CM MasterFan pro 140 air pressure

Abaris

Hello, guys

I was wondering if someone has some experience with these fans.
I would like to buy a pair to attach them to a slim radiator. The thing is that it is the top rad and I know some fans just like to die or sound like a dying walrus when placed horizontally.

Any advice is well appreciated.

Wouldn't recommend them as radiator fans, as they're airflow fans. If you really need lots of air and pressure, I can recommend Corsair ML140 fans. I've got 3 of them and they push a ridiculous amount of air even at lower rpm's, while still being reasonably silent.

8 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Wouldn't recommend them as radiator fans, as they're airflow fans. If you really need lots of air and pressure, I can recommend Corsair ML140 fans. I've got 3 of them and they push a ridiculous amount of air even at lower rpm's, while still being reasonably silent.

My bad. I meant the MasterFan pro 140 that are designed for air pressure.

I don't really need lots of pressure since it is not a thick radiator. Plus those ML fans are quite expensive.
I looked at these fans based on their design, sound and neutral color. But don't want them to die prematurely tho.

2 hours ago, Naijin said:

They're far from silent. They're relatively quiet for being high performance fans but aren't actually that quiet when compared to 'actually' quiet fans. 

2 hours ago, Abaris said:

My bad. I meant the MasterFan pro 140 that are designed for air pressure.
I looked at these fans based on their design, sound and neutral color. But don't want them to die prematurely tho.

They use a sealed sleeve bearing which will wear out faster when mounted horizontally. I'm not sure if there would be acoustic artifacts from doing so though.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? If you're just looking for black fans, there are plenty of alternatives.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They're far from silent. They're relatively quiet for being high performance fans but aren't actually that quiet when compared to 'actually' quiet fans. 

They use a sealed sleeve bearing which will wear out faster when mounted horizontally. I'm not sure if there would be acoustic artifacts from doing so though.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? If you're just looking for black fans, there are plenty of alternatives.

Hmm I understand. My budget is like $15 per fan. I'll  be buying from Amazon most likely in the east coast US. Looking for black, not that loud and durable fans. Need to be 140mm also. 

2 hours ago, Abaris said:

Hmm I understand. My budget is like $15 per fan. I'll  be buying from Amazon most likely in the east coast US. Looking for black, not that loud and durable fans. Need to be 140mm also. 

What rad are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 10/5/2017 at 4:38 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What rad are you using?

Sorry for the late answer. Had some tests and stuff.
I'm using a Black Ice Nemesis 280GTS stealth U-Flow.

I'm using Noctua Redux 1500rpm on the same exact rad with great results. They're dark and light grey though.

4 minutes ago, dexT said:

I'm using Noctua Redux 1500rpm on the same exact rad with great results. They're dark and light grey though.

That's a great option. I don't know why Noctua has terrible color schemes lol.

Just now, Abaris said:

These actually look really nice actually, especially if using a modern ROG or WS board.

1 minute ago, Abaris said:

20170511_192652.jpg

Just now, dexT said:

20170511_192652.jpg

Holy shit, a serios overclocker :P
If my system was like that one, I wouldn't mind, but since I want a pretty good look with the UV lights and stuff, I don't want gray messing that up.

3 minutes ago, Abaris said:

Holy shit, a serios overclocker :P
If my system was like that one, I wouldn't mind, but since I want a pretty good look with the UV lights and stuff, I don't want gray messing that up.

The 140 version of the Swiftech Helix are a lil loud but work good. White blades though

20170511_193843.jpg

Yeah. I kinda want something pretty stealthy. But want them not to die when placing them horizontally. The struggle. >.<

4 minutes ago, Abaris said:

Yeah. I kinda want something pretty stealthy. But want them not to die when placing them horizontally. The struggle. >.<

These are very high quality. This site is a good one to shop for fans.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/noiseblocker-nb-blacksilentpro-pl2-120mm-x-25mm-ultra-quiet-fan-1400-rpm-20-dba.html

37 minutes ago, dexT said:

Yeah. I bought a bunch of stuff from them when I bought the WC loop, but won't pay that shipping + tax for a couple fans :P
I wish Corsair had 140sp fans without LEDs :(

Have you taken a look at these? Pretty sure they're the same ones used on the new S24 and S36, and if that's the case, not only are they liked on the AIOs for their noise output, but they're basically less fancy Venturis which are also damn solid fans.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Have you taken a look at these? Pretty sure they're the same ones used on the new S24 and S36, and if that's the case, not only are they liked on the AIOs for their noise output, but they're basically less fancy Venturis which are also damn solid fans.

Yeah, I've seen those fans and they are pretty good. Shame on the white fins tho :/

5 hours ago, Abaris said:

Sorry for the late answer. Had some tests and stuff.
I'm using a Black Ice Nemesis 280GTS stealth U-Flow.

If you don't need high performance and are using additional rads, PW2's work fine and are very quiet: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4GsKHx/be-quiet-case-fan-bl047

9 hours ago, Abaris said:

Yeah, I've seen those fans and they are pretty good. Shame on the white fins tho :/

The Venturi's aren't a whole hell of a lot more (think they're like 16 smackeroonis?).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

10 hours ago, Abaris said:

1 hour ago, tmcclelland455 said:

The Venturi's aren't a whole hell of a lot more (think they're like 16 smackeroonis?).

I bought the Venturi https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VYEI17U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (the 120mm is $16, the 140mm is $19)

It's very nice, full rubber mounts to reduce vibrations. Just dont screw it in too tight. Replaced the old h90 fan that was on my 140mm rad and it made a pretty noticeable difference in sound even with headphones off.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 2:04 AM, WoodenMarker said:

If you don't need high performance and are using additional rads, PW2's work fine and are very quiet: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4GsKHx/be-quiet-case-fan-bl047

Damn, those are quite nice fans, and pretty cheap too.
Thanx a lot :)

On 12/5/2017 at 10:04 AM, TVwazhere said:

I bought the Venturi https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VYEI17U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (the 120mm is $16, the 140mm is $19)

It's very nice, full rubber mounts to reduce vibrations. Just dont screw it in too tight. Replaced the old h90 fan that was on my 140mm rad and it made a pretty noticeable difference in sound even with headphones off.

Nice. If I can't find those Be quiet! fans I'll sure grab a pair of these :)

Sorry for the late response >.<