by wkdpaul

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Even if I didn't have apps I need which don't work on it and even if I didn't need the freedom of a computer compared to a mobile OS tablet, I still wouldn't use it. 

All of those people using Chromebooks should probably just use straight up Linux IMHO.

Besides, I don't need more Google products in my life. I need less :(.

Cant argue the linux point as all but my gaming machines are linux. 

Even something as simple as ubuntu is to much for the average user. Chrome OS is simple and straight forward. 

11 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

I have a chrome book I used to use it in uni for writing documents, research and for reading documentation while coding.

can you run an ide on chrome?? or a text editor?? 

what were you building at the time? 

just curious

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

11 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

can you run an ide on chrome?? or a text editor?? 

what were you building at the time? 

just curious

I used a pc for the development and chrome book for reading.

Though you can now run Linux apps on chrome os

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/08/you-can-now-run-linux-apps-on-chrome-os/

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´