I feel electricity on my case.

DeagleMaster

Sounds like a missing Earth ground.  Check your outlet.

Tools for this are only about $5 at Home Depot.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Sounds like a missing Earth ground.  Check your outlet.

Tools for this are only about $5 at Home Depot.

What if I can't, could it damage my system. I first noticed the problem about a month ago. Also I'm hoping it's just some quick vibrations coused by the PSU that I misunderstand as electric. I can't feel it with my finger. I can only feel it when I came agains it with my upperlip. If it is vibration that is the couse could it still be that even if I can feel the vibration or electricity when the system is turned off, but still plugged in? Update: i felt it with the PSU outside the case

Do you have your system plugged into a power strip?  Could be a faulty ground on the strip.  The one and only time I've felt electricity through a unit was when the power strip was bad and needed replacing.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Just now, Velcade said:

Do you have your system plugged into a power strip?  Could be a faulty ground on the strip.  The one and only time I've felt electricity through a unit was when the power strip was bad and needed replacing.

Yes I do, but I tried to connect it to another power source in my room and the issu was still there.

1 hour ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

I can only feel it when I came agains it with my upperlip.

Kissing your PC, I see.

1 hour ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Update: i felt it with the PSU outside the case

Ok.  Then it's not AC current.  With the PSU outside of the case, if you still feel it on the case and not the PSU, then it's either DC (meaning there's a short somewhere) or a vibration.

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Kissing your PC, I see.

Ok.  Then it's not AC current.  With the PSU outside of the case, if you still feel it on the case and not the PSU, then it's either DC (meaning there's a short somewhere) or a vibration.

Can there be a short even if everything works. I first noticed this issue about a month ago, but it might have been there longer. Also what else could cause small vibrations while the PC is off except for the PSU? Do you think i should be worried?

22 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Can there be a short even if everything works. I first noticed this issue about a month ago, but it might have been there longer. Also what else could cause small vibrations while the PC is off except for the PSU? Do you think i should be worried?

Oh wait... I missed that... While the PC is OFF??

Ok.  Your case has USB ports, right?  Unplug those from the motherboard and see if the "shock" goes away.

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Oh wait... I missed that... While the PC is OFF??

Ok.  Your case has USB ports, right?  Unplug those from the motherboard and see if the "shock" goes away.

Ok. If it doesn't should I worry? 

Do it.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If you have a USB shorting somewhere, you have something to worry about.

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Do it.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If you have a USB shorting somewhere, you have something to worry about.

I unplugged every USB, ethernet and display port. I could still feel it.

You unplugged it from the motherboard to the case or unplugged devices from the ports?

Just so we're clear.....  I'm talking about the ports built into the case.

What kind of case do you have?  It has ports on the front, right?

32 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You unplugged it from the motherboard to the case or unplugged devices from the ports?

Just so we're clear.....  I'm talking about the ports built into the case.

What kind of case do you have?  It has ports on the front, right?

Yes, but I dont use them. I tought you were talking about the motherboard. Also I tried a different outlet in my room and the issue was still there and I tries using a surge protector that I dont use (it's too short) and the issue was still there.

51 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Yes, but I dont use them. I tought you were talking about the motherboard. Also I tried a different outlet in my room and the issue was still there and I tries using a surge protector that I dont use (it's too short) and the issue was still there.

OMG... Let's try this again... 

You don't have to be using them if the PORTS THEMSELVES are causing the short.  Power is going from the board to the ports whether you use them or not. 

19 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

OMG... Let's try this again... 

You don't have to be using them if the PORTS THEMSELVES are causing the short.  Power is going from the board to the ports whether you use them or not. 

Ok. I unplugged the usb connector on the motherboard and the issue was still there.

6 minutes ago, mikat said:

and you discovered this how?

Not important

Ok.  So we're back to square one.  Problem must be a short somewhere.  Like an extra stand off or a cracked PCB.

Still could be dangerous as a short can kill components if not caught.

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ok.  So we're back to square one.  Problem must be a short somewhere.  Like an extra stand off or a cracked PCB.

Still could be dangerous as a short can kill components if not caught.

But if it has workes flawlessly for well over a month do you think it's anything dangerous?

Go to the hardware store and buy a cheap multi meter. Brand doesn't matter, it can be $10 or it can be $100, doesn't matter for what we are doing as long as it reads DC and AC (most do).

Test the socket your computer is plugged into. Test from hot (the small vertical slot) to the neutral (the long vertical slot) and to ground (the small one at the bottom). Assuming you live in North America, you should read 120V AC from hot to neutral and hot to ground with no reading from neutral to ground. If you don't, your outlet is incorrectly wired.

If your readings are correct then you should take a measurement from where you feel electricity to ground. If you are even feeling the electricity then the voltage is a minimum of 25 to 30V AC. You won't feel the DC voltage until 60 to 70V (you will feel it sooner if you are very sweaty).

If the voltage you are feeling feels like buzzing then it is AC and indicates a fault with your power supply. I want to keep from saying anything else until I get an actual understanding of the type of voltage at play and how much of it there is.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I'm going back to bad ground. 

When I worked for Razer, I initially launched the Blade with a two pin AC cable for the adapter.  Some people complained of a "tingle" through the Blade's aluminum housing.  We added a ground pin to the adapter and the tingle went away. 

9 hours ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

What display do you use?

I have the 'tingly' Thing on some (normally grounded) coponents when I have my (shitty) Aldi TV connected to the PC because that's the only thing that gives it a ground reference.

Do you use a display without a ground? (=TV)

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

By "off" I assume the OP means "soft off" and not shut down via AC input (i.e. PSU switch off).

On 3/14/2018 at 7:01 AM, jonnyGURU said:

By "off" I assume the OP means "soft off" and not shut down via AC input (i.e. PSU switch off).

Yes. Also multi meters are actually quiet experience where I live if I don't have the possibility to buy one do you think my PC will be OK? Also I live in Norway so the socket is 220v. Edit: When the PC is completely unplugged but the display port for the GPU is plugged in I can feel a little bit of electrisity, when I plugged the power cord back into the PC I could feel it more but still quite little. I can feel small amounts of electricity on the hinges and on the back of the motherboard standoffs behind the motherboard. I have checked that all the motherboard mounting screws are thigh. Also these pictures might mean something or they might be completely unrelated. I noticed some weird pricks and marks on my motherboard back plate and on the hinges wher I can feel the electricity. I dont know if the electricity caused it or if it has just always been there. Here are some pictures:

20180314_144226.jpg

20180314_142027.jpg

Snapchat-805606833.jpg

Snapchat-1588701271.jpg

20180315_075144.jpg

5 hours ago, Canada EH said:

maybe your feeling of electricity is just vibration

Wgat could cause vibration when the pc is off except for the PSU?