*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

There was no confirmed time of the deadline for this contest. The only thing that was mentioned was "Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st" so I assume that the contest time officially ends at 11:59 PM which is still considered the 21st. Also the thumbnail shows 1:01 but if you watch the video and look at the timeline, it says 1:00 please don't hold me on that!!

Thank you Linus and Asus for giving us all the chance to make a new PC. It was fun watching all the submitions as well as making one!!

#ROGRigReboot Entry

https://youtu.be/c4f55tMs1r8

Filmed with a c920 camera,

Parts used Athlon x2, ddr2 2gb, gtx 550ti, HDPVR2, c920, 6pin adapter.

various other equipment to get good film grade video, from my first ever true gaming machine back in 2006.

I currently still don't own a good gaming computer I run a laptop to a hdpvr that then sends the video to my old Athlon x2 machine that then gets the picture over HDMI with the program called Hauppauge capture.

I use three Asus 2ms gaming monitors to see everything going on at once, I then record gameplay on the Athlon x2 with obs because that's all it can do.

DSCN0031.thumb.JPG.2c0d91a99e3c3763d03fc0490528d05a.JPG

If I upgrade the cpu and ram to amd9590 and ddr3 as it has a newer upgrade path motherboard from 2014 because the original motherboard died in 2012, that's when I bought the gaming laptop..... so here were are 2017 still rocking the same setup to achieve good video quality.  

It might be late! But I doubt you're awake! So plz don't hate! It ain't no mistake! 'Cause it turned out Great!

...okay i'm done with the rhyme now, so here be'eth the link! #ROGRigReboot

Hey guys! This is my #RogRigReboot entry.

Sorry, but due to technical errors, there is no sound. Best of luck to everyone who entered. Really hope I win!

Please don't take any of the jokes here seriously

In all seriousness, I need a new gaming setup because simply my system is not cutting it. It will constantly overheat over simple tasks such as opening Steam, and many lower end titles cannot be run smoothy. I hope everyone the best of luck in the #ROGRigReboot challenge!

Specs:
A6-Quad Core Processor
6GB DDR3 RAM
640 GB HDD
Dedicated graphics 512MB VRAM

The laptop has some design issues where the computer will overheat easily under any small task. This does not help with the fact that it is using an older AMD chip. The computer could potentially make breakfast if you want.

5 hours ago, Arshon Bozorgi said:

I cant wait to see who wins

i can't wait to see the system specs

1 hour ago, MarcVez said:

i can't wait to see the system specs

Same.

I'm sorry Linus

#ROGRigReboot

Acer Aspire E1-572

Could not open to benchmark: Crysis 3, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Civ 5

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, ScrappyZeDog said:

Good god that is so much better than mine

20170819_145556.jpg

Yeah it is I might not win but I do enjoy seeing other entries and how they are made :3.

12 hours ago, r3zoar said:

Kinda late but still on time, so here it is;

Note in the video I said it runs around 100 FPS, this is at the beginning of the benchmark. Benchmarking or just running Unigine Heaven for over 1-2 minutes causes it to crash.

PC Specs

Intel I7-2600K at 3.40GHZ

16gb ram (ddr3 I think?)

GIGABYTE Z77-D3H LGA-1155 Motherboard

600W ThermalTake PSU

GTX 770 2gb

RocketFish CPU cooler.

May not be the best video, but I tried to make it the best I could.

Can play most games on medium settings, though at medium or high settings it throttles at times and starts to overheat. You can feel the heat hot to the touch from the back fan.

Pictures of CINEBENCH R15 and UNIGINE VALLEY 1.0 benchmarks attached to this thread.

Good luck to everyone who entered and excited to see what the new builds that come out of this contest will be like!

It says I'm running windows 8 for some reason but I am using Windows 10.

ltt1.jpg

ltt2.jpg

The story behind this PC is not very good, its just my standard PC that I wanted to use for gaming for years back when I got it. Now that it is beat out by others, I need to upgrade it to its max performance so that It can not only play old games well, but new games also.

Forgot to include the Unigine Heaven benchmarks due to it crashing, sorry, but I guess Cinebench and Unigine Valley work as benchmarks just fine.

Another little edit, I know this PC can seem a bit powerfull compared to others, with its high Unigine Valley Score and FPS, but it would be great if I could boost the performance of this PC up to run games cooler and with better FPS in Triple A games, the benchmarks show a lot more FPS than in games.

You got a really nice PC my dude

15 hours ago, deathaway said:

Hey Guys. Yes, I do play on Gary (that's his actual name) and I honestly feel limited by him. I have been using Garageband on my IPad for music production because FL studio wont run on Gary. I cant expand to games like GTA V because Gary doesn't have the space. 

Specs-

i7 M620 @ 2.67Ghz 

8GB of RAM

Nvidia NVS 3100M

Wish everyone the best of luck! I had a lot of fun making this

Holy crap, that's like one of the most interesting videos I've seen on this thread.

2u8dnp0.png

Is that enough to prove that I'm running Minecraft in low graphics and 5 fps ? 

I'm even surprised that it runs Windows 10 

#ROGRigReboot 

15 hours ago, deathaway said:

Hey Guys. Yes, I do play on Gary (that's his actual name) and I honestly feel limited by him. I have been using Garageband on my IPad for music production because FL studio wont run on Gary. I cant expand to games like GTA V because Gary doesn't have the space. 

Specs-

i7 M620 @ 2.67Ghz 

8GB of RAM

Nvidia NVS 3100M

Wish everyone the best of luck! I had a lot of fun making this

I actually loved this video! 

Just now, WilltheLemon said:

I actually loved this video! 

Have you tried....GARY'S MOD!!!! Okay I'll leave...

Uploaded my video! I'd love a comment from Linus about the CUDA. xD

15 minutes ago, Hyraelle said:

Tonight is the draw, good luck everyone!

i don't think so...

they said it would be later on this week.

Just now, oferk99 said:

i don't think so...

they said it would be later on this week.

They said that today is the deadline and that they would pick later.

here is the link to my Rog rig RE-BOOT, hope you enjoy. it was a really fun creative process.

side note: i do have a monitor that i got on black friday of 2017 its the ASUS ROG PG278Q. but now i just need a desktop to power it up and get rid of this laptop.

another side note: im also a content creator or trying to be at least and this computer that i currubtly have is not the greatest for editing so with a new pc i could get so much more done in a less amount of time but anyways good luck to everyone #ROGRigReboot