Jump to content
DeagleMaster69

I feel electricity on my case.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

On the marked spot I can feel a bit of electricity. I have a corsair rm750x psu. My friend says it is nothing to worry about but I'm still a bit concerned. Can anyone help me?

Snapchat-695387545.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you install the motherboard standoffs correctly? Are any wires touching the case? Have you tried using a different power supply?


Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.2GHz @ 1.2V  GPUEVGA 750 Ti SC

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: EVGA 450w 80+ Bronze

 

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: EVGA 550w

 

Car: 

1992 Toyota Paseo

Engine: 5e-fe Inline 4cyl, 100HP, 93lb/ft

Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic

Body: White, 940kg/2070lbs

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, thegreengamers said:

Did you install the motherboard standoffs correctly? Are any wires touching the case? Have you tried using a different power supply?

I installed the standoffs correctly, no wires are tuching the case, I have not tried a different psu. Should I be worried that something is wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard of feeling "a little" bit of electricity. I always figured it's all or nothing :P... Meaning if something wasn't set up right you'd be feeling the same voltage from the power supply that it is supplying out.

 

What are the specs of your pc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I've never heard of feeling "a little" bit of electricity. I always figured it's all or nothing :P... Meaning if something wasn't set up right you'd be feeling the same voltage from the power supply that it is supplying out.

 

What are the specs of your pc?

Gtx 1070, i5 6600k, msi z170m mortar, corsair rm750x. And yes it is a little bit. I can feel it but it's not so much that its very uncomfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should not feel any electricity at all!!


Use ecosia to plant trees by just browsing the internet! :x (based on bing search engine)

itcoin Accepting Computer Store in Europe: caseking

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If all your standoffs are touching and you aren't having anything from the motherboard short, then I would try using a different PSU. I have had psu's that for whatever reason weren't properly grounding back through the ground and 3rd prong. In this case you can get what you are describing.

 

I would get it fix as it isn't good for you, your components, and could lead to bigger issues down the road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something that happens pretty often in laptops and phones with metal frames. It's nothing to worry about. There are many reasons why you can feel it and it's next to impossible to fix without disassembling pretty much every component that has access to the computers ground(the electrical potential, not the surface it is standing on). 

 

Also all computers in general tend to have this on a certain level, just remove your I/O shield and you will have a noise in your speakers that sound just like this sensation here feels

Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm, is the power plug grounded? Like the plug in your wall. If you live with your parents, ask them.

I know a system that will send like a bunch of power through you because it's not properly grounded, it's not a shock but a legit flow...


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Umm, is the power plug grounded? Like the plug in your wall. If you live with your parents, ask them.

I know a system that will send like a bunch of power through you because it's not properly grounded, it's not a shock but a legit flow...

Yes it feels more like a flow and less like a shock. If the plug isn't grounded can that hurt my system? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Yes it feels more like a flow and less like a shock. If the plug isn't grounded can that hurt my system? 

If it works, not really.

The system i know that's not properly grounded is like 5 years old and shows no signs of instability and it has the issue since day 1.


If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just not grounded, the worst thing that can happen is that if there is a short somewhere, your breaker won't trip and whatever is shorting will catch fire and you may have an electrical fire on your hands. But since it's a computer psu, there are numerous protections IC's that will intervene way before that has a chance to happen.

 

I've always had my PC like this even tho I have a ground pin on the wall socket, seems like it's not connected to anything in the building.

 

 


MSI GT62VR 6RE : CPU i7 6700HQ Display 1080p G-sync IPS RAM 32 Gigs DDR4 GPU GTX 1070 Storage 256gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb HDD

Oi m8 quote me if you want me to notice
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Generallee said:

It's just not grounded, the worst thing that can happen is that if there is a short somewhere, your breaker won't trip and whatever is shorting will catch fire and you may have an electrical fire on your hands. But since it's a computer psu, there are numerous protections IC's that will intervene way before that has a chance to happen.

 

I've always had my PC like this even tho I have a ground pin on the wall socket, seems like it's not connected to anything in the building.

 

 

But don't you think it can damage some of my components?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

But don't you think it can damage some of my components?

Not unless there is a short somewhere


MSI GT62VR 6RE : CPU i7 6700HQ Display 1080p G-sync IPS RAM 32 Gigs DDR4 GPU GTX 1070 Storage 256gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb HDD

Oi m8 quote me if you want me to notice
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
46 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

If all your standoffs are touching and you aren't having anything from the motherboard short, then I would try using a different PSU. I have had psu's that for whatever reason weren't properly grounding back through the ground and 3rd prong. In this case you can get what you are describing.

 

I would get it fix as it isn't good for you, your components, and could lead to bigger issues down the road.

I tried using a different psu but the problem is still there

Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think electricity concentrates in a corner, if you feel it there you should feel it trough the all case. The PSU doesn't only touch that corner does it? it doesn't seem so. Did you touched the PSU (the outside of course, do not open it)? if you don't feel it in the PSU i don't think it's possible to fell it in the case and blaming the PSU.


.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Do you think thats likely?

Nope

 

Just don't worry about this 


MSI GT62VR 6RE : CPU i7 6700HQ Display 1080p G-sync IPS RAM 32 Gigs DDR4 GPU GTX 1070 Storage 256gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb HDD

Oi m8 quote me if you want me to notice
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i don't think electricity concentrates in a corner, if you feel it there you should feel it trough the all case. The PSU doesn't only touch that corner does it? it doesn't seem so. Did you touched the PSU (the outside of course, do not open it)? if you don't feel it in the PSU i don't think it's possible to fell it in the case and blaming the PSU.

I dont feel it in the psu, but when I took the psu out of the case I didn't feel it on the case. But you are right. I feel it in other places on the case as well. Atleast the other 3 hinges on the back of the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, Generallee said:

Nope

 

Just don't worry about this 

I found out that the house is grounded. I tried a different psu but the issue was still there. I can feel it even when the PC is turned off but plugged in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

What should i do?

Get an Electrician and let him Check the Earth Connection.

With what you are saying, it is possible that you have a missing earth.

 


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites

mate put some rubber on the the threads for the power suppy screws and see if that helps 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:43 AM, DeagleMaster69 said:

I found out that the house is grounded. I tried a different psu but the issue was still there. I can feel it even when the PC is turned off but plugged in.

 


GENERAL OF THE WAIFU Brigade

ANIME EXPERT 
AYYYYMD FAN GIRL 
DENSETSU SENPAI NOTICE ME !

 

MY ANIME MACHINE 

MINI Dead-Box |~| Ryzen 5 1600x Overclocked to 4.2 ghz Stable | MSi B350 Tomahawk | G-Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200 | GTX 1060 6GB | 240GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | 1TB Barracuda | Corsair CX 750 | Cooler Master 240ml water AIO |
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

I dont feel it in the psu, but when I took the psu out of the case I didn't feel it on the case. But you are right. I feel it in other places on the case as well. Atleast the other 3 hinges on the back of the case.

something is passing electricity to the case. Don't take the PSU out, just open the sidepanel of the case and touch the outside of the PSU, see if you fell it like you fell in the case, that should tell you if indeed is the PSU causing it


.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, asus killer said:

something is passing electricity to the case. Don't take the PSU out, just open the sidepanel of the case and touch the outside of the PSU, see if you fell it like you fell in the case, that should tell you if indeed is the PSU causing it

I dont feel anything when I touch the pau inside the case. Also I don't feel the electricity when I touch it, i feel it when I put my upper lip on it (the hinge that is).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×