$h!tty $900 Party Trick – Jibo Review

21 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

What's worse is that I'm one of those people who would probably buy such an expensive party trick.

I'd rather get this even though it'll be a bunch of crazy people dancing before the music starts

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

It's insane.... have they said what they are doing with the money? 

5950X | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 | ASUS Dark Hero | EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 Hybrid | ASUS PG27UQ & PG279Q | Dual Samsung 970 Evo+ 2TB | Corsair AX1600i | Corsair H150i Pro Capillex | Corsair 1000D

1 minute ago, Sprayingmango said:

Not that i know of, i have "asked" the question on Ebay, are they going to donate some if not all to charity.. no response as yet, i would imagine it's not as easy as saying yeah sure lets just give it all away.. either way, it's just amazing. 

8 hours ago, Sprayingmango said:

Seems some bids have been removed.. stoopid Ebayers

there are quite a few with very little feedback.. personally, i would disregard any that have less than a set number of feedbacks.. and certainly disregard any newly created ebay accounts.

19 hours ago, Will.N.Dad said:

there are quite a few with very little feedback.. personally, i would disregard any that have less than a set number of feedbacks.. and certainly disregard any newly created ebay accounts.

exactly why i think they are trolls or shill bidders

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

So the auction ends in 50m and it's up to $25,100. I sincerely hope that Linus will be donating this money instead of using it to pay for $5k iMacs and RED cameras...  

Seriously....this is just absurd. 

5950X | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 | ASUS Dark Hero | EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 Hybrid | ASUS PG27UQ & PG279Q | Dual Samsung 970 Evo+ 2TB | Corsair AX1600i | Corsair H150i Pro Capillex | Corsair 1000D

18 minutes ago, Sprayingmango said:

So the auction ends in 50m and it's up to $25,100. I sincerely hope that Linus will be donating this money instead of using it to pay for $5k iMacs and RED cameras...  

Seriously....this is just absurd. 

hes not gonna pay up... hes just a troll

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Linus should do a live stream to say what he is gonna do with the money.. and to show how silly people are.. oh and to congratulate the winner :)

So what ever happened with this?? 

3 hours ago, Sprayingmango said:

So what ever happened with this?? 

I Noticed it in one of his latest videos.. i think the "5 Gadgets to help you Wake-Up" video, Jibo had a cameo role in it, i guess it could be b-roll footage from the Jibo review itself.

but yeah we are all interested for some reason :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Will.N.Dad said:

Na they still have it.. in one video while they were at CES, @LinusTech said the bids were trolls.. so there we go.

Link? 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

I boght one, I like it. If you dont like the way it acts you can edit the code easy. Just have to void warenties :)

I'll be honest, after the first video, I thought "that's a pretty cool party trick" and after seeing the commentary from CES, where it looks like they're actively fixing problems and at a speedy rate, I really want one. I will wait for a couple of years and see where it gets.

2 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

I'll be honest, after the first video, I thought "that's a pretty cool party trick" and after seeing the commentary from CES, where it looks like they're actively fixing problems and at a speedy rate, I really want one. I will wait for a couple of years and see where it gets.

It's definitely not worth $900 though.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's definitely not worth $900 though.

Subjective. I've bought stupider stuff for $900. I will want to see functionality improvements and hopefully a cost reduction over time though.