Help, grathics card fans spin then stop and repeat

FroggyWaffle

Hello everyone my grathics card fans spin for 2 seconds and then stop then go again and repeat and its detected by my tv but says no signal.

WP_20170424_18_27_38_Pro.jpg

Bro I hate it when this happens to my grathics card. Very few things are worse than grathics card fans messing up.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Try plugging into the motherboards integrated graphics and see if the system successfully boots.

Is the graphics card new and if so did you make sure your power supply could give it enough power?

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

18 minutes ago, JohnVHSTapes said:

Your best bet is new power supply.

Yeah! 

You could also try unplugging some other non-essentials drawing power and see if that little extra juice gets the GPU going. If so, then your power supply is JUST too low. Remember the power they can supply degrades over time.

39 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Try plugging into the motherboards integrated graphics and see if the system successfully boots.

the motherboard doesn't have an intergrated graphics card. The cpu is an x4 860k.

43 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Bro I hate it when this happens to my grathics card. Very few things are worse than grathics card fans messing up.

its a pain bro

38 minutes ago, Epic_Nex said:

Is the graphics card new and if so did you make sure your power supply could give it enough power?

no its not new I've been using this pc for 2 years and I went to clean it.everything works except the graphics card.

19 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

Yeah! 

You could also try unplugging some other non-essentials drawing power and see if that little extra juice gets the GPU going. If so, then your power supply is JUST too low. Remember the power they can supply degrades over time.

gonna try.

You motherboard looks to have a VGA connector on the back. Integrated graphics can be on the motherboard itself not the CPU.

4 minutes ago, FroggyWaffle said:

gonna try.

nope.removed the fan and hard drives and the same thing happens.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

You motherboard looks to have a VGA connector on the back. Integrated graphics can be on the motherboard itself not the CPU.

its an A78M-E45.it doesn't ave one.wish it did.

So you cleaned the PC and removed the graphics card?

Try just reseating it in the PCI-e slot, (taking it out and plutting it back in), see if that helps.

Are all the power connectors properly seated into the graphics card, into the PSU if its modular?

51 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If you cannot do this because there are no integrated graphics, can you test the GPU in a different PC? Perhaps use a friend's PC to see if its really the GPU or something else. It could be that the whole system is not booting, and something else is wrong, not the GPU. Are all other power connectors properly plugged in?

Just now, FroggyWaffle said:

its an A78M-E45.it doesn't ave one.wish it did.

Ah, it's one of those motherboards. Nevermind onboard graphics won't work. I though we were dealing with an older motherboard where the onboard graphics processor is integrated into the motherboard.

6 minutes ago, maartendc said:

So you cleaned the PC and removed the graphics card?

Try just reseating it in the PCI-e slot, (taking it out and plutting it back in), see if that helps.

Are all the power connectors properly seated into the graphics card, into the PSU if its modular?

If you cannot do this because there are no integrated graphics, can you test the GPU in a different PC? Perhaps use a friend's PC to see if its really the GPU or something else. It could be that the whole system is not booting, and something else is wrong, not the GPU. Are all other power connectors properly plugged in?

mhm im gonna try this on my old pc.the thing is is that i dont know if that pc has a motherboard that can support an intergrated graphics card.2006 desktop.

and yes everything else is properly connected.

2 minutes ago, FroggyWaffle said:

mhm im gonna try this on my old pc.the thing is is that i dont know if that pc has a motherboard that can support an intergrated graphics card.2006 desktop.

and yes everything else is properly connected.

Thats fine, you should just test the dedicated GPU in another PC, to see if it works at all. (it doesnt need integrated graphics, as long as it has a PCI-e slot you should be fine. A computer that old might still have AGP instead of PCI-e though. My desktop from 2004 had AGP, but it was almost being replaced by PCI-e at that point).

If it does work in the other PC, you know something else is wrong with the computer.

When you say cleaned it, what do you mean? Did you open up the card and clean it or did you just clear all the dust out of the system, then reset everything?

30 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

When you say cleaned it, what do you mean? Did you open up the card and clean it or did you just clear all the dust out of the system, then reset everything?

cleared the dust

50 minutes ago, FroggyWaffle said:

cleared the dust

Maybe try blasting some more compressed air into the gpu and power supply? Make sure all that is coming out of the can is the air. 

Also, can you boot into your bios?

2 hours ago, Sin Stalker said:

Maybe try blasting some more compressed air into the gpu and power supply? Make sure all that is coming out of the can is the air. 

Also, can you boot into your bios?

cant since i don't have an integrated graphics card.

7 hours ago, FroggyWaffle said:

cant since i don't have an integrated graphics card.

Well. If your friend has a GPU you can borrow for an hour, then you could <possibly> rule out the rest of the system and focus your efforts on the card.

how many watts is your power supply?

4 hours ago, Epic_Nex said:

how many watts is your power supply?

500w.but it cant be that since it worked before,for 2 years.

When you went in and cleaned everything, if you took the graphics card off, or took off the wires going to it, make sure all of those are seated properly/plugged in all the way