Extremely rare PC issue with games

Just now, EvilTomato said:

On vcore?

yup

You might even feel a bit more comfortable using ryzen master instead to do this and i have experience with that i do not have any experience with Gigabyte or overclocking using an offset only unless a gigabyte user can come in and tell me i'm wrong perhaps i'm just not seeing it. 

Just now, jdwii said:

You might even feel a bit more comfortable using ryzen master instead to do this and i have experience with that i do not have any experience with Gigabyte or overclocking using an offset only unless a gigabyte user can come in and tell me i'm wrong perhaps i'm just not seeing it. 

I'll use Ryzen Master then, I'll download it right now.

Just now, jdwii said:

So it seems Ryzen Master is crashing constantly, I think I'll have to lead up with the bios settings, this might be related to my cpu issues.

So does your bios look like the picture i posted earlier or this one

Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Review Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Review - Overclocking and EFI

Just now, jdwii said:

So does your bios look like the picture i posted earlier or this one

Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Review Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Review - Overclocking and EFI

It looks like that but I only got CPU Vcore, VCORE SOC and DRAM Voltage settings. The previous picture didn't seem to upload correctly.

You said you have this updated to the latest bios? It should be version F8 and it was released this month on the 18th

Just want to make sure you are on F8 

Just now, jdwii said:

You said you have this updated to the latest bios? It should be version F8 and it was released this month on the 18th

I didn't update the BIOS, I updated it for the previous motherboard. I set the voltages but I'm still getting issues with Half Life 1, Shadow of Mordor and Shadow Warrior.

You should probably update to the latest bios also Amd will probably ask you to do that before they will except a return anyways. 

Also before updating the bios reset everything back to default 

Just now, jdwii said:

You should probably update to the latest bios also Amd will probably ask you to do that before they will except a return anyways. 

Also before updating the bios reset everything back to default 

On my way.

Just now, jdwii said:

Just to make clear shouldn't the latest BIOS be F6? http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-rev-10#support-dl Not sure if I'm in the right website.

Actually yes for some reason i thought you had the gaming 3 board 

Just now, jdwii said:

Actually yes for some reason i thought you had the gaming 3 board 

No problem, although I sadly have an issue, I don't have a pendrive with me right now, so I'll have to flash it tomorrow. Everything is loaded to optimized defaults right now.

Ok i'll try and research the issue a bit more. 

Just now, jdwii said:

Ok i'll try and research the issue a bit more. 

Thanks so much for your time

Someone else at even here had issues like this

Can you show me event viewer and the type of errors that you see? 

Just now, jdwii said:

Can you show me event viewer and the type of errors that you see? 

"Application access to graphics hardware was blocked:

Access to the application sw.x64.ex was blocked"

Just now, jdwii said:

Someone else at even here had issues like this

Pretty interesting

Done.png

It's also pretty common for Opera's screen to suddenly go black then recover.

Most games just crash, nothing else, and some games that work have constant screen stutters. The ones that work perfectly are just some 2D basic games.

Edited by EvilTomato

Windows will block a program from using the GPU if it detects an issue with the hardware. That's what's happening Windows 10 is trying to save itself from crashing completely.

Amd will probably tell you what is wrong with the CPU itself and they will probably say its the integrated PCI-E controller. 

What country are you in again? Also what retailer did you buy the part from? 

1 minute ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

It's an AMD system, it's to be expected.

hey now lol

Just now, jdwii said:

Windows will block a program from using the GPU if it detects an issue with the hardware. That's what's happening Windows 10 is trying to save itself from crashing completely.

Amd will probably tell you what is wrong with the CPU itself and they will probably say its the integrated PCI-E controller. 

What country are you in again? Also what retailer did you buy the part from? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDNB3G4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it through Amazon and delivered it to Venezuela using a courier called Liberty Express, sadly Liberty Express doesn't send stuff back to USA, but there are other couriers that could allow me to do that. My plan was to talk to AMD about a refund, explain them my situation, buy a new processor, and when it comes back send the faulty one back to USA, I have no one here with another AM4 processor so if I send this one back I'd have to either rebuild my very old PC or stay PC less for about a month.

I'd give Amd a call as soon as possible and tell them the issue. How long have you owned this setup? 

If it was me i'd order a new 1400 and get a refund through amazon after for the older one. You can always call amazon too if you owned it for 30 days or less