Busy video release schedule over the next little while, so here's a preview of something a little different

LinusTech

Ha ha ha, Linus woulda sh*t a brick if he'd seen how much dust was in my old GPU. It hadn't been cleaned in 5 years, and had moved between 3 houses.

You haven't seen dusty until the fan literally cannot move due to the dust.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Ha ha ha, Linus woulda sh*t a brick if he'd seen how much dust was in my old GPU. It hadn't been cleaned in 5 years, and had moved between 3 houses.

You haven't seen dusty until the fan literally cannot move due to the dust.

So did it die? Or does literally mean different things to you and I?

dustypc

I cleaned this PC last year. Not mine, and only a couple of years of dust for this daily internet machine. It sits on a desk and not on the floor.

Before anyone says anything, there is no cable management options for this off the shelf computer.

being self employed makes you look and feel older.

I know right... I've been running my own company for just short of two years now, and my hair is already turning grey! The stress is madness, but somehow it's still worth it. Not being below anyone, just doing your own thing—It's empowering, and oh so rewarding when things work out.

Cheers,

Linus

So did it die? Or does literally mean different things to you and I?

Nope. I had the fan set to automatically run at 100% speed at startup (lol), when I didn't hear the jet engine sound coming from my computer I immediately shut it off and opened it up. I had to use a fishing hook, tweezers, and a can of compressed air to dig out the dust.

Granted it did get damaged from the ordeal. It doesn't run so well anymore.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I love it.  Now among my favorite Linus videos.  Its good to see oddball videos like every now and again.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

I won't be able to release this for a while due to our busy schedule of "must release" content over the next little while, but I figured I might as well give the folks on the forum and early peek at our new PC cleaning & dust removal guide :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9T6WGFmam0

Nice vid, fun to see something different!

I would be very careful with recommending the use of a air compressor, like you did in the video, as those have a tendency to compress and condense moisture as well, without the proper equipment you can run a risk of spraying your computer with this moisture ;)

why isnt there a nexus 5 thread on the "linus videos" section ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

you should try a germen accent next time

or russian

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler