Extremely rare PC issue with games

Just now, pyrojoe34 said:

Any chance you are getting dirty power from your wall? Do you have a UPS that you can run the power through to clean it up? Do you have a meter you can use to monitor your wall power stability and voltage?

I'm using a voltage regulator which should regulate the voltage, although not an UPS, BIOS readings say the voltage is coming correctly, I don't have a multimeter right now sadly. I also tested my PC in another house and it also kept giving me issues, haven't tested plugging it direclty into the wall though.

Just now, EvilTomato said:

I'm using a voltage regulator which should regulate the voltage, although not an UPS, BIOS readings say the voltage is coming correctly, I don't have a multimeter right now sadly. I also tested my PC in another house and it also kept giving me issues, haven't tested plugging it direclty into the wall though.

Try directly into the wall? Maybe the voltage regulator is defective and unstable?

This is a tough issue, you really seem to have tried almost everything I would have tried and then some. Other than the display cable swap suggestion I'm not sure what else it could be.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

Try directly into the wall? Maybe the voltage regulator is defective and unstable?

This is a tough issue, you really seem to have tried almost everything I would have tried and then some. Other than the display cable swap suggestion I'm not sure what else it could be.

Yeah man, and I'm not trying to get dramatic here but, this issue really fucked me up. I come from Venezuela and our economy is pretty bad, I pretty much used all my savings as a gamedev to build this machine (Including the mobo replacement), but I guess that's just life giving me a challenge, I'll test both things after I finish doing some stuff.

Im having the same issue aswell. With the same Gigabyte Motherboard as you are using and same brand of memory but im using 2x4GB. Tried to switch rams but i used the same kind of ram as the other set. Perhaps i will try another brand of the Vendors-list and see if it makes any difference. 

I've also tried switching motherboard and even the CPU. Didnt help. 3 different brand new graphics cards, 1050, 1050 Ti and 1060 3GB.

One thing i did that made it abit more stable but didnt really do the trick. Was able to play Overwatch for 2 hours then other issues came instead.

But go into Nvidia controlpanel, on 3D-settings turn everything to off / high performance instead of quality. Go to physX settings and set it on CPU.

Try it and reply it was to any assistance for you.

I Also did flash the bios with no progress. Tried like all of the power programs, drivers, old and new ones. Only thing that helped abit was the drivers settings. But it wasnt that helpful after a while. Think it might be a compability issue. Also tried an old Radeon R9 270 GPU, and it worked even worse then with the Nvidia cards...

Just now, Isaentae said:

Im having the same issue aswell. With the same Gigabyte Motherboard as you are using and same brand of memory but im using 2x4GB. Tried to switch rams but i used the same kind of ram as the other set. Perhaps i will try another brand of the Vendors-list and see if it makes any difference. 

I've also tried switching motherboard and even the CPU. Didnt help. 3 different brand new graphics cards, 1050, 1050 Ti and 1060 3GB.

One thing i did that made it abit more stable but didnt really do the trick. Was able to play Overwatch for 2 hours then other issues came instead.

But go into Nvidia controlpanel, on 3D-settings turn everything to off / high performance instead of quality. Go to physX settings and set it on CPU.

I Also did flash the bios with no progress. Tried like all of the power programs, drivers, old and new ones. Only thing that helped abit was the drivers settings. But it wasnt that helpful after a while. Think it might be a compability issue. Also tried an old Radeon R9 270 GPU, and it worked even worse then with the Nvidia cards...

Weirdest thing is that I indeed tried another motherboard at first before the gigabyte one, which was were issues were first seen.

I tried to plug it to the wall but issues are persisting, I still need to try the monitor thing yet.

DOOM crashed and gave me this error log, not sure if it helps in any way. Half Life 1 doesn't even start.

Callstack Function(desc)              Line Bytes File       Process Address
---------------------------           ---- ----- ----       ------- -------
** UNKNOWN **(** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR **) ...  +     0x54bd7737 ?       

Register Info                
---------------------------  
EDI:    0x000001BE2809DAB0  ESI: 0x000001BDEE570000  EAX:   0x0000000000000000
EBX:    0x000001BDEE7C0040  ECX: 0x0000000000000000  EDX:   0x00000043177FF840
EIP:    0x0000000054BD7737  EBP: 0x0000000000009100  SegCs: 0x0000004300000033
EFlags: 0x0000000000010246  ESP: 0x00000043177FF7A0  SegSs: 0x000000430000002B

Exception Info               
ExpCode:          0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
ExpFlags:         0         
ExpAddress:       0x0000000054BD7737 

Build & Runtime Info        
User:             Evil Tomato        
Version:          20170531-000033-lavender-mint        
File Path:        E:\Steam games\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64.exe        
System Time:      8/25/2017 07:47:10        
Build String:     20170531-000033-lavender-mint        
VT File Path:             
VMTR Override:    generated/pagefiles        
Launch Command:   "E:\Steam games\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64.exe"        

Memory Info                 
In Use:           64%      
MB Physical RAM:  8124        
MB Physical Free: 2846        
MB Paging File:   10044        
MB Paging Free:   2626        
MB User Address:  134217728        
MB User Free:     134214273        

CPU Info                    
Num Packages:     1        
Num Cores:        4        
Num Logical:      8        
CPU ID:           Generic        
CPU MHz:          3194     

7 hours ago, jdwii said:

Make sure during the install you are on Windows 10 Creators Update you can get it here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Also you do have your chipset drivers installed right?

Tried a different cable and a different monitor (Which I used to play games like DotA 2 before (Which don't work now)) and it didn't work.

Just now, Isaentae said:

I also tried the config you told me and the following games still crash DOOM 4, Half Life 1, Shadow Warrior

Not sure what time zone you are in but lets run Prime 95 blend for at least 6 hours and see if that passes 

I'm even running out of ideas here haha and whenever you get it fixed i'd really like to know. 

You basically did everything you were supposed too for troubleshooting. 

Just now, jdwii said:

Not sure what time zone you are in but lets run Prime 95 blend for at least 6 hours and see if that passes 

I'm even running out of ideas here haha and whenever you get it fixed i'd really like to know. 

I'll do that tonight

Just now, jdwii said:

I'm a little scared about using Prime95, I'm using a stock cooler and it reaches 65-70 celsius.

It shouldn't be my temperatures because when DOOM crashes it doesn't even hit 50 celsious. But I know I have to stress test the cpu for quite a while.

44 minutes ago, EvilTomato said:

I'm a little scared about using Prime95, I'm using a stock cooler and it reaches 65-70 celsius.

It shouldn't be my temperatures because when DOOM crashes it doesn't even hit 50 celsious. But I know I have to stress test the cpu for quite a while.

Not about temps i'm wondering if the CPU is actually stable at that rated voltage

Also you are running stock on everything you have 100% right to run whatever you want to 100% under warranty.  

Just now, jdwii said:

Not about temps i'm wondering if the CPU is actually stable at that rated voltage

Also you are running stock on everything you have 100% right to run whatever you want to 100% under warranty.  

Fine, in a day or two I'll head back here since I'll be out of my city, thanks a lot for the help.

Do you use any kind of Antivirus tool? Kapersky or Symantec stuff? If so, get rid of it or update properly.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

One more thought: You said you RAM memtest86 but did you run the extended test rather than the quick run? Did you also try to run Windows Memory Diagnostic (again the extended one, not the quick one) as well? Did you run them multiple times?

I had some bad RAM that only failed on Extended Windows Memory Diagnostic and only after the second attempt, RAM tests can be weird and not find an error during the first run and not find deep errors when only running the quick checks. I recommend you run them both a couple more times in the extended mode to be sure it's not RAM. The reason I say this is it sounds a lot like a RAM issue which is why I suspect you may just have missed it on the first check.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

6 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Do you use any kind of Antivirus tool? Kapersky or Symantec stuff? If so, get rid of it or update properly.

I had these issues with no antivirus installed, but I currently got free version of Avast.

3 hours ago, pyrojoe34 said:

One more thought: You said you RAM memtest86 but did you run the extended test rather than the quick run? Did you also try to run Windows Memory Diagnostic (again the extended one, not the quick one) as well? Did you run them multiple times?

I had some bad RAM that only failed on Extended Windows Memory Diagnostic and only after the second attempt, RAM tests can be weird and not find an error during the first run and not find deep errors when only running the quick checks. I recommend you run them both a couple more times in the extended mode to be sure it's not RAM. The reason I say this is it sounds a lot like a RAM issue which is why I suspect you may just have missed it on the first check.

I ran 8 instances of HCI Memtest of 768mb for about 5 hours, following jdwii RAM should be stable since it gave me no errors. I could keep testing the ram no prob though.

On 26/8/2017 at 3:28 AM, jdwii said:

So after starting Prime95 blend some interesting stuff starts, FFT tests show no issues, I could even play some of the little amount of games that works with no freezes (100% cpu), but during Blend, workers start giving errors one by one until they all crash.

Done.png

This is an error log from one of the workers, the others showed the same:

[Aug 27 21:38] Worker starting
[Aug 27 21:38] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #3
[Aug 27 21:38] Beginning a continuous self-test on your computer.
[Aug 27 21:38] Please read stress.txt.  Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Aug 27 21:38] Test 1, 26000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M12451841 using AMD K10 type-2 FFT length 640K, Pass1=640, Pass2=1K.
[Aug 27 21:41] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 2 minutes - 0 errors, 0 warnings.
[Aug 27 21:41] Worker stopped.
[Aug 27 21:41] Worker starting
[Aug 27 21:41] Setting affinity to run worker on logical CPU #3
[Aug 27 21:41] Beginning a continuous self-test on your computer.
[Aug 27 21:41] Please read stress.txt.  Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Aug 27 21:41] Test 1, 26000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M12451841 using AMD K10 type-2 FFT length 640K, Pass1=640, Pass2=1K.
[Aug 27 21:41] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Aug 27 21:41] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Aug 27 21:41] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 0 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Aug 27 21:41] Worker stopped.

Any and all hardware failures means its not stable 100% how fast did this occur also very sorry for the late reply

we already know your memory is good as you ran 4-6 hours of HCI memtest so i can say the CPU itself is bad. 

Since you are running at stock i want you too issue a refund for the CPU i hope its not to late as then you would have to contact Amd. 

Just now, jdwii said:

Any and all hardware failures means its not stable 100% how fast did this occur also very sorry for the late reply

we already know your memory is good as you ran 4-6 hours of HCI memtest so i can say the CPU itself is bad. 

Since you are running at stock i want you too issue a refund for the CPU i hope its not to late as then you would have to contact Amd. 

No need to say sorry you're helping out a lot here.

This happened in about 5 minutes or less, so it happens rather very quickly, but only in Blend more, FFT mode can run for quite a considerable amount of time and not give any errors. Thanks so much, you are the first person to really make me identify the problem, I wish I could've known better before I bought that motherboard, it was a very expensive investment (For me in my country).

31 minutes ago, EvilTomato said:

No need to say sorry you're helping out a lot here.

This happened in about 5 minutes or less, so it happens rather very quickly, but only in Blend more, FFT mode can run for quite a considerable amount of time and not give any errors. Thanks so much, you are the first person to really make me identify the problem, I wish I could've known better before I bought that motherboard, it was a very expensive investment (For me in my country).

Not sure if you have the same rules RE returning components, but if you can somehow re-seal the motherboard in it's anti-static bag then you could look at returning that also :) Worth a try if nothing else!

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Just now, Rhyss said:

Not sure if you have the same rules RE returning components, but if you can somehow re-seal the motherboard in it's anti-static bag then you could look at returning that also :) Worth a try if nothing else!

I'll definitely take a look into that, I think I'll try to sell the motherboard here since it's working good as far as I know, the bigger problem is my CPU since it's indeed defective. Thanks for the tip though. :)

1 minute ago, EvilTomato said:

I'll definitely take a look into that, I think I'll try to sell the motherboard here since it's working good as far as I know, the bigger problem is my CPU since it's indeed defective. Thanks for the tip though. :)

If it's defective you should have no problem getting a replacement for it, wither call the vendor or manufacturer directly :)

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Just now, Rhyss said:

If it's defective you should have no problem getting a replacement for it, wither call the vendor or manufacturer directly :)

Well, getting more into more details than needed, my problem might be returning the CPU, living in Venezuela is a struggle sometimes. I'm sure I can return it but the problem I'll stay CPU less during some time and I need to work, I'll make my way around it probably.

3 hours ago, EvilTomato said:

Well, getting more into more details than needed, my problem might be returning the CPU, living in Venezuela is a struggle sometimes. I'm sure I can return it but the problem I'll stay CPU less during some time and I need to work, I'll make my way around it probably.

Hi if its more unstable in blend then the other test that actually sounds like an issue with the IMC or memory it is possible that the memory controller in your chip is bad but i thought we ran HCI memtest? 

If you could try re-running this open the program 8 times for each thread your CPU has and set each one to 850mb 

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Let it run to its at 1000% coverage it should take 4-6 hours to its finish if any errors show your ram could be bad not your CPU if you already ran it like this the first time you don't have to do it again but its important. 

I still think its the CPU that is bad however. Very rare thing to have the CPU be bad which is why i'd test the memory i'll show a picture of what your settings should look like in HCI MEMTEST down below

https://postimg.org/image/5w8h9dyud/

If that passes to 1000% then its for sure the CPU.