i cant get my watercooled pc pump to start up

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Green wire needs to go into the back of the connector on the bottom there.

The red wire in the 2 pin molex you've got isn't 5V.

It'll follow the white like I drew below:

GAj5lFb.jpg

nada

Just now, chowderblue said:

nada

Wire it from a proper molex connector that is from the PSU not something that is daisy chained adapter, as said don't risk mixing up the connections. 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

Wire it from a proper molex connector that is from the PSU not something that is daisy chained adapter, as said don't risk mixing up the connections. 

nada pinata

IMG_4343.JPG

7 hours ago, Lurick said:

Green wire needs to go into the back of the connector on the bottom there.

The red wire in the 2 pin molex you've got isn't 5V.

It'll follow the white like I drew below:

nothing :/

IMG_4343.JPG

3 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

nothing :/

Wire it directly not through adapters not to mention get rid of it, that thing is not wired correct why is the red wire in the negative pinout. (left connector)

IMG_4343.JPG

4 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

-snip-

Still in the wrong one.

Needs to go in the red wire on the circled part.

8374RbD.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Still in the wrong one.

Needs to go in the red wire on the circled part.

8374RbD.jpg

still nothinggoing on. this is the molex the other wire from the pump is connected to. are you sure yu wanted me to plug it into this one using the paperclip? 

IMG_4344.JPG

4 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

still nothinggoing on. this is the molex the other wire from the pump is connected to. are you sure yu wanted me to plug it into this one using the paperclip? 

No, needs to be plugged into a standard 4 pin molex connector without any adapters.

That's a 2 pin in your picture and the red wire connects to the 12V wire which is very bad.

Edit:

Not sure which molexs are adapters from other things so I know this is frustrating :( 

If you have a volt meter and a molex connector coming right out of the PSU, make sure it's red wire is 5V and find a way to get the paper clip into the back of that connector.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

No, needs to be plugged into a standard 4 pin molex connector without any adapters.

That's a 2 pin in your picture and the red wire connects to the 12V wire which is very bad.

shouldnt it have blown u my computer if i turned it on then? and i need to connect it to a 4 pin molex (green to red) without any adapters for it to go into the psu??

3 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

shouldnt it have blown u my computer if i turned it on then? and i need to connect it to a 4 pin molex (green to red) without any adapters for it to go into the psu??

Not necessarily, might not do any harm but over supply voltage can quickly kill a part.

Ideally if you can do that directly into the power supply, then yes, without adapters that can switch things around. Take a picture before turning it on and post here just to make sure :) 

Not sure which PSU you've got and if the molex connectors are sleeved or colored all black or something.

One note about the last picture the stupid thing about this is the red wire on that 2 pin molex adapter is 12V for the pump, it's the most idiotic thing ever, it should be a yellow wire but for some reason isn't >.< It's not relevant to this but it's bugged me :P 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 hours ago, Lurick said:

Not necessarily, might not do any harm but over supply voltage can quickly kill a part.

Ideally if you can do that directly into the power supply, then yes, without adapters that can switch things around. Take a picture before turning it on and post here just to make sure :) 

Not sure which PSU you've got and if the molex connectors are sleeved or colored all black or something.

One note about the last picture the stupid thing about this is the red wire on that 2 pin molex adapter is 12V for the pump, it's the most idiotic thing ever, it should be a yellow wire but for some reason isn't >.< It's not relevant to this but it's bugged me :P 

I have a 850+ evga supernova powr supply gold cert lol. And how do you mean directly into the power supply? the only way im plugging my pump molex into my power supply is using a molex (female) to 6 pin pcie for the power supply. i thinknyou asked me to jump the green wire from my fan cable (off the pump) into the molex red wire. how would i plug thay into my power supply?

would anyone like to skype me or something to help me out? my pump just wont react even though its connected to the power supply using a molex to 6 pin pcie cable

the only thing thats not plugged into the power supply is the fan cable coming out of the pump, however even if i plug it into the motherboard cpu fan header and plug in the cpu pcie cable into the motherboard nothing happens. neither does just plugging it into a regular chassi fan header on the motherboard.

1 minute ago, chowderblue said:

I have a 850+ evga supernova powr supply gold cert lol. And how do you mean directly into the power supply? the only way im plugging my pump molex into my power supply is using a molex (female) to 6 pin pcie for the power supply. i thinknyou asked me to jump the green wire from my fan cable (off the pump) into the molex red wire. how would i plug thay into my power supply?

Right. So you'll plug the molex connection wire into the PSU through the 6-pin connection on the PSU itself. From there you'll use the paperclip to go from the green wire to the 5V on the molex. The hard part about that is the fact that all 4 wires are painted black and I'm not sure if they're labeled at which point you'll need a voltage meter to determine the right one.

If you've got a standard molex male connector like this (bottom part):

4 Pin Molex Male to a 4 Pin Molex Male Power Cable – 3 Inches

plugged into one of the molex connectors on the power cable then you're perfect. Just take the paper clip and go from the green wire into the back of the red wire.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

the power button on my chassis works if i plug in my power supply into my motherboard and fans start spinning however fans plugged into the motherboard dont spin and neither does the pump turn on

the only thing thats not plugged into the power supply is the fan cable coming out of the pump, however even if i plug it into the motherboard cpu fan header and plug in the cpu pcie cable into the motherboard nothing happens. neither does just plugging it into a regular chassi fan header on the motherboard.

Definitely don't want the CPU PCIe cable going to the motherboard for this since there is no 24-pin connection going into the motherboard as well it won't do anything. You'd need to plug in the 24-pin and the CPU 4 or 8 pin plus the fan header but at that point you'll risk shorting something if a leak happens and you aren't quick enough to power it back down.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Definitely don't want the CPU PCIe cable going to the motherboard for this since there is no 24-pin connection going into the motherboard as well it won't do anything. You'd need to plug in the 24-pin and the CPU 4 or 8 pin plus the fan header but at that point you'll risk shorting something if a leak happens and you aren't quick enough to power it back down.

please read my update and tell me what you think. 

please read my update and tell me what you think. 

Just to make sure I read that right:

When hooked up properly (all connections going into the board, etc.) and you power it on none of the fans connected to the board spin but everything else boots up and powers on just fine?

Do you get a POST beep when you do that?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Right. So you'll plug the molex connection wire into the PSU through the 6-pin connection on the PSU itself. From there you'll use the paperclip to go from the green wire to the 5V on the molex. The hard part about that is the fact that all 4 wires are painted black and I'm not sure if they're labeled at which point you'll need a voltage meter to determine the right one.

If you've got a standard molex male connector like this (bottom part):

plugged into one of the molex connectors on the power cable then you're perfect. Just take the paper clip and go from the green wire into the back of the red wire.

i have a female to female going from the pump molex connector to a molex to pcie 6 pin connector going into my psu. what youre saying is to get rid of the molex male to pcie 6pin and put a paper clip from the back of the female connector red wire into my psu? 

When hooked up properly (all connections going into the board, etc.) and you power it on none of the fans connected to the board spin but everything else boots up and powers on just fine?

a) the fans connectedd to the motherboard DO NOT turn on. however the one fan i plugged into my psu does turn on and light up. 

Uhh i did not hear a. eep from the motherboard but i heard the power supply turn on meaning the connection from my motherboard works perfect since i hit the power button on the chassis and it turned on the power supply

a) the fans connectedd to the motherboard DO NOT turn on. however the one fan i plugged into my psu does turn on and light up. 

To me it sounds like the pump is DOA even if you leave the PWM fan connector unplugged without a signal the pump will still run at idle regardless. 

6 hours ago, W-L said:

To me it sounds like the pump is DOA even if you leave the PWM fan connector unplugged without a signal the pump will still run at idle regardless. 

Yah, that's what I'm thinking at this point. There should be a slight hum coming from the pump at the very least.

I'm also wondering about the motherboard, if none of the fans spin up when it's powered on.

@chowderblue

In this picture here, is the molex connection in the upper/top part of the image connect to a molex connector that goes into the PSU?

IMG_4332.JPG

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I'm also wondering about the motherboard, if none of the fans spin up when it's powered on.

@chowderblue

In this picture here, is the molex connection in the upper/top part of the image connect to a molex connector that goes into the PSU?

IMG_4332.JPG

where my hand is = where the molex from the pump is connected to a female to female molex adapter. then it goes to a molex male to 6 pin pcie adapter

where my hand is = where the molex from the pump is connected to a female to female molex adapter. then it goes to a molex male to 6 pin pcie adapter

Got it.

Where you hand is, going towards the case, away from the pump adapter. Plug the green wire into the back of the red wire there.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Got it.

Where you hand is, going towards the case, away from the pump adapter. Plug the green wire into the back of the red wire there.

my case is the tower 900. and so where my hand is? meaning the actual molex from the pump itself?

my case is the tower 900. and so where my hand is? meaning the actual molex from the pump itself?

This one here:

sYa8l3d.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This one here:

sYa8l3d.jpg

ok so the end of the female molex connector? i plug in my green wire from the pump fan cable into the red wire of that one?

ok so the end of the female molex connector? i plug in my green wire from the pump fan cable into the red wire of that one?

Yup, right in the back of the red wire of the connector I put arrows around.

Leave everything else connected as is in the picture.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: