What gaming headset to buy?

charbel1011

I think u already posted this too many times and u havent bought one already?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

16 hours ago, Psittac said:

Sennheiser Game One is what I use, I wouldn't call it an audiophile grade headset and the mic isn't pro but it is still a rather good headset.  I have the Razer Kraken Pro as well and it's excellent for gaming, crap for everything else (not sure about the mic).

If you want true audiophile grade the sky is the limit IE: dac/amp nice cans and a mod mic or boom arm mic.  There are quality can's that won't require a dac/amp, throw in a mod mic and you've got something better than any gaming headset and tailored to your requirements.

edit: at the very least you should get the modmic usb dac, it's cheap and separates the output from the input so if your listening to loud music and gaming there isn't feedback from desktop to mic.

i like the idea of usb mic but which one should i get which mic?

Unless you plan on streaming/doing YouTube as a profession, I actually recommend picking up whatever headphones you can afford + A ModMic Business.

The Business comes with a free USB adapter, but has no hardshell carrying case and only 1.5 meters of cable (the ModMic 4 has 3 meters, which I frankly find too much, but your distance to your PC may be longer than mine). The mic is the same as the ModMic 4.

So that's 50 bucks + shipping. Depending on your budget and if you want closed vs. open I would start with the Sony MDR 7506 for closed back or either the Sennheiser HD558 or Philips SHP9500 for open. They all run around 70-80 USD.

If you need to go cheaper you can substitute in the Superlux 668 or Evo, which are about 40 bucks.

If your budget is less than 90 USD... well, you'll have to cut some more corners and probably downgrade the mic to something cheap like a Zalman ZM-1 or use an integrated gaming headset.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!