Call for Coders 2017

I thought I would also put it out there that I am a full stack developer and specialize in web applications. I have experience working on business web applications, consumer web applications, JQuery & AJAX, software server architecture (Java, C++, C#), and app development. I also have background in UI development through bootstrap and some background in responsive and mobile development for websites as well. I also have a strong background in developing business requirements and technical requirements and developing plans for large projects.

I've been working with startups for 2 years so far and it's really fun working in fast pace challenging environments. I'm in the USA so I can only work remotely at the moment.

If you guys need advise feel free to reach out anytime. I would be happy to help out the linustechtips team with the initial stages with putting together a game plan if needed. If you are interested in hiring that would be cool too.

Good luck to everyone applying and hope they enjoy the opportunity to work with the linustechtips team.

Hi,

how the recrutation will work? Im very interested on this :) Im developing for 15 years now using JS(with a lot of libraries), C#, NodeJS, HTML5(including WebRTC and WebSockets). I could show some of my work, but it would be easier to send some things on email.

Regards,

Slyb00ts

When you say Internal and External support are you referring to concepts similar to Patreon but more organized to help the content creator with distributing their work? Mix of YouTube, Patreon, Web Store features will be available for the creator?

Could you post VLOGS or videos about the development of this. The things needed to learn, practice, workout, and hopes? Mini-CS tutorials? I want more info about this. And maybe learn how to make something of my own. 

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

This is a pretty cool idea! I have been interested in this kind of project for while now, and the last popular site that fit this niche was Vessel (Something LTT is probably familiar with!), but sadly they got bought and shut down. Looking forward to see more news about this!

This certainly looks like a very interesting opportunity and I will probably give it a try. Graduated from college about a year ago so I guess I would be considered "junior".

Currently working as a software engineer at a startup which relies heavily on agile development. First as an intern and now as an actual employee. We use a full JS stack so I consider my JS and Node skills as "strong". I have experience with working remote and with people of multiple nationalities and languages. I have 0 exp with native apps but I have worked with things like Cordova before. (which is awesome btw ;))

I don't really get the "hate" on Node in this thread. Ok, it may not be perfect but what is? Could be that my inexperience with other languages/frameworks makes me blind to the faults in Node but still... If it is that bad? Why would companies like Netflix even use it? Why would all the big players invest so much into it? Anyway, let's all just be friends. They clearly made their choice in terms of stack and technologies so there's probably not a lot you can do to change that.

If only. I almost meet this criteria, sadly I don't believe i have anywhere near enough experience in the industry, nor could i relocate. Worth a try though right? The entire of my final year project for my degree was building a bespoke forum in MEAN which was pretty fun, so I know my way around node fairly well.

Goodluck to everyone.

Mmmmm sounds like a great opportunity. Too sad that I don't really have time to do this. 

This is great, Having worked with node.js for many many years. How can I not apply? :)

13 hours ago, ViperCode said:

There's a lot of misinformation here :/ 

That makes me curious. How so? :)

15 hours ago, Senne2150 said:

Why would companies like Netflix even use it? Why would all the big players invest so much into it?

Compatibility, saves time = money. Better than the old alternative of Java I guess :D 

Got all the experience for the job but nodejs isn't my thing, so not applying here! Hope the project goes well, and if you need developers in other areas I'll keep an eye out ;) Don't think it's easy to get a Canada visa though?

To make it truly creator friendly I think thefloatplane should be decentralized. It can be easily archived by using something like IPFS or other file system for distributed storage file system.

They need to post jobs that i know how to do. lol Linus do you need a gofor or someone to order pizza's?

This is exciting, for YouTube seems to be doing some strange things these days.

1 hour ago, Lorx7 said:

They need to post jobs that i know how to do. lol Linus do you need a gofor or someone to order pizza's?

As long as that person also pays for the pizzas...

46694739.png

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

As long as that person also pays for the pizzas...

46694739.png

I will pay for pizzas if I am paid for paying for those pizzas?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

I wonder if anyone who has filled out the form has heard back in any way yet?

I expected to get at least an automated email or something with some more information, e.g. when to expect to hear back or where to send a resume and application or something along those lines.

Hi i am a highschool student in the Netherlands and i wanna join your program and although i don't have years of professional nodejs expierience i am good in programming.

Is it possible for me to join?

What is the latest status of this project?

Love to work with this! <3
Senior developer with years of experience with Node JS.

Worked with a CDN company to deliver information and gather necessary information about the user for a better experience.

Working at my spacetime to develop an RTMP server for streamers.

I had filled out the Google form, but never received an application package or in fact any response at all. Is this expected?

This is definitely going to be interesting, Put my app in ;) Good luck to everyone!