The "meme build" 1KW PSU, 10+ year old components

The "meme build"

1KW of non modular power for a P4 and a GeForce 8600!

So im calling this the meme build because i recently got my hands on a non modular 1KW PSU and then all my builds broke and i looked in my clauset and saw an LGA 775 motherboard with a chip with no name so i was like "sure, lets cry a but less and have some fun!" so i went to work!

I had all this stuff laying around basically, but the GPU is a pretty new aquiry, bought it for €5 because the cooler is just amazing(i had to put away my hate for ASUS for this one, like come on its just amazing :P) and the PSU is also fairly new for me, aparently has some coilwhine but i never booted this machine because other shit came up and i had to take the GPU for some testing with Northern Bee and havent put it back in. The build is all built and documented though because i kind of felt i should have a "how to build a computer" thing documented or something :P 

So lets get into the specs:

CPU: Unknown LGA775 chip

GPU: ASUS Lets Game GeForce 8600

RAM: 2x512mb Sammy 2x512mb Kingston DDR memory because RAM is exepnsive ya know!

PSU: OCZ Z1000 1KW non modular pice of dank, 80+ gold but more like titanium actiually

Motherboard: some ATX thing from a Fujitsu machine

CPU Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2B

HDD: WD RaptorX 10k RPM 150GB, another just amazing thing

Case: Cooler Master Elite 344u

b840B72.jpg

So, onto the build pictures:

Spoiler

Ktccvyl.jpg

L3Tt0Pf.jpg

QBFTevc.jpg

Q0BeygG.jpg

Look at all this RAM! 4x512mb!

EjMgnmr.jpg

oz2O5BW.jpg

ppUOzZ9.jpg

got to make sure to remove this plastic or thermals would... uuu.. well they would probably be fine tbh, i dont think thermal paste is strictly needed here even tbh xD

04RItbR.jpg

A7vMdYk.jpg

yOgokJw.jpg

8AiZjOv.jpg

slVBnts.jpg

ekwAK3E.jpg

OzCdApl.jpg

Gm6pRgg.jpg

a mightly beast like this needs all 4 screws screwed in! like, i think it would rip the metal if i tilted it forward without them, its MASSIVE! :P just LOOK AT THAT SWITCH!

H0HdLD2.jpg

and LOOK AT THOSE CABLES! they take up more space than the PSU itself xD

slWJcr7.jpg

And thats the build done! sorry for the shit quality, but the LG G6 just has a shit camera :(

It was an extremely easy build, the only problem was installing the cooler because i didnt read the instructions all the way through so what i had a problem with was done extremely easely if you just did it like they told you xD The front case fan was also a right pain to mount, idk if you are suposed to thread the threads with the screws but thats what i had to do, and it wasent great tbh. never had to install a case fan with screws before, always used some of those Noctua rubber anti vibration mounts that i got with my Noctua industrial fans that got taken from me and swapped for some shitty Lian Li case fans but thats another story, one of selling the LAN PC lol. Build turned out pretty enjoyable, its not pretty or anything but its hilarious, 1000W of PSU thats 95+% efficient at every load for a damn Pentium 4(i think, could be a Celeron for all i know), 2GB of RAM and a GeForce 8600 is just silly and then a 10k rpm SATA disk ontop of that just makes this build dank memes :P The case is utter garbage build wise, but hey at least the airflow is better than most things put out by the big bois in 2017! I would have gone with a diffrent cooler if i had had one, this one is suposed to go on the Toaster to bring down that 80C load temp a bit when the case is closed but for now the Toaster has its GPU in Northern Bee and the OS is screwed up and the SSD dead. 

This is just a random  build i put togetherer so i hope someone enjoyed it a bit at least, i sure had fun building it at least! Thanks for reading and feel free to ask anything about the build if you want :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

try getting your hands on 3870X2 or 4870X2, you gotta punish that psu yo.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

try getting your hands on 3870X2 or 4870X2, you gotta punish that psu yo.

they are wanted for my GPU collection(thats basically empty so far), love anything with two GPUs and even bettter are cards with two PCBs and crazy cooling :D trying to cut down on my computer spending though tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

23 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

they are wanted for my GPU collection(thats basically empty so far), love anything with two GPUs and even bettter are cards with two PCBs and crazy cooling :D trying to cut down on my computer spending though tbh

GTX295 can be found for cheaper and most of them were dual PCB :D

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

GTX295 can be found for cheaper and most of them were dual PCB :D

well, i want every dual PCB, and dual GPU card i can tbh xD didnt know the 295 was dual PCB though, thats news to me, i thought the last NVIDIA dual PCB card was the 9800 GX2 tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well, i want every dual PCB, and dual GPU card i can tbh xD didnt know the 295 was dual PCB though, thats news to me, i thought the last NVIDIA dual PCB card was the 9800 GX2 tbh

Many early 295s are as well :) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Many early 295s are as well :) 

well damn, now i need to get two 295s :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

You might need a bigger power supply if you want to overclock.