G-Sync monitor and adapters for PS4 slim

snabek

Hello. I own  AOC G2460PG monitor, and recent I bought a PS4 slim. Because the monitor only has DisplayPort, I've bought an adapter, similar to this (a simple cable with two ends, one  HDMI, other DP). But got the "No signal" message.

I've read in some of the sources, that it is actually possible to make it work, but you need an "active" adapter, and in other somebody said, that none of the adaptors work.

So should I buy some other adaptor, or is it actually impossible to get this monitor to display your PS4 video ? Help would be much appreciated.

why are you using such an expensive monitor fof the ps4, non of its features work on the ps4

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Gsync and 144 HZ are completely wasted on the PS4

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

you might as well buy a cheap 24 inch tv for like 100$ atleast then you can get sound and wont have to spend 60 $ trying to convert display to hdmi 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

40 minutes ago, snabek said:

Hello. I own  AOC G2460PG monitor, and recent I bought a PS4 slim. Because the monitor only has DisplayPort, I've bought an adapter, similar to this (a simple cable with two ends, one  HDMI, other DP). But got the "No signal" message.

I've read in some of the sources, that it is actually possible to make it work, but you need an "active" adapter, and in other somebody said, that none of the adaptors work.

So should I buy some other adaptor, or is it actually impossible to get this monitor to display your PS4 video ? Help would be much appreciated.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=HDMI&input=DP

I'm using such a monitor for PS4 slim, because I don't own a TV, because I never use it. But thanks for the link to the thread about adaptors, I will look into it 

7 hours ago, Glenwing said:

I've been eyeballing DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0a adaptors for 60hz 4K HDR output out of the Radeon R9 390X, I already use a 2.0 adaptor to do SDR content eadily, but I'm finding poor to no documentation on HDR capable adapters.  Have any input?

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I've been eyeballing DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0a adaptors for 60hz 4K HDR output out of the Radeon R9 390X, I already use a 2.0 adaptor to do SDR content eadily, but I'm finding poor to no documentation on HDR capable adapters.  Have any input?

I haven't heard any word on HDR-capable active adapters, sorry :/

Just now, Glenwing said:

I haven't heard any word on HDR-capable active adapters, sorry :/

I've seen some specifically listing support o Amazon but the details are vague.  Some reviews saying 'It works on nVidia or not'.  Another thing of course being that, yeah, support isn't talked about much.  Even AMD pushing HDR support to some older cards with HDMI 1.4a ports largely got ignored.  Though their slides did also list DP but... Ya know, no one broke it down into consumer friendly details.  I may just order one and make a thread about my own testing.