Knipex Wire Stripper

.spider.

I am wondering what's the difference between these two wire strippers? 

https://www.amazon.com/KNIPEX-Tools-200-SBA-Self-Adjusting/dp/B005EXNX0C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497124976&sr=8-1&keywords=Knipex+12+40+200

https://www.amazon.com/Tools-MultiStrip-Automatic-Insulation-Stripper/dp/B01CSX2H4I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1497124929&sr=8-7&keywords=knipex+multi+10

Both strip wires between 32 and 7 AWG. The only difference seems to be the wire cutter of the second one. 

The best kind of wire stripper:

Image result for wire stripper

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Now those are pretty damn expensive :P I got one from Knipex as well and it cost me around 32EUR when I bought it, that's all you'll need

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

1 hour ago, Lolucoca said:

Now those are pretty damn expensive :P I got one from Knipex as well and it cost me around 32EUR when I bought it, that's all you'll need

Probably Knipex 12 62 180

The problem it will only cut wires down to awg 24. I need support for thinner wires.

I just use nail clippers to cut leads and small wires. I have a couple of these reserved for this purpose only.

I know it's not the best method but with euctetic solder I use (63/37) it's fairly safe. Still proper side cutters would be better as you won't have sharp edges on the leads which could cause electric arcs if the leads carry high voltage and the leads wouldn't jump in your eyes (if you're not careful) and you can potentially cut the leads closer to the solder joint.

For insulation strippers, ideally you'd use the kind that has really hot blade or wire, which burns/melts the insulation off the wire instead of cutting it. For my hobby and semi-pro wire strippers, i just use some black and decker branded stripper ..

it looks like this:

image_1893.jpg.7063e1fc2b8eaef2cbe5a6669b67a93d.jpg

Just ordered the MultiStrip 10 I chose it because the clamping jaws are made out of metal.