Bykski GPU Water Cooling Block For Gigabyte GTX 1080/1070 any good?

Hi!

Before buying anything, I'd like to make sure that this isn't some leaking, low quality chinese knock-off thing, but actually a good quality product, so if any of you guys have any hands-on experience with this block or just bykski blocks in general, please tell me about your experience!

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LN0VGY4?m=A15KA95SYTNPWQ&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

5 minutes ago, matias_a_etersen said:
Hi!

Before buying anything, I'd like to make sure that this isn't some leaking, low quality chinese knock-off thing, but actually a good quality product, so if any of you guys have any hands-on experience with this block or just bykski blocks in general, please tell me about your experience!

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LN0VGY4?m=A15KA95SYTNPWQ&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Bykski is a pretty large brand overseas in the Asian market for watercooling gear, while good I'm not too sure about their warranty and support.  

30 minutes ago, W-L said:

Bykski is a pretty large brand overseas in the Asian market for watercooling gear, while good I'm not too sure about their warranty and support.  

Thanks alot! Good to know that they're at least a big company! That means that they have many costumers and if they sold some really bad products, all of those people would've probably made that clear in the reviews! Have a great day!

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

i had a gtx 970 block that i got off ebay for £10 and it worked fine :) 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I have a Byski X99 waterblock that was OK quality.  I'm not completely convinced the base was made of copper vs. brass or something else,   and the jet plate had some rust on it, but it ran for a year without issue.  The fin structure was comparable to an EK Supremacy block (.3mm spacing)

Reminds me that now that I'm not using that block anymore I should probably cut it to see what material its made of under the chrome plating.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

33 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I have a Byski X99 waterblock that was OK quality.  I'm not completely convinced the base was made of copper vs. brass or something else,   and the jet plate had some rust on it, but it ran for a year without issue.  The fin structure was comparable to an EK Supremacy block (.3mm spacing)

Reminds me that now that I'm not using that block anymore I should probably cut it to see what material its made of under the chrome plating.

Pretty sure they still use copper could be a slightly lower copper content more mixed metals like nickel and other alloys to help reduce cost. 

Well, thanks alot everybody! Hope you find out what material it really is @AnonymousGuy ;)