Hooking a gameboy Sp to a TV

I need some help finding a system that can hook a GBA SP to a tv through the rca or hdmi ports. This needs to be a GBA SP because I want people to be able to hook their GBAs up to this system and play on a big screen in the comfy chairs we got. I toyed around with the raspberry pie idea but that doesn't work well for saved games and games across multiple people easily. From there I dont know where to look. Any help is appreciated. I will keep you all up to date on this project.

Edited by TheNewbiestONewbs
Grammar

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

all of nintendo's handhelds need extensive modding (essentially, placing an additional controller inline with the screen to grab the video signal) for video out, you'd literally be faster and cheaper to have a pi and have SD cards with retropie and ROM + save acting as "game cartidges", not that that's an efficient solution.

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

aslong u own the games its legal to use roms

*its in a legal greyzone

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

emulator :P aslong u own the games its legal to use roms

I know it is. I've just been asked if I can allow people to bring their own cartridges (i.e. Pokemon red,blue, green, mario, and other gba games). Is there maybe a way that I can place a gba cartridge port on the pi and run it like a hdd runs on a motherboard? Set the priority load point like the port or sd card?

2 minutes ago, TheNewbiestONewbs said:

I know it is. I've just been asked if I can allow people to bring their own cartridges (i.e. Pokemon red,blue, green, mario, and other gba games). Is there maybe a way that I can place a gba cartridge port on the pi and run it like a hdd runs on a motherboard? Set the priority load point like the port or sd card?

u just need a cartridge reader really that goes through usb in that case :P or extract the roms / savefiles of the cartridges with an extractor tool :P

(◑‿◐)

u just need a cartridge reader really that goes through usb in that case :P or extract the roms / savefiles of the cartridges with an extractor tool :P

Ok. so have it run through the gba cartridge port first then the sd card?

2 minutes ago, TheNewbiestONewbs said:

Ok. so have it run through the gba cartridge port first then the sd card?

with the cartridge readers u can play the games directly to ur device :P

(◑‿◐)

Do you own a gamecube? If so , you could buy a gameboy player , which would allow you to do that.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

4 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Do you own a gamecube? If so , you could buy a gameboy player , which would allow you to do that.

n64/snes gameboy reader xD

(◑‿◐)

n64/snes gameboy reader xD

those are specifically made for the GB and GBC though , they won't work with the GBA.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I second the GameBoy Player idea, just make sure if you do get it second hand that you also get the disk required to use the peripheral!

And keep in mind you will connect your GameCube with composite (red, white yellow) cables, since the GameCube component cable (better quality) is waaaay too expensive. Unless you get a third party one.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/