I would Like To overclock my Ryzen 7 1700

Hey I am new to the world of Pc's and would for the past 3 weeks now have been looking into overclocking. I have semi-ish figured out how to overclock my GPU ( MSI GTX 1060)  i am currently sitting at A core clock of +140 and and a memory clock of +500. With that being said i would like to overclock my CPU other sites are saying the Cryorig H7 can support overclocks and others sites are saying Cryorig H7 does have good thermals for OC. Honestly i just would like some Straightforward facts and hopefully someone could help me out 

First of all, what motherboard do you have?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Easiest way is to carry out a small overclock and monitor temperatures via a stress test. I would do this at stock first, then overclock by say 150mhz and rerun and see it the temps increase, you want to keep it below 80C really. If temps are good with +150mhz try 250mhz, at some point you will need to add more CPUVcore, only make small increases like 0.025v at a time and test for stability and temperature

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

25 minutes ago, PrimeFortune said:

Thank you! Much appreciated 

Keep in mind if you damage the processor whilst overclocking, you may find it hard to RMA - not impossible to RMA, and if you're careful you shouldn't kill it, certainly don't go over 1.3V on low end air coolers, I only have mine at 1.37 on a custom loop with 640mm of rad space

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

On 4/3/2018 at 10:29 PM, PrimeFortune said:

Thank you everyone 

I have a 1700 running stable at 3.9 and 1.35v. Good luck to you!

Look on YouTube to see if anyone has made a guide on overclocking your specific motherboard. You'll likely get more detailed information. 

• 2 weeks later...