FreeNAS 11.0 VM Virtual CPU assignment issue.

Of every forum and guide I've searched, everything says my hardware is compatible and that my setting are correct yet the VMs that I create regardless of how many Virtual CPUs I assign report 2. One per physical processor. I learned this was due to a number of features that the hardware must support and settings that need to be enabled in the BIOS including VT-x, VT-d & feature support for Unrestricted Guest (UG) and EPT.

I have checked and verified that all of these things are enabled and I don't see any of the hardware being incompatible yet despite this the virtual machines continue to display 1 core per CPU so I'm at a loss.

Hardware:

CPU: 2x Intel E5 2670

Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16

RAM: Kingston 128GB 1600MHz ECC Unbuffered

Software:

FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)

VM software is pre-included and is refereed to as "bhyve" or BeeHive.

I mean is much better posting this on FreeNAS forums. It also could be a bug, i mean VM feature is still alphaish. 

I have seen people with supported build with alot of problems while others with unsupported seem to be working more successfully than them. 

Magical Pineapples

I just have to comment on how awesome a build you have, I've been looking at server equipment recently :)

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

12 hours ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

I mean is much better posting this on FreeNAS forums. It also could be a bug, i mean VM feature is still alphaish. 

I have seen people with supported build with alot of problems while others with unsupported seem to be working more successfully than them. 

I just don't want to make another website account but I suppose I'll have no choice but to. Worse case scenario it is a hardware compatibility issue that I overlooked and I'm stuck. I'm not setting up VMs for performance so considering the amount of resources I have despite the limitation I could make up to 8 dual core VMs with 8GB of RAM each. I could do any number of things with that.

12 hours ago, LtStaffel said:

I just have to comment on how awesome a build you have, I've been looking at server equipment recently :)

I didn't mention the 16TB raidz2 (RAID6) array comprised of eight 2TB 7200RPM disks. Read/Write access saturates SATAIII 6Gbit. A smaller 9TB raidz1(RAID5) for backup storage. A Fiberoptic 10Gbit SFP+ NIC & the OS is running off a 64GB boot SSD

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I didn't mention the 16TB raidz2 (RAID6) array comprised of eight 2TB 7200RPM disks.

Nice!

Read/Write access saturates SATAIII 6Gbit.

Nice!

A smaller 9TB raidz1(RAID5) for backup storage.

Nice!

A Fiberoptic 10Gbit SFP+ NIC

Nice!

the OS is running off a 64GB boot SSD

... really?

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

10 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I didn't mention the 16TB raidz2 (RAID6) array comprised of eight 2TB 7200RPM disks. Read/Write access saturates SATAIII 6Gbit. A smaller 9TB raidz1(RAID5) for backup storage. A Fiberoptic 10Gbit SFP+ NIC & the OS is running off a 64GB boot SSD

Really dope setup but you could just use 16GB USB for freenas. You could use that 64BG ssd as cache drives for your arrays. 

Magical Pineapples

5 hours ago, LtStaffel said:

...really?

7 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Really dope setup but you could just use 16GB USB for freenas. You could use that 64BG ssd as cache drives for your arrays. 

The whole server is overkill. I've heard people running FreeNAS off a USB but running OS's off thumb drives in general isn't something I'm use to. I considered it as a cache drive but from a pure speed perspective it wouldn't do much and from a access speed perspective the performance increase would also be negligible since I'm the only user. It isn't constantly being accessed by multiple clients then since it'd be 6Gbit it still wouldn't help saturate the 10Gbit NIC. I am thinking about if I can install a 480GB PCI_e SSD which would let me saturate the 10Gbit NIC but then I don't know how to set up a cache drive. I just recently upgraded from FreeNAS 9.something.something so maybe it's a new feature I haven't found yet.