Intel Skylake-X 14, 16, and 18 core parts expected to ship in October

done12many2
8 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Why would you leave a 1700 at stock?

Because you want your computer to hate you?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

26 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Intel will have higher performance without a doubt. Even clock for clock it'll be faster. Factor in overclocking and it will pull further ahead. Some people are willing to pay for extra performance.

I think it's funny because a lot of people arguing over this or that have no intention or means to actually buy TR or X299. They argue just to argue or stand behind their favorite brand when none of these processors matters to them.

For people who ARE actually buying into these platforms likely have a very good reason to do so. For some people, lower cost parts make sense to them even if it's behind in performance. That is completely understandable. Others, like myself, are willing to pay a premium to have the very best and can justify their purchase without  reservations.

Correct, but it matters *if* the performance is better, the Use Case and what that price delta is.  In my personal case, I'm just really happy Ryzen & Threadripper exist because I need access to real cores.  The cheaper the Per-Core count is, the better for my uses this all is.  So I'm supremely happy all around.

What I'll actually buy is really going to depend on where things sit next year.  The low-speed 16c Threadripper looks really interesting for one of my future projects.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The low-speed 16c Threadripper looks really interesting for one of my future projects.

They are all unlocked, you could easily fix the "low speed" on the entry model just like you can on the entry R7. No need to buy into the X gimmick and pay AMD to do an OC for you.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

You realise an 1800X is a factory OC on a 1700 right? They are the same chip underneath. It's so easy to run at 1800X stock on a 1700. 0 effort.

For a personal rig I would OC it.  However, I do prefer to discuss Performance at Stock.  All of the stats point to a very small amount of people actually OC their CPUs/GPUs. So I care about that for direct discussions. 

For the upcoming i9-7980XE, we're going to be having discussions about "well, it's $2000 for the CPU, and I only spent $600 for the water cooling, but I can keep it stable at 4 Ghz!".  That's fun for showing off, but it's incredibly stupid consumer advice.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

They are all unlocked, you could easily fix the "low speed" on the entry model just like you can on the entry R7. No need to buy into the X gimmick and pay AMD to do an OC for you.

Can it beat this score though?7900Xgeekbench.png.9d98c042e0fa9a8dd3f983e561201786.png

(In case you couldn't tell, it's fake)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Can it beat this score though?7900Xgeekbench.png.9d98c042e0fa9a8dd3f983e561201786.png

(In case you couldn't tell, it's fake)

I raise you a real submission which confirms the broken multi core score

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/3104538

it shows a nice 5000 for single core.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

For a personal rig I would OC it.  However, I do prefer to discuss Performance at Stock.  All of the stats point to a very small amount of people actually OC their CPUs/GPUs. So I care about that for direct discussions. 

For the upcoming i9-7980XE, we're going to be having discussions about "well, it's $2000 for the CPU, and I only spent $600 for the water cooling, but I can keep it stable at 4 Ghz!".  That's fun for showing off, but it's incredibly stupid consumer advice.

With normies maybe but this is a tech forum so I would say the majority is actually the other way and the higher % OC because we know what to do.

EDIT: So what I'm saying is here its best to discuss max potential (of the average chip) which is often well known shortly after release.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

"Scoket R4 (2066"

Damn it! I fucked up, anyways, I am not redoing this now xD

Just now, The Benjamins said:

I raise you a real submission which confirms the broken multi core score

Your score doesn't use Windows 11 tho....

5 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

So what I'm saying is here its best to discuss max potential 

That's my kind of talk right there buddy!  I could care less what any chip does stock.  My chips only see stock clocks on the very first boot after initial install.  They spend so much time overclocked that they actually forget their stock multi.  xD

On 13.6.2017 at 9:57 PM, sazrocks said:

I did not know this. Do you have a link? And what about Ryzen?

It is from a PCPer podcast. On a CCX an other bus system is used.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil