GTX 1080 Ti Zotac/evga/Gigabyte

Just now, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

So the "Added" features don't really matter, So long if it's 100% cooled it should be able to clock 2010+ like these fancy air-cooled gpu's? Kinda a scammish marketing. 
Like the Ichill X4 has this "Bandwidth: 484.4 GB/s 494.2 GB/s"
As a market feature which makes me bother to consider it over the Gigabyte,  But if a Water cooled one which normally runs cooler is the same as all these cards, It would be indeed better. 

Pretty much, the only air cooled cards I would consider are the kingpin, lighting Z or GALAX HOF. (I would actually just buy the cheapest gpu + WB combo available)

But I would immediately watercool these cards so yeah, hybrid is the way to go.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

57 minutes ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

That's a 120 shy of the air cooled one stated above,
Boost: 1746 MHz / Base: 1632 MHz in OC mode Boost: 1721 MHz / Base: 1607 MHz in Gaming mode (Reference Card Boost: 1582 MHz / Base: 1480 MHz)

---

And whats you guy's opinion on > https://www.dateks.lv/en/cenas/videokartes/147899_inno3d_geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-gddr5x-ichill-x4-ultra
(Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 11GB, GDDR5X, iChill X4 Ultra) god what a long name,
It has a bigger Memory bandwidth, Same overclock stats as  GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition 11GB  but more memory to go with and an extra fan on the sides for SLI configs..

If there's nothing negative and the stats line up I will probably be going with this, It's either this or the Gigbyte. 

Stock clocks on Pascal means nothing. Pascal scales based on thermals. The cooler your card runs, the higher it boosts, and the easier it maintains the boost over long duration's. Getting a card with an AIO built in is ideal. Here are some options:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TAORUSX-W-11GD#kf

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6698-KR

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-gfx-gtx-1080-ti-liquid-cooled-graphics-card

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-SEA-HAWK-X.html#hero-overview (technically the same GPU as the corsair one)

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6598-KR

All of these are going to be just fine for thermals. Alternatively, if you need to save money, buy a card with a reference PCB (Founders edition cards for example) and upgrade using AIO kits:

https://www.nzxt.com/product-overview/kraken-g12

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-5598-B1

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/-neue-produkte-/21866/alphacool-eiswolf-120-gpx-pro-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-pascal-/-1080-ti-m02-black?c=21224

EK will also be releasing a GPU AIO solution as well.

I personally recommend EVGA as a brand, as their customer support is legendary, and their warranties are solid. They do not void warranty on paste swaps, and they are completely fine with you removing your cooler and even using other cooling solutions, as long as you don't physically damage the card while doing so. Hard to find other brands that do this. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

11 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Owh wow, Thanks, this is what I was kinda looking for, One question I see cards market themselves with 2 times 8 pin connectors, Is that a marketing stunt or does it have any influence on the stability of performance? Because the GTX 1080 has a power limit as stated by people in here, etc kinda messy and confusing but does it add any value to the card?

But thanks for your information, I'll look up the reviews for AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition 11G  And the  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID GAMING, 11G-P4-6698-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, HYBRID & RGB LED, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors 
And see which has better thermals and so on, 

7 hours ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

Owh wow, Thanks, this is what I was kinda looking for, One question I see cards market themselves with 2 times 8 pin connectors, Is that a marketing stunt or does it have any influence on the stability of performance? Because the GTX 1080 has a power limit as stated by people in here, etc kinda messy and confusing but does it add any value to the card?

But thanks for your information, I'll look up the reviews for AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition 11G  And the  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID GAMING, 11G-P4-6698-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, HYBRID & RGB LED, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors 
And see which has better thermals and so on, 

Honestly, Pascal is not limited by power limits. It's mostly limited by a very strict voltage limit, and thermals. You cannot get around this voltage issue through any BIOS, and it's stock power limits is fine. An 8+6 connector will be just as good as an 8+8 in that regard. The only advantage 8+8 has, is cooler cables and PCIe ports (which is overkill, as a 1080 Ti won't be stressing an 8+6, let alone an 8+8). 

A higher power limit might help stabilize a clock (keep it from jumping around a ton) when running a high memory overclock simultaneously, it won't really grant additional clocks out of thin air on Pascal.

As for reviews, you are going to have a difficult time finding reviews for the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid. It just launched less than a month ago, and is only sold in a few stores here in the US. Good news is, mine arrives today, so I can review it for you if you'd like. Either way, I wouldn't expect it to perform any different from the other Hybrid AIO cards. If anything, it's slightly bigger size might allow for a quieter fan for the VRM. 

18 minutes ago, MageTank said:

(Snip)

As for reviews, you are going to have a difficult time finding reviews for the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid. It just launched less than a month ago, and is only sold in a few stores here in the US. Good news is, mine arrives today, so I can review it for you if you'd like. Either way, I wouldn't expect it to perform any different from the other Hybrid AIO cards. If anything, it's slightly bigger size might allow for a quieter fan for the VRM. 

I've been using my EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid for about a month now, and I am completely satisfied with it! The performance is amazing (boosts to about ~2025MHz on the core stable and never hits about ~55C (I have a fairly aggressive fan curve). The card is very quiet, and plus looks really nice. I had been using a FE 1080Ti for a while before this and it's absolutely amazing switching to the Hybrid. So Op, if you have the money go for the FTW3 Hybrid, if not, the SC2 Hyrbid is great too!

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

Just now, KSP said:

I've been using my EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid for about a month now, and I am completely satisfied with it! The performance is amazing (boosts to about ~2025MHz on the core stable and never hits about ~55C (I have a fairly aggressive fan curve). The card is very quiet, and plus looks really nice. I had been using a FE 1080Ti for a while before this and it's absolutely amazing switching to the Hybrid. So Op, if you have the money go for the FTW3 Hybrid, if not, the SC2 Hyrbid is great too!

Yeah, I did see EVGA's forum users using it as well and sung high praise of it. My only concern is whether or not I can mount it in the front of my case alongside my 280mm rad. I also plan on doing some tweaks to get the card to run even cooler in my quest for 2100mhz. Might even put CLU on it after I pickup some more kapton tape. 

10 hours ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

So the "Added" features don't really matter, So long if it's 100% cooled it should be able to clock 2010+ like these fancy air-cooled gpu's? Kinda a scammish marketing. 
As a market feature which makes me bother to consider it over the Gigabyte,  But if a Water cooled one which normally runs cooler and is the same as all these cards, It would be indeed better, But I hesitate because I almost see no solid overclock reviews of it, And it has a 8 pin and a 6 pin power ports, Over the 2 times 8 pins as the others, So I kinda feel like they are lying somewhere. 

Before I purchased the zotac I did a LOT of researching into all the 1080tis. I didn't want to go liquid cooling because of leakage problems in the past.

I had also read about loud buzzing pump noises on the evga forums, on the 1080ti SC2 hybrid.

I have also tried 2 different EVGA 1080ti SC2s (air cooled), out of the box one boosted to 1912mhz, the other to 1936mhz, temps where around 66/70 degrees. I have also tried the zotac 1080ti amp (non extreme), stock max boost was 1949mhz and temps where between 67/75 degrees. The gigabyte aorus xtreme I tried wasn't even stable at its stock boost and had coil whine. So I contacted zotac and asked about the amp extreme. I was told the amp extreme card (not the core version) was pre binned and should boost well above 2000mhz.

In the end I decided on actual gaming performance videos with various 1080tis on youtube with on screen information, I have posted many with MSI afterburner OSD if you wanna check out the performance of a zotac amp extreme OR the amp non extreme.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, themctipers said:

The bios options are probably bullshit, you cannot flash the BIOS on any pascal GPU currently as Nvidia has locked it and encrypted it. Probably is default, overclocked, and a overclocking BIOS (with all 3, you should be able to hit the same amount of overclock)

Don't touch the Zotac one if it has heating issues on the VRMs (power module chips) 

>BIOS options are bullshit

>K|NGP|N

http://forum.kingpincooling.com/showthread.php?t=3972

|                        |Normal BIOS       | OC BIOS        | LN2 BIOS                  | 
|BIOS mode LED indicator |  Green           | Orange         | Red                       |
|GPU Clocks/Boost/Memory |  1582/1695/11008 | Same as Normal | Same as Normal            |
|BIOS Version            | 86.02.39.40.90   | 86.02.39.41.90 | 86.02.39.41.90            |
|Fan profile             |  0% - 55%        |  8% - 55%      |  8% - 55%                 |
|Fan stop at idle        |  Yes             |  No            | No                        |
|Total Power Limit       |  300W            |   300W         |     300W                  |
|Max TGP Limit           |  120%            |   130%         |     130%                  |
|Protection function     | Full protection  | Full protection| No temperature protection |

Not surprised that the Zotac cards are exploding though. Piles of trash.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Not surprised that the Zotac cards are exploding though. Piles of trash.

Wow exploding. Mine hasn't exploded yet after months of use  xD, and overclocks to 2100mhz on air, not bad for a pile of trash. :D

As I remember the only GPU VRM I have ever heard of, actually combust, was a "Pile of trash" EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

2 hours ago, MageTank said:

Thank you for your time and help, I looked into the benchmarks and stuff and found out that the Gigabyte runs cooler than the evga because it uses a Coolermaster setup the "water pipes" do have a chance of breaking if you bent them to much, But it's just installing and leave it there so I don't think I'll be bending it, and it also cools the vram  with the water block, It doesn't have an extra fan on it, It also has fewer drops when overclocking then the evga one, And it uses a two-time 8 pin connector.  
It seems better in the reviews, But I haven't seen one reach the 2000's yet, I seen 1900 1700 for that setup weird enough..

24 minutes ago, EazyRyder said:

I really wanted the Zotac Extreme, But the GPU cooling is.. Uhm, Not that good as stated early it has issues with cooling the vram, And it's a big big card, If I would go with fan cooling it would be the ichili since they provide a bigger memory bandwidth, But if you could provide me with the videos of your Zotac Extreme overclocking with stable temps I would reconsider maybe, I am getting an Ex-Full tower with 15 fan support so, Cooling isn't really a problem,
But I am going to SLI the cards though and what Mr MageTank says makes sense having two cards above each other one blowing warm air in the other... Can cause issues. 

9 minutes ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

Thank you for your time and help, I looked into the benchmarks and stuff and found out that the Gigabyte runs cooler than the evga because it uses a Coolermaster setup the "water pipes" do have a chance of breaking if you bent them to much, But it's just installing and leave it there so I don't think I'll be bending it, and it also cools the vram  with the water block, It doesn't have an extra fan on it, It also has fewer drops when overclocking then the evga one, And it uses a two-time 8 pin connector.  
It seems better in the reviews, But I haven't seen one reach the 2000's yet, I seen 1900 1700 for that setup weird enough..

I really wanted the Zotac Extreme, But the GPU cooling is.. Uhm, Not that good as stated early it has issues with cooling the vram, And it's a big big card, If I would go with fan cooling it would be the ichili since they provide a bigger memory bandwidth, But if you could provide me with the videos of your Zotac Extreme overclocking with stable temps I would reconsider maybe, I am getting an Ex-Full tower with 15 fan support so, Cooling isn't really a problem,
But I am going to SLI the cards though and what Mr MageTank says makes sense having two cards above each other one blowing warm air in the other... Can cause issues. 

The EVGA card uses a copper cold plate for not just the GPU core, but also for the VRAM as well. That's why the EVGA card runs hotter, it's cooling more components. Either way, you can't really go wrong as long as you use an AIO and keep your GPU cool. All of those aforementioned options are fine. 

19 minutes ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

If you are going SLI then you might be better going FE blower style possibly watercooled, but in my opinion SLI with 1080tis is a waste of time, performance wise (I had tried with the 2 evga sc2s)

Check out videos on youtube with SLI 1080tis vs a single card.

With a good full tower with 15 fans running, you wont have heating issues with a zotac amp extreme or with 2 SLIed FE 1080tis (air cooled), I use a phanteks enthoo primo with 8 140mm fans.

Here is one of my videos with the zotac amp extreme OCed to 2100mhz

8 minutes ago, MageTank said:

The EVGA card uses a copper cold plate for not just the GPU core, but also for the VRAM as well. That's why the EVGA card runs hotter, it's cooling more components. Either way, you can't really go wrong as long as you use an AIO and keep your GPU cool. All of those aforementioned options are fine. 

The Evga and Gigabyte use the semi-same cooling plates, 
20.png 

But benchmarks shown it was cooler, They said it might be because of the cooler master setup. 

14 minutes ago, EazyRyder said:

I Seen that channel! So it's you, You made me want to pick up that card, it is a steady 44'C,
Like your youtube videos are the reason why I wanted it when regardless of Vram issues, But further I looked into it.. Just I dunno, But yea your videos showed it's not having any heating issues, 
Anyways, I've my reasons why I want the SLI setup, I've seen the reports and news about SLI just not worth the 10 or 30+ fps increase,

But yeah from your videos I would love to do an SLI with that card, But like mentioned in the posts, One card is going to be blowing heat on the other, I wish they took that card and put a water cooler on it, 2000 mhz gaming clock is a great selling point.

2 hours ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

I Seen that channel! So it's you, You made me want to pick up that card, it is a steady 44'C,
Like your youtube videos are the reason why I wanted it when regardless of Vram issues, But further I looked into it.. Just I dunno, But yea your videos showed it's not having any heating issues, 
Anyways, I've my reasons why I want the SLI setup, I've seen the reports and news about SLI just not worth the 10 or 30+ fps increase,

But yeah from your videos I would love to do an SLI with that card, But like mentioned in the posts, One card is going to be blowing heat on the other, I wish they took that card and put a water cooler on it, 2000 mhz gaming clock is a great selling point.

Yes its me 9_9

If the VRM (not the VRAM) was running too hot, which would have to be over 125 degrees and the vrm temp doesn't go near that.

And my zotac wouldn't be comfortably overclocking to 2100mhz

"VRMs can take a lot of heat – easily 125C, in most cases – and don’t really need special attention. It’s not a bad thing and helps with efficiency, but also not necessary". This is a quoted statement from GAMERSNEXUS on the STRIX OC 1080TI regarding VRM temps, here is the link = http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2905-asus-1080-ti-rog-strix-review-vs-ftw3-gaming-x

If you really want to go SLI save yourself a lot of money and time and buy 2 of the cheapest FE edition 1080TI cards and run those 15 case fans

Keep in mind that the PCB used might affect performance, so you can't just judge the card's performance by looking at the clock speeds.

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Just now, Jonas_2909 said:

Keep in mind that the PCB used might affect performance, so you can't just judge the card's performance by looking at the clock speeds.

Are you talking about the GPU's circuit board or the motherboard circuit board?
I am not cutting costs on the motherboard if you mean that,

2 hours ago, Jonas_2909 said:

If a GPUs PCB affected performance, why couldn't you judge that GPU by looking at its clock speed performance?

Are you referring to NVidias GP102 chip and the silicon lottery?

@EazyRyder Yes, I am kind of referring to the silicon lottery. That is another factor. 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

4 hours ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

Are you talking about the GPU's circuit board or the motherboard circuit board?
I am not cutting costs on the motherboard if you mean that,

1 hour ago, EazyRyder said:

If a GPUs PCB affected performance, why couldn't you judge that GPU by looking at its clock speed performance?

Are you referring to NVidias GP102 chip and the silicon lottery?

I am talking about the circuit board used for the grapchis card, if it's a bad one you might have less performance with a higher or equal clock speed. That is what I meant to say.

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

16 hours ago, (嗜杀本性)狼队 女 梅 said:

As a market feature which makes me bother to consider it over the Gigabyte,  But if a Water cooled one which normally runs cooler and is the same as all these cards, It would be indeed better, But I hesitate because I almost see no solid overclock reviews of it, And it has a 8 pin and a 6 pin power ports, Over the 2 times 8 pins as the others, So I kinda feel like they are lying somewhere. 

don't get brainwashed by the companies advertisement...

The Clocks that they advertise is meaningless, all GPU's got GPU BOOST 3.0 technology so they will all OC to the highest safe level. and its mostly all the same. If you get a better cooling card, or water cooled card, it will have more room for overclocking. thats it.

Just pick one that has good pricing, and a brand that you like, color that you like, get 2 or 3 fans ( avoid the founder editions ) and your fine.

All the factory OC clock speeds specs are bullshit

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

It could be helpful and informative if all the actual 1080ti owners where to post brand of 1080ti, the max out of the box core clock boost speed and stock memory speed and highest temps all in game. Just a suggestion 

I will start with my Zotac Amp Extreme 1080ti

Out of the box at stock settings IN GAME -

Stable core clock is 2012mhz at 1.050v  (will not go any lower than this speed in game)

Memory clock is 5599mhz (11.2Ghz effective)

Max core temp is 65 degrees at 99/100% load in game (40% fan speed)

7 hours ago, Jonas_2909 said:

I am talking about the circuit board used for the grapchis card, if it's a bad one you might have less performance with a higher or equal clock speed. That is what I meant to say.

That's true, That's why I was checking this community and multiple reviews and benchmarks.
The Ichili 4x Is the only one I can't find overclock benchmarks off not even the water cooled version and that card has the most interesting card since it has a bigger memory bandwidth over the other cards, Not higher memory clock a bigger bandwidth.

7 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Well from what I saw they seem to be almost always spot on the highest I seen is the GPU eazyryder is rocking, 
I kinda already made my choice on the gigabyte one with water cooling, if there are issues down the line I will definitely get Zotac Extreme, I am interested in the specs for the Ichili one just because of the bigger memory bandwidth but to little info about it. 

3 hours ago, EazyRyder said:

It could be helpful and informative if all the actual 1080ti owners where to post brand of 1080ti, the max out of the box core clock boost speed and stock memory speed and highest temps all in game. Just a suggestion 

I certainly agree I would love a location of all the "Custom" GPU's and their out of the box clock speeds and the overclocking specs, Such as heat memory hertz and stability. 

Just buy based on cooler design, the Asus Strix and Gigabyte Aorus are probably the best outside of watercooled ones. Any 1080Ti will do1950-2050Mhz (maybe a tiny bit more), the extra 3% of FPS you'll get by being at the top of that boundary isn't certainly isn't guaranteed just because you bought a better card, nor is it worth losing sleep over.

Also as stated earlier in the thread, the 'reference' clocks of the 1080Ti is meaningless. I've got the Aorus Extreme which is meant to clock at 1721Mhz, in reality it boosts itself to 1911Mhz on it's own, and if you set the voltage boost and power limiter to max, it clocks up to 1987Mhz, all without me touching the core clock slider. You also can't just look up what cards people seem to have good overclocking experiences with, because Pascal is weird and sometimes higher clocks yield lower FPS, something to do with it disabling cores to stay under a power limit. Realistically with Pascal you're more likely to end up undervolting so it can run quieter, mine will do 1936Mhz and +300 memory at 1.00v (I guess I got a crap card, some people can do much better). I'm happy to sacrifice the half a percent of FPS it costs me compared to the 2000Mhz it can run at with 1.093v, because it lets it run quite a bit quieter.

33 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Just buy based on cooler design, the Asus Strix and Gigabyte Aorus are probably the best outside of watercooled ones. Any 1080Ti will do1950-2050Mhz (maybe a tiny bit more), the extra 3% of FPS you'll get by being at the top of that boundary isn't certainly isn't guaranteed just because you bought a better card, nor is it worth losing sleep over.

Also as stated earlier in the thread, the 'reference' clocks of the 1080Ti is meaningless. I've got the Aorus Extreme which is meant to clock at 1721Mhz, in reality it boosts itself to 1911Mhz on it's own, and if you set the voltage boost and power limiter to max, it clocks up to 1987Mhz, all without me touching the core clock slider. You also can't just look up what cards people seem to have good overclocking experiences with, because Pascal is weird and sometimes higher clocks yield lower FPS, something to do with it disabling cores to stay under a power limit. Realistically with Pascal you're more likely to end up undervolting so it can run quieter, mine will do 1936Mhz and +300 memory at 1.00v (I guess I got a crap card, some people can do much better). I'm happy to sacrifice the half a percent of FPS it costs me compared to the 2000Mhz it can run at with 1.093v, because it lets it run quite a bit quieter.

Yes many 1080tis can go up to 2000mhz manually overclocked and tweaked (not sure many air cooled can stay at 2050mhz stable) but how many 1080tis can you purchase at a reasonable 1080ti price (unlike kingpin, hof ,and msi lightening and many of the hybrids) and watch it boost itself to well over 2000mhz stable in game, with a 11.2Ghz memory clock and temps in the mid 60s with 40% fan, and IMO a superior LED system, all stock settings from the box with a 5 year warranty.

And if you check youtube, as I have, all the zotac 1080ti amp extremes I have seen go well over 2000mhz in game at stock settings. The zotac amp extreme (not the core extreme) are the only regular priced 1080tis, I know of that are pre binned to achieve this unless you go kingpin or hof.

Why sacrifice anything?