What wireless card should i get?

ONEnONLY

So i cant have wired internet because im living in this student flat and the router is in the kitchen. Which isnt that far from my room but there are like 3 walls in between. I bought this "TP-LINK TL-WR802N" and i thought it would be fine but im getting ms spikes all the time. 

I think that im going to get a PCIe wireless card but which one should i get?

get a pcie wireless card that has an antenna with a wire (so its not jammed against the back of what is essentially an RF shield) and has some form of cover (can, heatsink, ..) overtop of the functional-y bits on the PCB.

past that.. there's not much difference between most of them.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

get a pcie wireless card that has an antenna with a wire (so its not jammed against the back of what is essentially an RF shield) and has some form of cover (can, heatsink, ..) overtop of the functional-y bits on the PCB.

past that.. there's not much difference between most of them.

I'd still get an Intel card specifically, I've had much better luck with the driver not giving me issues and connectivity working.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd still get an Intel card specifically, I've had much better luck with the driver not giving me issues and connectivity working.

its hard to find intel ones on pcie, surprisingly.

Just now, manikyath said:

its hard to find intel ones on pcie, surprisingly.

Yeah I've noticed that. On occasions when I'm helping someone look for an Intel card they seem to not exist or only have older models. New ones are a PITA to find sometimes.

You can buy mini pci-e wireless adapter cards and separately mini pci-e to pci-e adapter cards with removable antennas.

Example:   Silverstone SST-ECWA1 Adapter-Mini PCIe to standard PCIe card + dual band (2.4 GHz 3dBi / 5GHz 5 dBi) MIMO antenna with circle magnetic base 1.5Meter

Then you get whatever mini pcie wireless card you want and attach the antenna wires to the card and the card in the mini pcie slot and you're done.

Example : Intel Original 3160HMW Wifi Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac Mini PCI-E Wlan Card (this one can do 433 mbps on 802.11ac )

You can probably find them cheaper on eBay, just search for intel 3160hmw .. there's other intel ones. But there's also good Atheros brand cards or Broadcom ones quite cheap (people just pull them from laptops with broken screens or other damages and sell them cheap).

My story:
Had problems with USB sticks
USB stick died
bought Asus PCE-AC68 for 70 bucks

had the exact same issues as before

also no 5GHz on Windows 10 RIP

router is one floor up with on ceiling between antenna and router

distance about 6 meters

returned it because that is unnacceptable for a 70€ product.

am now running a wire out through a window and in through a window and am as happy as I have never been before with my connection stability.

Powerline wasn't tested for long since max speed was down to 35 to 50 which is a no-go

end of story: go wired if that is anyway near doable!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

My story:
Had problems with USB sticks
USB stick died
bought Asus PCE-AC68 for 70 bucks

had the exact same issues as before

also no 5GHz on Windows 10 RIP

router is one floor up with on ceiling between antenna and router

distance about 6 meters

returned it because that is unnacceptable for a 70€ product.

am now running a wire out through a window and in through a window and am as happy as I have never been before with my connection stability.

Powerline wasn't tested for long since max speed was down to 35 to 50 which is a no-go

end of story: go wired if that is anyway near doable!

I dont think my flatmates would like a long cable going from my door through the corridor and through the whole kitchen. 

Wireless sucks but i just have to live with it and make it work the best way possible :(

6 minutes ago, ONEnONLY said:

I dont think my flatmates would like a long cable going from my door through the corridor and through the whole kitchen. 

Wireless sucks but i just have to live with it and make it work the best way possible :(

What about powerline then?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

On 10/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, GER_T4IGA said:

What about powerline then?

I never thought that you could do that, sooo if i get TP-Link 1200 Mbps do you think that it would be better than wifi? 

19 hours ago, ONEnONLY said:

I never thought that you could do that, sooo if i get TP-Link 1200 Mbps do you think that it would be better than wifi? 

I my particular house I got 30Mb from a nominally 540Mbps Powerline adapter. It all depends on the quality of your wiring, other connected devices (pulling power) and so on. From my experience I highly doubt you can reach fast speeds than 75Mbps with Powerline and that would be with near perfect conditions. 

3.Use