Extremely rare PC issue with games

5 minutes ago, jdwii said:

hey now lol

To be honest, I'm not actually joking. I've used AMD systems my entire life, I feel so old now.

And their platform has the most bizarre and unfixable issues ever.

Just now, jdwii said:

I'd give Amd a call as soon as possible and tell them the issue. How long have you owned this setup? 

If it was me i'd order a new 1400 and get a refund through amazon after for the older one. You can always call amazon too if you owned it for 30 days or less

I'd been struggling with this set up since june, Liberty Express usually takes about 2-3 weeks for something to arrive to Venezuela, and in all this time I've been working on all these fixes listed on the original post. 

2 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

To be honest, I'm not actually joking. I've used AMD systems my entire life, I feel so old now.

And their platform has the most bizarre and unfixable issues ever.

List of Amd CPU's that i owned 

Athlon II x4 620

Phenom II x6 1100T

8350fx

Ryzen 1700

Never had stability issues ever same with my 4790K machine. But i had issues with memory on my Asus m4a785-m board however haha when pared with Athlon II x4. 

Things happen on all platforms basically stuff happens it sucks and i had issues with hardware before just not with CPUs themselves. 

I can name 2 powercolor 4830's that give me issues on my friends build one of them worked perfect for games it would game all day but when you click on a picture it will crash lol

Second one was the opposite it would do 2D stuff fine play a game crash had to down clock the GPU to 350mhz or something for it to be stable. Newegg had them go for 60$ and refurbished.  

Thinking about that EvilTomato you could always do that try and set your CPU to a fixed speed in the bios like 3ghz and see if that helps a little. 

Just now, jdwii said:

List of Amd CPU's that i owned 

Athlon II x4 620

Phenom II x6 1100T

8350fx

Ryzen 1700

Never had stability issues ever same with my 4790K machine. But i had issues with memory on my Asus m4a785-m board however haha when pared with Athlon II x4. 

Things happen on all platforms basically stuff happens it sucks and i had issues with hardware before just not with CPUs themselves. 

I can name 2 powercolor 4830's that give me issues on my friends build one of them worked perfect for games it would game all day but when you click on a picture it will crash lol

Second one was the opposite it would do 2D stuff fine play a game crash had to down clock the GPU to 350mhz or something for it to be stable. Newegg had them go for 60$ and refurbished.  

Thinking about that EvilTomato you could always do that try and set your CPU to a fixed speed in the bios like 3ghz and see if that helps a little. 

I underclocked the processor to 2ghz and it would still cause issues.

But it definitely made some games last more seconds.

Edited by EvilTomato

7 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Thank you for truly making me feel old now. :(

I like your name

And.. you're not old... you just have seen more AMDs than the average person on earth!

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

@jdwii Well so after flashing the BIOS I opened Shadow of Mordor and ran benchmark mode, it worked like a charm twice, high-ultra settings on 65 fps average, I was already thinking to myself, maybe flashing the BIOS indeed made stable the voltage? Maybe it will crash in a few minutes, opened story mode and it indeed crashed in about 3-4 minutes in, longest it has ever worked lol, opened Half Life 1 and crashed just as I clicked start "Well, this was expected anyway" haha.

3 hours ago, EvilTomato said:

@jdwii Well so after flashing the BIOS I opened Shadow of Mordor and ran benchmark mode, it worked like a charm twice, high-ultra settings on 65 fps average, I was already thinking to myself, maybe flashing the BIOS indeed made stable the voltage? Maybe it will crash in a few minutes, opened story mode and it indeed crashed in about 3-4 minutes in, longest it has ever worked lol, opened Half Life 1 and crashed just as I clicked start "Well, this was expected anyway" haha.

Man that makes me more sad then you think haha you had me going for a sentence or two then my face slowly turned into disappointment.

Hell at this point i say buy another 1400 send the old one to Amd and then return the new 1400 for a refund. 

That should give you the best option i'm sure amazon will let a return in 30 days and i know Amd will have the replacement by then 

A small part of me was hesitant in even having you update the bios as i thought that maybe it wouldn't even make it due to the CPU being so unstable 

@jdwii That's sadly exactly what I'll have to do, get a new CPU and when it gets here I'll send the defective one back, I'll definitely have to give Amazon a long talk about it lol, do you use Steam? If we share a game I'd like to play with you sometime, I just don't know how to repay you this help.

You don't have to repay me i was glad to help, i rarely ever play multiplayer games but i will PM you my name on steam, about the only game i play online is age of empires 2 haha

Just now, jdwii said:

You don't have to repay me i was glad to help, i rarely ever play multiplayer games but i will PM you my name on steam, about the only game i play online is age of empires 2 haha

No worries hahaha

Just saw your guys discussion here, though i havnt solved my issue yet either.

I actually bought the exact same components and returned the old parts. Motherboard and CPU and i still have the same issues.

I hardly doubt i could have got 2 different cpus and mobos with the same kind of issues.

Its so annoying i have to smash it with a hammer soon.... lol

Just now, Isaentae said:

Just saw your guys discussion here, though i havnt solved my issue yet either.

I actually bought the exact same components and returned the old parts. Motherboard and CPU and i still have the same issues.

I hardly doubt i could have got 2 different cpus and mobos with the same kind of issues.

Its so annoying i have to smash it with a hammer soon.... lol

Did you test another brand of RAM sticks?

@jdwii I'm starting to think this might be actually some sort of RAM - CPU compatibiltiy issue, as Isaentae actually has the same brand of RAM as me.

It would be very weird as in your case the ram was stable under testing but it failed in 5min in prime blend. Hey it's always possible you could try buying a new set of memory but if you are running at 2133mhz is should really work regardless if its on the boards QVL list 

Either of you guys try setting all timings manually into the bios? What is the exact model of memory that you have? 

Just now, jdwii said:

It would be very weird as in your case the ram was stable under testing but it failed in 5min in prime blend. Hey it's always possible you could try buying a new set of memory but if you are running at 2133mhz is should really work regardless if its on the boards QVL list 

Either of you guys try setting all timings manually into the bios? What is the exact model of memory that you have? 

8GBx1 Corsair Vengeance
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UVN2C8O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This one

Ryzen is somewhat picky about timings and i and many others have notice that ryzen likes even timings like 14-14-14-34 or in my case 16-16-16-36

The memory that you own has timings of  14-16-16-31, see that seems to low of a timing for ryzen that last part. 

If you try and tweak your timings that might help things out do either of you guys have issues with cold boots? 

I would like to see both of these in a screen shot from you guys so we can manually enter in timings 

what_i_like_to_see.png

Just now, jdwii said:

I would like to see both of these in a screen shot from you guys so we can manually enter in timings 

what_i_like_to_see.png

On my way

Here you go

Done.png

Edited by EvilTomato
Forgot to tag someone

Your memory is rated for up to 2666mhz and at 1.35V 

Lets just increase the voltage of the ram have you tried that? Increase it to 1.35V as it can handle it actually it can handle even a bit more then that but lets try 1.35V. 

Be nice to set SOC to a solid 1.2V but i don't think your board will let you. 

aaa.png 

Seems like someone else has the same issue and it even passes in HCI memtest

http://valid.x86.fr/w73cd1

Someone running ryzen with that memory and they have it set to 1 on the command rate so that might work too instead of setting it to 2T. 

If you could return the memory i'd do that too and get a stick that is faster 2800+ at least. I just saw some on newegg for about the same cost as the slower kits. All ram is too expensive   

Just now, jdwii said:

Your memory is rated for up to 2666mhz and at 1.35V 

Lets just increase the voltage of the ram have you tried that? Increase it to 1.35V as it can handle it actually it can handle even a bit more then that but lets try 1.35V. 

Be nice to set SOC to a solid 1.2V but i don't think your board will let you.

I haven't tried the voltage ram, I'll mess with that soon. Really hope it's my ram, I was about to go in debt with my partner to get money for the processor lol.

Edited by EvilTomato