i cant get my watercooled pc pump to start up

22 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I like where you had it before, if you want feet, you could repurpose uni-holders if you want. I used velcro for my build with rubber feet (HDD shock absorbers) but you can also screw it in.

20170502_175254.thumb.jpg.c5dd87c00b583f1671dbec77145800b5.jpg

omg the new pump isnt working either. its not the pump then?!?! whats wrong :(((

Just now, chowderblue said:

omg the new pump isnt working either. its not the pump then?!?! whats wrong :(((

Ok lets take it slowly, I'm sure we can work together to get it working. Can you just confirm you are using the Perif cable from the PSU and not the PCIE-->Molex adaptor

6 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Ok lets take it slowly, I'm sure we can work together to get it working. Can you just confirm you are using the Perif cable from the PSU and not the PCIE-->Molex adaptor

Okay. i am using a 6 pin pcie (the cable that goes into the psu) to Molex (male) then im using a female to female molex adapter to plug in my pump to the molex

1 minute ago, chowderblue said:

Okay. i am using a 6 pin pcie (the cable that goes into the psu) to Molex (male) then im using a female to female molex adapter to plug in my pump to the molex

Can you just change back to using the perif cable that came with the PSU?

9 minutes ago, For Science! said:

and my power supply is putting out power because i plugged a fan into it too to make sure

Just now, For Science! said:

Can you just change back to using the perif cable that came with the PSU?

there wasnt a perif to molex cable that came with it

Just now, chowderblue said:

there wasnt a perif to molex cable that came with it

Because its a 2nd hand PSU? the Supernova 850 G2 should have one

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Because its a 2nd hand PSU? the Supernova 850 G2 should have one

it did not come withone, i am sure. will someone skype me or something? i feel like this would be easier through video. if you can help me through video yo get the computer working i will pay via paypal

I literally thought you died for a moment.

To summarize the situation, the pump had a incomplete circuit due to OP connecting a PCI power cable into the PERIF PSU output, meaning that the molex output had completely different wiring than than standard molex. We fixed it by briding the correct connections.

hot-wiring.png.3c03d8aa72d000858c8ef291be2a971c.png

Long live MS paint

Long story short: OP needs to go find the proper PERIF cable from EVGA :P

Nice work @For Science!

Glad you got it sorted @chowderblue

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

• 5 months later...
On 30.7.2017 at 9:22 PM, chowderblue said:

IMG_4343.JPG

For future forum reference, and we know there are quite a few running into issues in regards to "molex adapters" : This is NOT a normal 12 volt molex. This "adapter" appears to be a fan splitter, for changing static voltage to fans.