Your opinions on G2A

noisebomb44

Do you buy games from G2A?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy games from G2A?

• I never buy games from them because I don't like their business practices
    • I buy games from them if the price is really good, but try to avoid it otherwise
    • I always buy games where its cheapest, if it's G2A who has the lowest prices, I buy from them

So I've seen lots of people discussing the shady practices done by G2A on this forum ever since the tiny build scandal, which has caused me to since a few months back entirely stop buying things from them, and I wonder what this community as a whole feels about them since it's often just a few people who bother to engage in the conversation. Now there was a poll like this made a year ago I believe, but I really want to know how the view of G2A has changed now that it has been discussed so much and G2A has been on damage control replying in these discussions for a year or so.

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

They let the information for my debit card out to whoever the seller of the game I bought was. 

I didnt know they had a bad reputation until then.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If i can get a game super cheap why wouldnt i 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

They let the information for my debit card out to whoever the seller of the game I bought was. 

I didnt know they had a bad reputation until then.

Really? I've sold a few legit keys but I've never seen any private information. Anyway, this is why you use paypal, heh

Just now, noisebomb44 said:

Really? I've sold a few legit keys but I've never seen any private information. Anyway, this is why you use paypal, heh

Yep. Learnt my lesson there.

At the same time I found out that G2A Shield is absolute bullshit

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

If i can get a game super cheap why wouldnt i 

Read up on the tiny build scandal, G2A are doing some shady things

I paypal those games, and got most of my Ubisoft games from there because big AAA companies refuse to drop prices on old games so.. yeah

I've sold about 30 keys on G2A and Ebay. This situation is taking honest sellers down which is a bummer. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I buy there for one reason - to use up my phone credit. It's the only place where I've found I can do so, and getting $15 in games/CS shit from a $26 recharge is some serious value. 

Otherwise I avoid them entirely. 

idk

I use kinguin, cheap games and I get a little extra every time I buy something from them. 

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Nope, nope, nopety nope nope!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

A lot of the devs hate g2a because people re-sell their keys there and the devs don't see any of the money. Frankly, the devs are being bitches for that reason.
Imagine selling your phone on ebay, then apple or samsung telling you they want some of the money.
As for the "stolen" keys they sell, there was a big thing with sniper elite and far cry 4 a while ago, frankly, I think far cry 4 was bullshit, Ubisoft just didn't want people getting there games cheaper than what they was selling.
Can't speak for sniper elite though.
G2A is a marketplace, keys are sold by other people and not g2a themselves (maybe a few exceptions) So you could buy a dodgy or stolen key I suppose, it's not impossible.
You could also buy a stolen coffee table off of someone on ebay, this is the natural risks of a marketplace.

No one has really shown any concrete evidence though that g2a is selling stolen games, all there is is statements. Why aren't these statements used in a court to shut g2a down though? If this has been going on for years and what g2a is doing is illegal, then they should of been shut down by now.

Personally I think devs are just bitching because they don't see any money from people who re-sell there keys, even though they've had the money for that key the first time it was bought.
So i will continue to use them, unless solid evidence comes along to prove what they are doing, and not just some video from a battlefield fan who used to partner with them. Or a statement from the devs because they're pissed they're not seeing any money from a single key that keeps getting re-sold.

A lot of the prices on g2a are cheap as a lot of games come from humble bundle. Example, the witness was about £35 for a while, then people got it in the humble monthly, which then those people sold on g2a for about £8.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

10 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Wrong. The devs only care about the money they get, when the keys are sold the first time. If I sold you a key right now, I already got my money and don't give a fuck if you sell it again later, no matter the price. The devs hate G2A because the keys sold are stolen via credit card fraud.

The evidence you provided is outstanding. Are you stupid? I said a lot of the games, did I say all? No, I said a lot. Please, take your snowflake ass somewhere else, come back with concrete evidence, and then we will talk. 
@ARikozuM please, stop selling your stolen keys.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Here is a good post that came after the reddit ama after a user claimed to expose them.

Probably the biggest story to emerge from G2A's AMA session on Reddit (see original report, below) came from a user who claimed to have proven their seller verification process was inadequate. G2A wrote to PCGamesN after our coverage yesterday to give their side of the story.

Last year we took an in-depth look at G2A, their business model, and how they say they protect users.

G2A say the user "was not telling the truth when he said that he hasn't been verified", because he's been through their process and they have all his personal information.

He was able to add new keys to their database quickly because "he had hundreds of transactions, over 99% of which went well. As his rating was very high, he was treated as a more trustworthy seller in our system than someone who, for example has only sold a few codes." G2A say that if he'd tried to list larger numbers of keys at once, he would've been subject to stricter checks, and add that "for the additional protection of our buyers, withdrawing money is only possible 14 days after a successful transaction."

After the user tried to prove how easy it was to list a fake key for sale by doing exactly that, G2A banned him for violating the terms and conditions of their marketplace. However, this was interpreted by many on Reddit as a petty punishment for his having "exposed" them.

G2A say "the biggest misconception here is that people are mixing up two different things: a user showing he could add a fake key versus a seller adding a fraudulently obtained, but working key... if you post a fake key, it will hurt both the buyer (for a short time, as he or she will get a refund) and you, the seller" because "you will face the ramifications for cheating."

If you post a fraudulent but working key, G2A say there are two possibilities. If they were told by the publisher/developer and given a list of stolen keys, "you will never post the 'stolen' key. It just won't be possible, and we will cooperate with the proper authorities." If G2A are not given a list of stolen keys, "it's purely impossible to distinguish legally acquired keys from those acquired illegally. All we can do is react when a customer faces a problem with a purchase, help him or her, and then make sure the thief meets the consquences."

In summary, G2A say that user's claims to have "exposed" them are based on a misunderstanding of their verification procedures. Meanwhile, they continue to argue that if the industry won't cooperate with them, there's only so much they can do to identify stolen keys on their own.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/g2a-reddit-ama

The way I see it, if devs care that much, then tell g2a the "stolen keys" and let g2a stop them from going up. But devs refuse to tell them Why is this? Probably because devs don't want there keys being re-sold at all as they don't make any money off of a re-sold key.

They financially support credit card fraud and have the audacity to charge subscription Protection Money for basic consumer rights against illegal activity. They have literally bankrupted indie devs. Don't pay money to these key resellers. You'll do a lot less damage if you just pirate the fucking thing to start with. And it's free.

On 12-4-2017 at 1:13 AM, Slottr said:

Yep. Learnt my lesson there.

At the same time I found out that G2A Shield is absolute bullshit

Well I guess I won't use my credit card there anymore.

Can't support them: As someone who benefits from regional pricing taking advantage of it unfairly would mean companies would be less inclined to do regional pricing and I'd be screwed.

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Can't support them: As someone who benefits from regional pricing taking advantage of it unfairly would mean companies would be less inclined to do regional pricing and I'd be screwed.

That is not true. If the company doesn't want its games to be exploited by their regional prices they region lock their games. And if you are talking about selling games using the difference in VAT between, let's say Germany and Sweden, it only punishes the government and is illegal to do.

Edited by noisebomb44
Grammar

4 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

That's is not true. If the company doesn't want its games to be exploited by their regional prices they region lock their games. And if you are talking about selling games using the difference in VAT between, let's say Germany and Sweden, it only punishes the government and is illegal to do.

They can but they don't all do necessarily. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

They can but they don't all do necessarily. 

Most games I've seen does it, and if they have a problem with regional pricing large enough to make them reconsider doing it at all, I don't see why they would just enable it and eliminate the problem instead of getting fewer sales in those countries

Just now, noisebomb44 said:

Most games I've seen does it, and if they have a problem with regional pricing large enough to make them reconsider doing it at all, I don't see why they would just enable it and eliminate the problem instead of getting fewer sales in those countries

Because they know people can easily get around regional blocking for starters.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I personally use cdkeys, works everytime and it is cheaper

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Because they know people can easily get around regional blocking for starters.

It's both illegal to do by law and against the steam terms of conditions which can get your account banned. And even then you buying from G2A doesn't get affected by those people, since you wouldn't be using a VPN to buy games, you would just be buying games bought in your region

12 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

It's both illegal to do by law and against the steam terms of conditions which can get your account banned. And even then you buying from G2A doesn't get affected by those people, since you wouldn't be using a VPN to buy games, you would just be buying games bought in your region

Why do you keep saying it's illegal? It's the entire fucking point: G2A enables people to break the fucking law.

-------

Current Rig

-------