legitimate Windows 10 home key

Can someone give me a few ideas of where I can buy a legitimate Windows 10 home key

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

This is a popular place for legitimate licenses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Kinguin is used a lot for keys. However some people do say they are black market keys

Hello

Any computer store selling software. Its about your personal values whether you go with grey market keys or pay the full price ($30 or $80 for OEM key).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yep I decided to go the only way....the right way, so that I can call Microsoft anytime I have a problem to resolve.

2 hours ago, newbie computer enthusist said:

Yep I decided to go the only way....the right way, so that I can call Microsoft anytime I have a problem to resolve.

these sites that sell keys are not selling licenses. the legit way is to buy a license. The license you are suppose to buy for a PC you built yourself is full retail. If all you are getting is a key via email then you have no way to be sure it is legit. I cannot talk about the ways keys are generated on this forum.

Every time I write this on LTT forum some stupid child always replies to me with their expert legal knowledge based on made up shit. Iv worked in software sales and licensing. No legit retailer should be selling you OEM and no legit retailer has margins good enough to knock 80% off the price. Check out the spiceworks forum if you want confirmation from adults.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

these sites that sell keys are not selling licenses. the legit way is to buy a license.

Those two sentences make no sense, at all. Key = license, you can't argue against it. The way sellers squire them and whether anyone should even be selling OEM or not is another matter. You are just making this whole bit even more confusing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Those two sentences make no sense, at all. Key = license, you can't argue against it. The way sellers squire them and whether anyone should even be selling OEM or not is another matter. You are just making this whole bit even more confusing.

the best way to describe it is the key is a part of the license, but they key by itself is not a license it is just the code to pass DRM.

The other parts are the invoice and all manuals or retail packaging that came with the product.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

the best way to describe it is the key is a part of the license, but they key by itself is not a license it is just the code to pass DRM.

The other parts are the invoice and all manuals or retail packaging that came with the product.

Still making this too confusing for no apparent reason but bickering.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Still making this too confusing for no apparent reason but bickering.

I can assure you I am not bickering I just have bullshit alarm that goes off when I see false information. You can always go read the Eula for yourself. I'm on my phone so I can't be arsed using quotes.

here there is a mention that a key and a license are not the same

Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method.

This part states it clearer

Successful activation does not confirm that the software is genuine or properly licensed.

Here is a site that might be more clearer

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Software.aspx?tab=DigitalDownloadsTabSoftwarePage

With the exception of Product Key Cards distributed with Certificates of Authenticity (COA’s), Microsoft does not distribute products keys as standalone products. If you see a listing on an auction site, online classified ad, or other online page advertising product keys, it’s a good indication that these keys are likely stolen or counterfeit.

TLDR: ms does not sell windows in the way you will find on reddit or kinguin. I know because I worked for a reseller. These guys are almost always based in china or Hong Kong 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

After doing some reading, you are still making bit too much fuss over nothing. But thats personal opinion. I just hope you don't confuse people asking question by this fuss. Feel free to promote genuine products sold at their rightful price, like I do.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Depending on how you got your copy of Windows 10, activation will use either a digital license or a 25-character product key.

You bought a digital copy of Windows 10 from an authorized retailer.

- -

Product key

(In the confirmation email you received after buying Windows 10 or in a digital locker accessible through the retailer’s website. A digital license will be given to your device for Windows 10 based on the valid product key you entered.) 

While they aren't technically same thing, you can use either (one is used on prebuilds and laptops) and you get license when Windows is successfully activated by key.

The cheap keys ARE against MS ToS / Licensing Terms as they do come from prebuilds, volume copies or other such sources which don't allow keys to be distributed or resold.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

you get license when Windows is successfully activated by key.

Seriously I could keep slapping you in the face with quotes from ms and you still won't get it. I have sat and passed sales exams and you could not be more wrong. I actually gave you a quote from Eula that contradicts this. 

There is always some child that wants to argue because they staunchly refuse to believe the truth. I am not making things up. I am simply stating facts and not spreading bullshit.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

20 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Seriously I could keep slapping you in the face with quotes from ms and you still won't get it. I have sat and passed sales exams and you could not be more wrong. I actually gave you a quote from Eula that contradicts this. 

There is always some child that wants to argue because they staunchly refuse to believe the truth. I am not making things up. I am simply stating facts and not spreading bullshit.

Well, if you want to argue with those things I quotes, they are from MS site. While License Terms don't say anything directly, those things I quoted do. Either you like being picky about this, or you just like to confuse people. I honestly don't care.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, if you want to argue with those things I quotes, they are from MS site. While License Terms don't say anything directly, those things I quoted do. Either you like being picky about this, or you just like to confuse people. I honestly don't care.

You have confused yourself. The article you posted is not a legal document and it is not a part of the collection of documents that form a license.

It is a help article, not about licensing but about activation, but I will explain it anyway because you seem so confused on it.

Now please keep in mind, if you can, that this support article is not in the license contract.

What they are calling a "digital license" is a key stored in windows 8+ BIOS, it is an alternative to a product key but is not the "license" required in the EULA. The EULA which is the stuff you agree to does not mention "digital license" and it clearly states that activation != license.

I really cannot spell it out any simpler than this:

License = contract, agreement, legal document, its a thing with words in it that you are suppose to agree with. this is what you are suppose to pay money for.

Digital license = product key = a really long number that unlocks windows DRM. it comes with the license. you are not suppose to buy this part on its own! 

Please never go into system engineering or software sales. You are going to cause some serious financial pain with your lack of comprehension.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I really cannot spell it out any simpler than this:

License = contract, agreement, legal document, its a thing with words in it that you are suppose to agree with. this is what you are suppose to pay money for.

This part is easy. Now explain to me in which part of process end user agrees to license terms so that it will be valid. Or does retailer do that part? And if they do, what does it look like to consumer when retailer has made said agreement vs when they haven't and are just selling illegal/non-genuine keys. Which, in fact, was the original argument.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

And if they do, what does it look like to consumer when retailer has made said agreement vs when they haven't and are just selling illegal/non-genuine keys. Which, in fact, was the original argument.

I already have in every possible way imaginable.

MS does not sell keys.

Do kids these days not know what a key generator is?

22 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Software.aspx?tab=DigitalDownloadsTabSoftwarePage

With the exception of Product Key Cards distributed with Certificates of Authenticity (COA’s), Microsoft does not distribute products keys as standalone products. If you see a listing on an auction site, online classified ad, or other online page advertising product keys, it’s a good indication that these keys are likely stolen or counterfeit.

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Now explain to me in which part of process end user agrees to license terms so that it will be valid. Or does retailer do that part

In copyrighted software at some point a contract and boring legal stuff is presented to you and if you do not agree you cannot use the software. Have you never installed windows?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

46 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I already have in every possible way imaginable.

MS does not sell keys.

Do kids these days not know what a key generator is?

In copyrighted software at some point a contract and boring legal stuff is presented to you and if you do not agree you cannot use the software. Have you never installed windows?

I hope you don't ever work in consumer service. If you can't explain things better than this...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I hope you don't ever work in consumer service. If you can't explain things better than this...

your just staunchly refusing to accept fact because certain words in your vocabulary do not match legal and industry definition. Your head prob needs a little rest so the neurons can re-wire.

In the consumer space they do not deal with legal and technical issues at this level. they talk shit and push the customer towards the most profitable product. A consumer service approach would be totally inappropriate here.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

your just staunchly refusing to accept fact because certain words in your vocabulary do not match legal and industry definition. Your head prob needs a little rest so the neurons can re-wire.

In the consumer space they do not deal with legal and technical issues at this level. they talk shit and push the customer towards the most profitable product. A consumer service approach would be totally inappropriate here.

Look, I try to make this easy since you have clearly misunderstood my point here. This forum is not for industry professionals to jibber jabber about technical or legal stuff. Its about giving clear advice to people who might be new to stuff. If you can't give clear answer to question, don't post reply. If someone wants to know whats going behind easy answers, they do ask about it.

I know that I lack understanding of technical and legal terms, but I do know enough to ask you to make things easier for people who know less than me. If someone comes and ask you if they should buy Windows key fron G2A or Kinguin and you start to jabber about licensing terms and how those keys are not legal because of that, you are confusing them. Why are keys they get from G2A so different from those Amazon or another licensed retailer sells when they are delivered to email after purchase is being made. You could just give the easy answer that keys being sold in G2A come from questionable sources, not directly from Microsoft. According to you that answer is lacking. But how much going full route explaining how licensing works will in the end help in here? Not that much it would be needed.

I hope I've made my stance in this subject clear. You may not like it and think that I'm too stupid to understand things. Thats just fine with me. My opinion is that you lack will or skill to make things easy to understand and get annoyed when you have to sink others level of understanding to make them understand you.

I'll leave this one with this. Do have a good day.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv