Can cops stream

Baseball28

their work no, in their free time I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be allowed to

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

If they want to and their department's ok with it, sure. Most departments, I'd imagine, are not ok with it. They probably don't want to deal with the fallout from a cop beating an unarmed man's face in with a flashlight live on YouTube.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, grimreeper132 said:

their work no, in their free time I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be allowed to

Seconded: 

Source - friend whos a cop, streams destiny regularly 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I'm pretty sure there is a cop who streams himself doing cop stuff while on duty.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Its left upto the department. Theirs a few cops I can think of that do motovlogs while on duty and stuff on youtube and its only because the department allows it. I can't see why they can't stream as well if the department says its okay. Just can't get in the way of an investigation. 

There's a lot of red tape for officers to stream here. I know there's a show in the US called Live PD that does exactly that, then there's Cops but then again, red tape. 

Unless you mean streaming video games when at home then I don't see why not. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I don't see why not. They are humans like anyone else, they are free to do what they want in their free time. As long as they don't talk about ongoing investigations, their work in general or the identity of undercover agents, etc... there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

If they want to and their department's ok with it, sure. Most departments, I'd imagine, are not ok with it. They probably don't want to deal with the fallout from a cop beating an unarmed man's face in with a flashlight live on YouTube.

What is people’s fascination of incriminating cops? Always quick to judge. Cops are out there to keep people safe, nothing more. 

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Unfortunately practically all of those videos are framed to make the cop look bad. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It depends on the department and their regulations. 

In most cases it is frowned upon because if the officer gets in an altercation the video must then be removed from the stream as that is now evidence of an investigation that cannot be available to the public lest it come across the those to be involved in a court case [jury] then the juror is tainted for having pre-knowledge of a working case....

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER