Please Tell This Razer Tech Support Person that a Laptop Should Not Hit 100C Regardless of Task

I am trying to get my Blade Stealth fixed because it is hitting 100C under heavy load, and I am trying to explain to this tech support person that t should not hit 100C under full load. They are telling me that on the spec sheet it says max temp is 100C so that is normal. I told him that this should never get over 85C under load. But he insists that it is ok.  He told me to not use it for heavey tasks and to just get a cooling pad, I was like WTF? I am making this to show him that he is wrong. Please tell him I am right. @LinusTech I would greatly appreciate a response from you. 

SS.thumb.png.062a295ae21a78fd0c4523b23e164ce1.png

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I am trying to get my Blade Stealth fixed because it is hitting 100C under heavy load, and I am trying to explain to this tech support person that t should not hit 100C under full load. They are telling me that on the spec sheet it says max temp is 100C so that is normal. I told him that this should never get over 85C under load. But he insists that it is ok.  He told me to not use it for heavey tasks and to just get a cooling pad, I was like WTF? I am making this to show him that he is wrong. Please tell him I am right. @LinusTech I would greatly appreciate a response from you. 

SS.thumb.png.062a295ae21a78fd0c4523b23e164ce1.png

If you are hitting above 70c on a cpu you are risking damaging it.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

they just read from script, most likley couldnt give a flying fuck what you think or where you post it

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

14 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

-snip-

Image result for personal army request

also please enlighten me on why Linus needs to have input on this?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Image result for personal army request

Because I would like to show this guy that a Massive youtuber who they sponsor agrees with me

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Because I would like to show this guy that a Massive youtuber who they sponsor agrees with me

I gone too far xD

61fdd038cc2c131e138bc6383e3a8f0c.png

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

so what, like the guy gives a fuck.

so what, like the guy gives a fuck.

Alright take this to PM I don't need my shit spammed.

Just now, VinZie said:

Alright take this to PM I don't need my shit spammed.

turn off notificiations? i only get notifications if some interacts with my post

turn off notificiations? i only get notifications if some interacts with my post

Well why are you even arguing on a thread anyway? Take it to a PM.

Just now, VinZie said:

Well why are you even arguing on a thread anyway? Take it to a PM.

im not arguing, im just putting my opinion out there

also 

Image result for idgaf meme

If 100 degrees is the tj max of the CPU, it is safe. That is probably what this guy is going for and I think I would have to agree. Some CPU's should never reach 85 degrees C or over, you're right. But some can.

If you're not happy with your CPU at such a temperature and the company who made the laptop it's designed to be at such a temp, maybe it's just not the laptop for you.

7 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Spoiler

unknown.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Hide contents

unknown.png

fuck ye

Actually what came in my mind. This does happen but maybe a faulty sensor? I seen sensors that say the CPU is -2 Celsius.

I DID INSPECT ELEMENT MY INFORMATION OUT FOR MY PROTECTION!

358015dbacb925b91236f4c39bd29770.png

He seems more helpful then your last person.

lol, my 6700k with Cryorig H7 hits 85c sometimes... I left it on aida64 extreme for 3 hours (stressing CPU, FPU, Cache, System Memory, and GPU) and came back to a max of 85c... non-overclocked xD WTF

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

lol, my 6700k with Cryorig H7 hits 85c sometimes... I left it on aida64 extreme for 3 hours (stressing CPU, FPU, Cache, System Memory, and GPU) and came back to a max of 85c... non-overclocked xD WTF

Should a 6700K be able to hit 85C with an H7 on it?

Asking because I have a 6700K with a H7 on it.  ?

3 hours ago, Minibois said:

If 100 degrees is the tj max of the CPU, it is safe. That is probably what this guy is going for and I think I would have to agree. Some CPU's should never reach 85 degrees C or over, you're right. But some can.

If you're not happy with your CPU at such a temperature and the company who made the laptop it's designed to be at such a temp, maybe it's just not the laptop for you.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Regardless what the tj max is it would be preferable and safer if thr CPU didn't get right up to it.

Ideally I'd say a CPU shouldn't actually be allowed to reach its max safe temperature because what if something pushes it higher and puts it into the "your CPU is about to be damaged" level of temperatures?

Keeping the CPU sufficiently below its max safe temperature helps prevent accidentally damaging it from getting too hot.  

4 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

-snip-

Honestly though... did you open it up yet and dust our the heat sink(s) did that on a couple laptops can definitely drop your temps by 20 degrees C. 

4 hours ago, VinZie said:

If you are hitting above 70c on a cpu you are risking damaging it.

Not true. All current CPU's have protections against thermal damage from simply throttling to shutting down completely. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

It's razer. They're not exactly known for their amazing customer service

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I have a Razer Blade Stealth and it also runs at 100C under load. I personally don't think that is a problem. As other have said some CPUs are designed to safely run at those temps. That being said, the RBS (i7 6500U) quality control is not good. The CPU temp runs between 60 and 70 under light load. And yes I have opened the laptop to clean it but  it doesn't change anything. The laptop suffers from a lot of BSOD. The screws fall off by themselves. The charger is not well built. The first one I had died after 6 months and was constantly making a buzzing noise. They sent me a new one without asking for the old one back. The new one works better but sometimes if it is already plugged to the wall and I plug the laptop in it doesn't charge and I have to unplug it from the wall and plug it back in. It's a well-known problem that even Razer talks about on the support page. And sometimes when I touch the USB-C connector it stops charging and starts charging again but sometimes I have to unplug it and replug it for it to work. The battery life is also not very good. I usually get around 3 hours which is quite disappointing.

Since the laptop is out of warranty now, I have changed the thermal paste and the temps are a little bit better. I'm using a Noctua NT-H1.

I still like this laptop because it is lightweight and it works in general. But the problems I have had with it makes it that I am not buying a new device  from Razer in the near future and would not be recommending it to anyone. I hope they have fixed these issues with newer version and that other people got better units that mine. My laptop was one of the first they made since I had pre-ordered it. So hopefully things are better now.