RGB Control Software

cluelessgenius

quick update

good progress so far

i mean there no functionality yet :D but ground work comes first and thats looking good for the couple of days i spent after work.

if progress keeps up like this i think ill be able to "release a pre-alpha" lets say 2-3 weeks or so :D first milestone is just gonna be asus auro replacement cause that the only thing i can test right now

but dont worry other hardware will be supported with day one dlcs :D 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

• 2 weeks later...

sooo... i was really sick last week so no progress within that time but now im back to health - ish and will continue in the coming days. dont worry its not dead im on it.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Sounds like a nice idea I had in my head for a while, would love to see you get something functional.

Personally i use Corsair Link and Asus Aura because of the GPU and the rest are Corsair components.

Not sure how this would work since my Corsair link is always active, can your software overrule Corsair link?

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

3 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

Sounds like a nice idea I had in my head for a while, would love to see you get something functional.

Personally i use Corsair Link and Asus Aura because of the GPU and the rest are Corsair components.

Not sure how this would work since my Corsair link is always active, can your software overrule Corsair link?

well the plan was to make OEM software obsolete so you wouldnt need corsair link (for lighting control at least) but actually thats a good point ill definitly add 'behaviour regarding OEM software overruling' to the list of things ill test and watch. 

in theory since i would use their SDKs and just send messages to the hardware just like the OEM software does wether or not it overrules it would depend on how often the OEM software re-sends their commands. i definitly dont plan to interfere with the the OEM softare communication in any way. thats to much a hastle and theres too much that could go wrong.

alright ive thought long hard now about how to implement effects and i think @iFreilicht had a pretty good idea on how to configure light efffects. ill post the link to his topic below if youre interested have a look at his iris visualizer. i thinks its a good way to do it. sadly this means ill have to do some rethinking of my data model and the UI but i think itll be worth it.