Noctua air cooler or Liquid?

Legend27

think the X62 is a little better, doubt its a lot and its almost certainly noiseier

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

X62 is better with a very little difference. If you have money you can go with X62. But if you want to save more money for other components go with Noctua.

CPU: R5 1600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 | RAM: Gskill RipjawsV 3200 MHz 2x8 GB Black | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 | PSU: EVGA 650 G3 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB | Graphics Card: MSI Armor RX 570 4G OC | Wi-Fi Adapter: Asus USB-N14 | Headset: Arctis 5 | Keyboard: Masterkeys Pro L Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G402 | Mousepad: Logitech G240 | Monitor: Viewsonic XG2700-4K 

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

What are your temps idle then full load?

4.1Ghz, 1.3V. prime 95 small for 1 hour will max out at 81C.  Under normal work loads it stays under 75C.  Idle is in the high 30s.

What case? U14S is fairly tall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

53 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What case? U14S is fairly tall.

Cosmos 700p

It will definetly fit.

CPU: R5 1600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 | RAM: Gskill RipjawsV 3200 MHz 2x8 GB Black | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 | PSU: EVGA 650 G3 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB | Graphics Card: MSI Armor RX 570 4G OC | Wi-Fi Adapter: Asus USB-N14 | Headset: Arctis 5 | Keyboard: Masterkeys Pro L Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G402 | Mousepad: Logitech G240 | Monitor: Viewsonic XG2700-4K 

1 minute ago, Nazim Pasa said:

It will definetly fit.

I heard the thermals are bad tho 

Noctua's? No. It is definetly a good bang for the buck. It performs very similiar with most of 240 mm AIO liquid coolers. If you won't gonna buy 360 mm or 280 mm AIO air coolers are generally better and much cheaper.

23 minutes ago, Legend27 said:

I heard the thermals are bad tho 

With U14S? Nope. Its probably best 140mm single tower. When D15 is best overall. Easy to install, quiet, excellent performance. Only downside is colors, if you are for those.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you want better colors you can get a PH-TC12DX or even better a PE-TC14PE.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

With U14S? Nope. Its probably best 140mm single tower. When D15 is best overall. 

I'd argue that the NH-U14S is the better cooler overall when it fits. Its form factor makes working around the motherboard and installation easier while delivering much of the same performance. That being said, I'm just using a NH-U12S with an additional NF-S12A in pull since it doesn't block the view of my ram. The NH-U14S I was going to replace my NH-D15 with is just sitting on my shelf since it won't fit in my S340 waiting for a new case.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'd argue that the NH-U14S is the better cooler overall when it fits. Its form factor makes working around the motherboard and installation easier while delivering much of the same performance. That being said, I'm just using a NH-U12S with an additional NF-S12A in pull since it doesn't block the view of my ram. The NH-U14S I was going to replace my NH-D15 with is just sitting on my shelf since it won't fit in my S340 waiting for a new case.

I bought U14S because it happened to fit in previous case and I didn't want dual tower. There wasn't much option when changing case when I needed 165mm of space. R-series to rescue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv