Can I test my system with no gpu?

I currently have all parts for my new rig, with the exception of one component, the gpu. My video card will not arrive for a few days :(. I would like to test if everything works today, will I be able to tell if I put everything together correctly with no gpu? Will the fans spin up?

What system? Do you have a apu(like a amd a series or a amd lga 115x chip). If you have a apu you can, otherwise you can't

2 minutes ago, CasualGamer... said:

I currently have all parts for my new rig, with the exception of one component, the gpu. My video card will not arrive for a few days :(. I would like to test if everything works today, will I be able to tell if I put everything together correctly with no gpu? Will the fans spin up?

Yes if you power the system up the fans will spin up however you couldnt hook a monitor up. If your system has an integrated graphics card you could hook a monitor up to the motherboard.

1 minute ago, CasualGamer... said:

It should anyway, what CPU are you using?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Yes, you can. Whether you'd be able to have a video output would depends on your CPU and motherboard. If the CPU has an intergrated GPU and the board has video outputs, you can connect a monitor and have the system fully functional. 

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What system? Do you have a apu(like a amd a series or a amd lga 115x chip). If you have a apu you can, otherwise you can't

Sorry, forgot to mention I am using a ryzen 1600. No igpu

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

then you can't test it.

Will the fans spin up?

If there's an issue, the beeping from the motherboard speaker could be used in lieu of a proper display, to a degree anyway. So long as you don't get beep codes, odds are very good that the system Posts. 

As Ryzen is become fairly popular (among enthusiasts anyway), it may be beneficial to keep a cheap card on hand for troubleshooting. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

16 minutes ago, CasualGamer... said:

Will the fans spin up?

The fans will most likely spin up regardless if your stuff is working properly or not.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020