What gaming headset to buy?

charbel1011

Why steelseries?

(>.>)

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

im open to options.

-HyperX Cloud Core

-Or ATHm40x/HD 558/Phillips SPH9500 with Modmic 4 add on

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Budget? I love my Artctis 5s.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

37 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

What gaming headset to buy? from steelseries?

I'd go to a store and try them on then you can see for yourself whether you like the weight of some headsets and want overear or onear cups.

I for instance don't like the wireless Logitech g933 as much as I like Razers wireless headsets for the weight and the form of the cups which I tried in a store.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

i would recommend the Hyper X cloud 2 (or cloud stinger if you're on a tighter budget) ; these bad boys have great audio and mics for your buck, are made with memory foam so it doesn't get irradiating to wear with long use, and they look great if you like the black and red gamer look (or whatever other color option you want, i personally prefer the black and red one but they have others options as well) https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset?partnum=KHX-HSCP-RD

on the other hand if you just want a solid black headset, these look nice but i can't say i've used em, but sennheiser has a solid reputation in audiophiles from what i've heard https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

What's a good gaming headset to buy? money aint a problem im open to suggestions

Well. depends on what you want.

Wireless, I´d definitely recommend either the Corsair Void or the Logitech G933

Wired, then pretty much any headset from a reputable brand with atleast a $50 pricetag will do kinda

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T || PSU: Corsair RM650i || Mobo: Asus RoG Strix Z270E || CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H110i v2 || RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16GB White LED || GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB GAMING X || SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, Samsung MZ1280 M.2 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

HyperX Cloud II, Razer Kraken or Razer Man o' War

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Hyperx headsets are usually good for their price, since they actually care about audio quality.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

5 hours ago, lefudgelover666 said:

if money isnt an issue gaming headsets are the wrong place to be looking

okay then what headsets i should be looking for?

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

there's millions of Sennhieser headsets be specific please

30 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

there's millions of Sennhieser headsets be specific please

Any 500 series would be a good choice.

its kind of impossible to recommend anything without an actual price range, , give us a set amount and we can recommend based on that, i use Beyerdynamic T5p's and a Razer Seiren Pro, but of course im not going to recommend a $1300 combeo if your actual budget is in the 25-300 range etc etc

i have the razer kraken chroma right now and i wanna get rid of it. i want something with really nice quality microphone and sound any recommendation will be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

i have the razer kraken chroma right now and i wanna get rid of it. i want something with really nice quality microphone and sound any recommendation will be appreciated.

MDR 7506

My life

8 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I've had good experiences with the Logitech G430.

Sennheiser Game One is what I use, I wouldn't call it an audiophile grade headset and the mic isn't pro but it is still a rather good headset.  I have the Razer Kraken Pro as well and it's excellent for gaming, crap for everything else (not sure about the mic).

If you want true audiophile grade the sky is the limit IE: dac/amp nice cans and a mod mic or boom arm mic.  There are quality can's that won't require a dac/amp, throw in a mod mic and you've got something better than any gaming headset and tailored to your requirements.

edit: at the very least you should get the modmic usb dac, it's cheap and separates the output from the input so if your listening to loud music and gaming there isn't feedback from desktop to mic.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission