need some help here

so im trying to find a cable kit or something fo my psu not the problem with that is its an older psu ... https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256017  . anyway i have no way to make custom cables and silverstone doesn't seem to want to be helpful i would love to be able to afford a new psu and work from there but im not cash positive in the amount that would end up costing me , plus i want the cables to look good in the case as ytou can see it comes in the old hotdog colors , now what would be cool if i could hop the straight of to Linus's own workshop and get advice there but alas i cannot that would be more than the psu is worth any one familiar with b.c. ferries will know this. so anyu suggestions etc or maybe you know something i don't about this particular power supply 

there isnt any cable kits for something this old (7 years). Either go custom and paint the current cables, or save up for a new one.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just get sleeved extensions instead of a whole new kit. Sleeved Extensions are 100% compatible with 100% of the power supplies out there. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah extensions is the best thing you can do here (or sleeve them yourself which can end up costing more just because you need some tools)

so why couldn't i just use the extensions as regular power cables its not like the setup of pins would be any different right?

16 hours ago, tripimus said:

so why couldn't i just use the extensions as regular power cables its not like the setup of pins would be any different right?

The plugs are designed only as extensions and for full replacement cables they need to be made specific for that model of PSU since the pinout is different for different units. 

On 5/20/2018 at 3:00 PM, W-L said:

The plugs are designed only as extensions and for full replacement cables they need to be made specific for that model of PSU since the pinout is different for different units. 

when you say pinout what  do you mean exactly ? because realistically it wouldn't change where the power is coming and going from, like ive studied the pictures of psus and if each psu had a different pinout then you shouldn't be able to use the different power supplies for different mobo's etc 

13 minutes ago, tripimus said:

when you say pinout what  do you mean exactly ? because realistically it wouldn't change where the power is coming and going from, like ive studied the pictures of psus and if each psu had a different pinout then you shouldn't be able to use the different power supplies for different mobo's etc 

The pinout or the arrangement of the 24 pins on the motherboard side is always the same as it needs to follow the ATX specification, for the PSU side that is on the manufacture so how they arrange the pins is up to them. Therefore if you get a set of fully sleeved replacement cables they only will work with that model or series of PSU that use the same pinout. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:05 PM, W-L said:

The pinout or the arrangement of the 24 pins on the motherboard side is always the same as it needs to follow the ATX specification, for the PSU side that is on the manufacture so how they arrange the pins is up to them. Therefore if you get a set of fully sleeved replacement cables they only will work with that model or series of PSU that use the same pinout. 

but then how do all the different components work right ie video cards with adapters in them or externals sata etc , i mean my psu is almost 10 years old still has molex connectors right on the psu modular wise wouldn't his predate all this crap? would it possible to get a set from the manufacturer and not have to worry or do they change that up too ?

9 hours ago, tripimus said:

but then how do all the different components work right ie video cards with adapters in them or externals sata etc , i mean my psu is almost 10 years old still has molex connectors right on the psu modular wise wouldn't his predate all this crap? would it possible to get a set from the manufacturer and not have to worry or do they change that up too ?

That’s the ATX standard which has been around for a long time and hasn’t changed. That’s the side that connects to the components such as your motherboard, GPU, peripherals etc.  

The portion of the modular cable that connects to the PSU is dictated by each manufacture and what they decide. 

so what you mean is how they are attached ie the colored dots how they line up at the end vrs how they come out at the of the psu. IE on the psu1 and 2 as shown in my diagram all end up in the same order black blue purple but how they come out of the psu connector is different ? not sure how that makes sense in the case of the cables though that just makes everything way more complicated than it has to be for psu manufacture

psu.png

7 hours ago, tripimus said:

so what you mean is how they are attached ie the colored dots how they line up at the end vrs how they come out at the of the psu. IE on the psu1 and 2 as shown in my diagram all end up in the same order black blue purple but how they come out of the psu connector is different ? not sure how that makes sense in the case of the cables though that just makes everything way more complicated than it has to be for psu manufacture

psu.png

The cables just cross over and are not 1:1. So the PSU 2 will have cables he criss cross to still provide the same connection on the component side. 

so your saying if i find i do not have criss crossed cables on my psu IE 1 on the psu end to 1 on the component end like how its shown on the first psu example i could potentially get away with just using the extensions

On 6/1/2018 at 6:18 AM, W-L said:

The cables just cross over and are not 1:1. So the PSU 2 will have cables he criss cross to still provide the same connection on the component side. 

4 minutes ago, tripimus said:

so your saying if i find i do not have criss crossed cables on my psu IE 1 on the psu end to 1 on the component end like how its shown on the first psu example i could potentially get away with just using the extensions

No extensions are completely different since extensions use connectors for extending the existing cables not as a replacement the connectors on the PSU end can also vary between manufactures.

Image result for sleeved extension cables

If a replacement cable is exactly the same on one model of series of PSU it is possible to use it on another a good example is the Corsair cables where you can use replacement sleeved ones for their AXi, HXi, and RM series of PSU. However you should only use cables for the specified models if you use it on a PSU that is not marked as compatible you risk killing the components with incorrect connections. 

https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

16 minutes ago, W-L said:

No extensions are completely different since extensions use connectors for extending the existing cables not as a replacement the connectors on the PSU end can also vary between manufactures.

Image result for sleeved extension cables

If a replacement cable is exactly the same on one model of series of PSU it is possible to use it on another a good example is the Corsair cables where you can use replacement sleeved ones for their AXi, HXi, and RM series of PSU. However you should only use cables for the specified models if you use it on a PSU that is not marked as compatible you risk killing the components with incorrect connections. 

https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

see that's what i don't get when did this a.l start happening? because as stated above my psu is more than 10 years old and no issues ever with it i would love to afford a new 750 but i cannot so my only option is a cable kit but im being super lazy and not wanting to open my case to find the model number xD

22 minutes ago, tripimus said:

see that's what i don't get when did this a.l start happening? because as stated above my psu is more than 10 years old and no issues ever with it i would love to afford a new 750 but i cannot so my only option is a cable kit but im being super lazy and not wanting to open my case to find the model number xD

Well if you want to keep using the PSU but also have the ability to use the cables on a newer PSU later on when you replace it sleeved extensions would be the best option. Extensions were a good option for non-modular based cables and ones that didn't have all removable cable but when you still wanted the sleeved look. With many units being fully modular they require replacement cables that are specific to that PSU, being that your unit is that old it would be best to either upgrade or get extensions as mentioned above. 

42 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well if you want to keep using the PSU but also have the ability to use the cables on a newer PSU later on when you replace it sleeved extensions would be the best option. Extensions were a good option for non-modular based cables and ones that didn't have all removable cable but when you still wanted the sleeved look. With many units being fully modular they require replacement cables that are specific to that PSU, being that your unit is that old it would be best to either upgrade or get extensions as mentioned above. 

just solve my issue lol so all the main power cables on my psu are sleeved forgot about this but the one cable that was bugging me i found a way to hide it so no more hot dog cables and dear god if i put an extension on the one cable it would honest be able to power my ssd on the other side of the desk externally