Extremely rare PC issue with games

Ryzen 5 1400 3.2Ghz
EVGA GTX 1050 ti SC
8GBx1 Corsair Vengeance
120GB SSD
B350 PCMATE MOBO (As a fix I tried changing to a new one) -> GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming MOBO
PSU Cooler Master Elite v2 550w

Hello, I've been trying to fix this problem for quite a while, after building this PC I started to have very problematic issues specifically when playing games, it seems that when the GPU has to render visuals it starts to fail, causing one of the following:

- Freezes: the screen either blacks out or freezes, with some games, it fixes itself by re-rendering absolutely everything on screen again, with other games, I have to minimize the game then maximize so it can re-render the visuals again. (This happens with PayDay 2, Killing Floor, Terraria, Thumper, etc)

- Crashes: games completely crash, sometimes it takes longer to crash (1-2 min), sometimes it does just as the game loads (DotA 2, DOOM, Half Life 1, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Shadow Warrior (Sometimes runs fine, but absolutely random), Metro 2033 Redux, Strider)

In most of the freeze scenarios one of these messages appear "Nvidia Display driver stopped working and has recovered" or "-Appnames- access to graphic hardware was blocked" as a pop up window.

Software checks I did:

- Installing latest drivers.
- MemTest86 to check the RAM memory.
- FurMak to stress test the GPU (Crashes after some time).
- HeavyLoad to stress test the CPU/GPU (CPU tests worked fine, GPU tests would suddenly stop showing display)
- CrystalDisk to check the SSD and HDD I use.
- Checked all temperatures and they were fine.
- Voltage values in the PSU were fine.
- Updated the BIOS to the latest version. (B350 PCMATE)
- Disabling PCI Express energy optimization.
- Setting Max performance on NVidia power management panel.
- Disabling VSync on NVidia graphics panel.
- Creating a TdrDelay value on Regedit.
- DDU then a clean reinstall of the latest drivers.
- DDU then a install of an old driver.
- Changing from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 (I already went back to Win 10 with a fresh reinstallation).
- Reducing memory usage through Msiafterburner.

Hardware checks I did:
- Swapping PCI ports to see if the PCI port was faulty. (B350 PCMATE)
- Swapping RAM stick to another slot to check if it was faulty. (B350 PCMATE)
- Using 2 different GPU's to check for any differences in my machine. (B350 PCMATE)
- Using a different PSU. (B350 PCMATE)
- Using a different motherboard. (GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming)

I'm very stressed since I still can't understand the situation and I don't know what to do. After all these fixes all I did was making some games more stable but the issues still keep going.

GPU is unstable, RMA 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

GPU is unstable, RMA 

But what about the fact that others GPU also show issues on my machine?

Just now, EvilTomato said:

But what about the fact that others GPU also show issues on my machine?

i didnt get this part of the post

7 minutes ago, EvilTomato said:

Hardware checks I did:
- Using 2 different GPU's to check for any differences in my machine. (B350 PCMATE)

thought it meant that you tried another GPU and no problem 

try fresh install of windows 10 with only another GPU installed and see if that solves it

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I already did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10, and I did a DDU then used another GPU, DDU should clear all visual drivers from my machine so it shouldn't matter. Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly.

54 minutes ago, EvilTomato said:

Ryzen 5 1400 3.2Ghz
EVGA GTX 1050 ti SC
8GBx1 Corsair Vengeance
120GB SSD
B350 PCMATE MOBO (As a fix I tried changing to a new one) -> GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming MOBO
PSU Cooler Master Elite v2 550w

Hello, I've been trying to fix this problem for quite a while, after building this PC I started to have very problematic issues specifically when playing games, it seems that when the GPU has to render visuals it starts to fail, causing one of the following:

- Freezes: the screen either blacks out or freezes, with some games, it fixes itself by re-rendering absolutely everything on screen again, with other games, I have to minimize the game then maximize so it can re-render the visuals again. (This happens with PayDay 2, Killing Floor, Terraria, Thumper, etc)

- Crashes: games completely crash, sometimes it takes longer to crash (1-2 min), sometimes it does just as the game loads (DotA 2, DOOM, Half Life 1, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Shadow Warrior (Sometimes runs fine, but absolutely random), Metro 2033 Redux, Strider)

In most of the freeze scenarios one of these messages appear "Nvidia Display driver stopped working and has recovered" or "-Appnames- access to graphic hardware was blocked" as a pop up window.

Software checks I did:

- Installing latest drivers.
- MemTest86 to check the RAM memory.
- FurMak to stress test the GPU (Crashes after some time).
- HeavyLoad to stress test the CPU/GPU (CPU tests worked fine, GPU tests would suddenly stop showing display)
- CrystalDisk to check the SSD and HDD I use.
- Checked all temperatures and they were fine.
- Voltage values in the PSU were fine.
- Updated the BIOS to the latest version. (B350 PCMATE)
- Disabling PCI Express energy optimization.
- Setting Max performance on NVidia power management panel.
- Disabling VSync on NVidia graphics panel.
- Creating a TdrDelay value on Regedit.
- DDU then a clean reinstall of the latest drivers.
- DDU then a install of an old driver.
- Changing from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 (I already went back to Win 10 with a fresh reinstallation).
- Reducing memory usage through Msiafterburner.

Hardware checks I did:

I'm very stressed since I still can't understand the situation and I don't know what to do. After all these fixes all I did was making some games more stable but the issues still keep going.

When you installed Windows 10 are you using the latest ISO?

Just now, jdwii said:

Make sure during the install you are on Windows 10 Creators Update you can get it here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Also you do have your chipset drivers installed right?

I installed Windows 10 pro with the latest version using the MediaCreationTool and I did install the chipset drivers from the disc that came with the motherboard. 

Check for stability at stock make sure you get to 1000% coverage on HCI memtest you can run 8 instances at once set each one to 768mb and let it run it should take 4-6 hours. 

Several times my memory will run at 3200mhz and pass to around 750% coverage meaning you really want to make sure your ram is stable. 

I can help through other tests as well but first i want to make sure you do these steps first. 

Just now, EvilTomato said:

I installed Windows 10 pro with the latest version using the MediaCreationTool and I did install the chipset drivers from the disc that came with the motherboard. 

I would recommend going here to get the chipset drivers the very first thing you need to do is ignore the CD when you get a new PC setup as all the chipset drivers and what not are old and basically i would call it beta versions. 

Just now, jdwii said:

I would recommend going here to get the chipset drivers the very first thing you need to do is ignore the CD when you get a new PC setup as all the chipset drivers and what not are old and basically i would call it beta versions. 

I will do all of these steps and I will head back here when I'm done, thanks so much for the help.

Just now, jdwii said:

I installed the chipset drivers and let the 8 instances run for about 5 hours, reached 1400% and gave no errors.

Are issues still happening your memory is fine based off of that test. 

Just now, jdwii said:

Are issues still happening your memory is fine based off of that test. 

Yes, I still keep getting issues with most games.

Have you tried the 1050Ti in another PC? My guess is since that card pulls all the power from the PCI-E slot the board simply can't power it as something is faulty with it. 

You also said you tried 2 different power supplys? 

Yes I did try another power supply that supposedly had no issues with the same card with another friend's rig, also I tested 2 different lower end gpus on my rig and it still got issues.

You said you tried changing to a new board the gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming MOBO and you still had issues? 

This may sound silly but perhaps try another HDMI cord and another monitor 

For example i have 2 monitors and with a bad HDMI cord my second monitor will keep disconnecting even more so when i start to game on the other monitor getting a new HDMI cord(the one i got with my switch) fixed the issues. 

Will do that in a few hours, is there anywhere else I can hook you up or you'll be pretty active here? i really need help man

I will stay here and help you even if i go away for a few hours i always come back here

I don't have another cord but I could try with an old vga monitor with a VGA-hdmi adapter, although I don't remember well if I still had issues with that, because it's what I first used before I got a monitor I ordered.

That should work

Any chance you are getting dirty power from your wall? Do you have a UPS that you can run the power through to clean it up? Do you have a meter you can use to monitor your wall power stability and voltage? Is the little switch on your PSU set to the correct voltage input (115-120V for US 230-240V for most other places).

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.