VERTICAL GPU IDEAS

11 minutes ago, Mnpctech said:
Hey gang, I'm hoping you can offer any suggestions for cases and mounting scenarios for my vertical GPU installation mounts, I'd like to list them for everyone here, https://mnpctech.com/vertical-gpu-video-card-installation-mount/ 

this PSA for dark theme users is brought to you by: @knightslugger

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Really looking forward to trying these out. Awesome solution. I saw someone actually ordered the Mastercase GPU vertical mount for a case, that wasn't a mastercase, and they had to do a lot of cutting and moding to get it all to fit and work. These will allow for minimal cutting to get a GPU mounted however the heck you want it! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

18 hours ago, Whaler_99 said:

Really looking forward to trying these out. Awesome solution. I saw someone actually ordered the Mastercase GPU vertical mount for a case, that wasn't a mastercase, and they had to do a lot of cutting and moding to get it all to fit and work. These will allow for minimal cutting to get a GPU mounted however the heck you want it! :)

I liked your suggestion with the 1200, Give me a heads up via Twitter, before ordering one! 

17 years of helping you void your warranty

On 7/29/2017 at 9:03 AM, Mnpctech said:

I liked your suggestion with the 1200, Give me a heads up via Twitter, before ordering one! 

The funny thing is I have two Antec 1200 cases and neither of them even have a GPU in them. They are both unRaid servers.:) 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I recall when the 1200 was the #1 selling case. Antec lost their hold on leading case market over the past decade, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
Are you familiar with the NCASE? I'm experimenting with a vertical GPU mount design.

Yesterday I had the thought of making a micro reservoir to mount on the bracket alongside the GPU, but that presents challenge of where to mount a pump?  It will limit your choice of Heatsink / Fan Combos for CPU cooling to models under 70mm tall, but will present new layout scenarios for DIY liquid cooling.    

NCASE-Vertical-Video-Card-Mount-Bracket-

ncase-m1-vertical-video-card-gpu-mount-m