Accidental presses on profiles... (Smartphones)

Zodiark1593

On the thread selection, can the profile name be moved over to the right side. The way it is now (under the thread title) makes it annoyingly easy to tap the profile name by mistake on smartphones.

Please and thank you...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not sure I follow. In the forum listing, profile pictures are moved to the right.

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 12.49.53.png

If it doesn't work like that for you, can you post the link give by https://aboutmybrowser.com/?

The profile pictures are to the right in my browser, but the profile names are right below the title as well. Those names can also be clicked on, and goes to that profile page. The problem is the close proximity to the topic title for those on mobile devices, particularly where the topic title is very short and doesn't extend far enough to click on without potentially hitting the profile name.

IMG_20170923_111642.jpg

https://aboutmybrowser.com/QfjRpOVz

My eyes see the past…

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The profile pictures are to the right in my browser, but the profile names are right below the title as well. Those names can also be clicked on, and goes to that profile page. The problem is the close proximity to the topic title for those on mobile devices, particularly where the topic title is very short and doesn't extend far enough to click on without potentially hitting the profile name.

https://aboutmybrowser.com/QfjRpOVz

Ah, sorry I misread your original post. I'll consider changing it, but moving it to the right doesn't really work because there's no space for it.

HTTP/2 203

I don't have that issue. Not even when Firefox is unresponsive to touch. It's much harder to tap x for removing multiquotes overall. And that's been issue for long time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I can't count the amount of times I accidentally pressed on a profile  like OP (or even wrong OP when Chrome decided to scroll a bit) because they sit on below the other. If only there was a solution for this. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 9/23/2017 at 7:46 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Ah, sorry I misread your original post. I'll consider changing it, but moving it to the right doesn't really work because there's no space for it.

Maybe even just switch the time it was posted and who it was posted by? (So for example: 2 hours ago, By colonel_mortis)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

30 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Maybe even just switch the time it was posted and who it was posted by? (So for example: 2 hours ago, By colonel_mortis)

On the left side it could say "Last Post: 2 hr", then the profile name goes under the picture. 

My eyes see the past…

On 9/24/2017 at 9:46 AM, colonel_mortis said:

what disabling the name as a link and just let the profile picture act as the link to the profile?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

On the left side it could say "Last Post: 2 hr", then the profile name goes under the picture. 

3 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

what disabling the name as a link and just let the profile picture act as the link to the profile?

The name and picture refer to different people - the picture is of the person who last posted in the topic, while the name is of the person who started the topic.

6 hours ago, TheKDub said:

That could work, though I'd need to check that it doesn't break anything else. I won't be able to change it until the next update in probably January though.

HTTP/2 203