Intel is quitting Trump Manufacturing Council

AlTech

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has announced that Intel will be leaving Trump's Manufacturing Council.

Intel's CEO has stated why Intel is quitting the council.

I resigned to call attention to the serious harm our divided political climate is causing to critical issues, including the serious need to address the decline of American manufacturing

(The highlight is mine, not Ars  Technica's)

Mr Krzanich seems to be indicating that it is difficult to work with Trump given the political climate in the United States. He also seems to suggest that addressing the decline of American manufacturing could be more feasible outside of the council.

This is what he had to say about being part of the Council:

Nearly every issue is now politicized to the point where significant progress is impossible

The current environment must change, or else our nation will become a shadow of what it once was and what it still can and should be

(Again, my highlight and not Ars Technica's)

The effect of Intel leaving the Manufacturing Council is currently unknown. It is worth pointing out that Intel isn't the first company to leave the Council. Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Disney CEO Robert Iger both quit when trump decided to leave the Paris Climate Change Accords. It is also worth pointing out that the CEO of Dell, Michael Dell, and IBM CEO Ginni Rometty are still on Trump's Council.

If more CEOs keep leaving this council, I think that Trump may end up disbanding the council. I'm not entirely sure of why the Council exists to be perfect honest. I do think that the Council could potentially do good if given the right atmosphere and environment. Unfortunately, I suspect that the council won't be terribly worthwhile in the long run.

Source:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/08/intel-ceo-brian-krzanich-quits-trump-manufacturing-council/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

China & NAFTA.  The Intel CEO could lie better, but that's asking a bit.

There's a reason Foxconn is looking to spend billions building out a manufacturing base in the States. The "America First" policies are pretty simple: most Trade Deals damage 80% of the US population so the Wall Street & C-Suite set can make more money.

I'd love to talk about Trade Policy, but since that's going to no where, the Mods should close this. It is inherently political because the CEOs are using a manufactured event to cover for the fact they're about to take it in the teeth. Heaven forfend! You might have to employee Americans to get access to the market.

Locked.

This has a heavy political side to it and most of the replies had to be removed because they were political and aggressive.

These types of discussions can only happen if everyone is respectful and follow the Community Standards, sadly it seems that won't happen today.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !