Physiological testing for wearable tech

In the WAN show you talked about doing actual testing on wearable fitness trackers etc. I can do that testing Through Squires.Fitness or at the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus.

no charge you just have to get to colorado.

VO2 Max, Fuel utilization and Lactate Threshold 

I can make make it happen any day.

Now, who knows how to get this actually looked at by linus? 

Email shanon.squires@ucdenver.edu

or shanon@squires.fitness

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Not too often the nerd of the fitness world gets a chance to work with the computer  nerds. 

And... fitness trackers are getting better at tracking accurate data but their concepts of what "zone" to be in is miserable. 

Perhaps @nicklmg can bring it to them, I know he reliably gets through his notifications :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:52 AM, Pwent said:

In the WAN show you talked about doing actual testing on wearable fitness trackers etc. I can do that testing Through Squires.Fitness or at the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus.

no charge you just have to get to colorado.

VO2 Max, Fuel utilization and Lactate Threshold 

I can make make it happen any day.

Now, who knows how to get this actually looked at by linus? 

Email shanon.squires@ucdenver.edu

or shanon@squires.fitness

Have you seen the fitness level of the LMG team?

Linus always huffs and puffs over little boxes.

Perhaps Luke is in better tip top physical shape.

I bet they could get some free shit too, to promote and make a video of.

But they'd need to bring in some more suitable fitness people.

27 minutes ago, yathis said:

Have you seen the fitness level of the LMG team?

Linus always huffs and puffs over little boxes.

Perhaps Luke is in better tip top physical shape.

I bet they could get some free shit too, to promote and make a video of.

But they'd need to bring in some more suitable fitness people.

It doesn't matter how fit or not they are, it's about comparing the measurements of cheap wearables to professional equipment

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Slick said:

@Pwent I really do appreciate this offer but flying a team down there and back is quite a large expense :(

Thanks again - I wish the school near us was as interested :( 

*Spends 100k on a camera*

14 minutes ago, VinZie said:

*Spends 100k on a camera*

Production quality increase for every single video we shoot + not having lower quality than many competing channels 

vs

producing one video which would have been interesting 1 year ago but most people don't care now.. So it's already cost us more money than it would make even if we didn't have to take travel time, plane cost, hotel cost, etc into consideration for a small team in order to do so.

Just now, Slick said:

Production quality increase for every single video we shoot + not having lower quality than many competing channels 

vs

producing one video which would have been interesting 1 year ago but most people don't care now.. So it's already cost us more money than it would make even if we didn't have to take travel time, plane cost, hotel cost, etc into consideration for a small team in order to do so.

Well I mean as Linus said. "Well what do we get for it? 8k videos that nobody can watch because they don't have 8k displays."

1 minute ago, VinZie said:

Well I mean as Linus said. "Well what do we get for it? 8k videos that nobody can watch because they don't have 8k displays."

You realize that video was a joke? - Not trying to prod, genuine question.. A lot of people seem to have missed that. There is obviously value in a purchase like that.

There's a lot more to video quality than resolution.

Just now, Slick said:

You realize that video was a joke? - Not trying to prod, genuine question.. A lot of people seem to have missed that. There is obviously value in a purchase like that.

I mean yeah jokes are jokes but Linus sounded so pissed off about it that it didn't sound like a joke.

Just now, Slick said:

I would actually disagree with this. With YouTube compression and other factors I, along with presumably many others, cannot tell one bit of difference between Red 8K cameras, and your old 4K stuff when it comes to your average type of videos. Now yes if you did a cinematographic video then yes i'm sure there would be a noticeable difference, but for your average tech reviews, there is barely any difference. Especially not enough in my mind to justify $130,000 for cameras. But if you guys can afford it, all power to you. 

3 minutes ago, VinZie said:

I mean yeah jokes are jokes but Linus sounded so pissed off about it that it didn't sound like a joke.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

I would actually disagree with this. With YouTube compression and other factors I, along with presumably many others, cannot tell one bit of difference between Red 8K cameras, and your old 4K stuff when it comes to your average type of videos. Now yes if you did a cinematographic video then yes i'm sure there would be a noticeable difference, but for your average tech reviews, there is barely any difference. Especially not enough in my mind to justify $130,000 for cameras. But if you guys can afford it, all power to you. 

It was a joke - I guess he's getting rather good at acting.

Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others don't - using comment metrics it's pretty easy to tell when people think quality went up and that has been the case.. Also it's a much more noticeable difference on floatplane club.. Youtube isn't the only platform we upload to.

"but for your average tech reviews, there is barely any difference." Broll is done professionally. We don't shoot A-roll on the red. Maybe this is why you can't notice?

I'm done with this convo :P Have to go do real work. We don't go spending 100K on stuff that doesn't have value, we're a business. If you'd like to do some research on the benefits of what we purchased I would encourage you to do so.

Just now, Slick said:

It was a joke - I guess he's getting rather good at acting.

Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others don't - using comment metrics it's pretty easy to tell when people think quality went up and that has been the case.. Also it's a much more noticeable difference on floatplane club.. Youtube isn't the only platform we upload to.

"but for your average tech reviews, there is barely any difference." Broll is done professionally. We don't shoot A-roll on the red. Maybe this is why you can't notice?

I'm done with this convo :P Have to go do real work. We don't go spending 100K on stuff that doesn't have value, we're a business. If you'd like to do some research on the benefits of what we purchased I would encourage you to do so.

I mean does the company have a benefit from a $200 dinky ass cable?