Chromebooks

As long as what you do is mostly web based, yea that'll work

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

18 minutes ago, NoobAdrian said:

There's this Chromebook in my local Staples:

https://www.staples.ca/en/acer-nx-g85aa-007-cb3-131-c5ra-11-6-hd-chromebook-intel-celeron-n2840-4gb-ram-16gb-emmc-ssd-moonstone-white/product_2093707_1-CA_1_20001 

I was just wondering if its any good for just youtube, research, school work, etc. 

looks good! although if your looking for a touchscreen/flipscreen, get this:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Chromebook-Convertible-11-6-Inch-CB5-132T-C1LK/dp/B01J42JPJG/ref=sr_1_12?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516404458&sr=1-12&keywords=chromebook

1 minute ago, Genericplane said:

Thanks, but that's all I need, I don't really need anything fancy

well it has 4GB of ram, so if you are like me and have 20+ tabs open at all times, then it's not for you. but up to 10 tabs at a time should be okay. 

it's also a celeron, so it won't be good at doing anything really intensive. but youtube and google docs are perfectly fine. 

EDIT: be aware that you won't have acces to microsoft office for schoolwork because it's a chromebook. yes, you could use Word Online or google docs, but it's not the same. 

She/Her

On 1/19/2018 at 6:08 PM, NoobAdrian said:

There's this Chromebook in my local Staples:

https://www.staples.ca/en/acer-nx-g85aa-007-cb3-131-c5ra-11-6-hd-chromebook-intel-celeron-n2840-4gb-ram-16gb-emmc-ssd-moonstone-white/product_2093707_1-CA_1_20001 

I was just wondering if its any good for just youtube, research, school work, etc. 

Depends. The Web version of MS office sucks. There are features missing that saved my ass in school. Such as, making it easy to create citations and Work Cited pages. LOL. Plus I think only Word and Excel are web based, maybe power point. Now if your school uses Google's office programs then you cool. OR you can type them out in Google Docs and copy them to word on a school computer, assuming you have access to a computer lab and such. 

Anything else you need it should do. I mean anything that is accessible via chrome should work. Should mention these machines are very easy to use. My dad has one, and he uses it just fine, no issues. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If you work on the go and have the ability to use the desktop version of Word or other apps when possible, then I don't see why not. My organization allows synchronization of OneDrive from my laptop to my work PC which I'm thankful for but since you're not doing anything like that and are looking for just the basics, you should be able to work with this. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."