Your opinions on G2A

noisebomb44

Do you buy games from G2A?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy games from G2A?

• I never buy games from them because I don't like their business practices
    • I buy games from them if the price is really good, but try to avoid it otherwise
    • I always buy games where its cheapest, if it's G2A who has the lowest prices, I buy from them

3 hours ago, noisebomb44 said:

They are even worse or just as bad from what i've heard because they managed to kind of stay out of the debate for most of the time, while G2A is the main focus in the debate and has had to do some (although from my understandning small) adjustments

Oh wow! Well, thank you for letting me know. I, thankfully, never had any problems with buying any games through any of those sites, but I will definitely think twice in the future while buying games.

Just now, Emilyraexo said:

Oh wow! Well, thank you for letting me know. I, thankfully, never had any problems with buying any games through any of those sites, but I will definitely think twice in the future while buying games.

Don't worry about G2A that much - some games are sold by the developers themselves. They have a G2A 'Deal' thing with 5 games, and they're all from partnered developers. 

idk

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Don't worry about G2A that much - some games are sold by the developers themselves. They have a G2A 'Deal' thing with 5 games, and they're all from partnered developers. 

Alright, thank you! I'll just look out for who the sellers are then. :) 

I use Kinguin myself. never really trusted G2A, I don't really see what people have against kinguin as all the keys that are sold are 100% legit. All people do is get those keys in countries where they're cheaper such as russia etc and sell them on kinguin. In the end the developer gets the same amount of sales. They make less $$ ofcourse, but if kinguin etc wouldn't be around their sales would drop as well, so i doubt if they really lose that much. 500 sales for 60$ or 1000 sales of 30$. 

7 hours ago, p.klokgieter said:

I use Kinguin myself. never really trusted G2A, I don't really see what people have against kinguin as all the keys that are sold are 100% legit. All people do is get those keys in countries where they're cheaper such as russia etc and sell them on kinguin. In the end the developer gets the same amount of sales. They make less $$ ofcourse, but if kinguin etc wouldn't be around their sales would drop as well, so i doubt if they really lose that much. 500 sales for 60$ or 1000 sales of 30$. 

The thing is that if you throw 1000 cheap copies out on the market instead of 500 expensive ones, you are saturating the market more, which isn't good for buissnes since there will be less people wanting to buy your game, since they already own it. But this isn't even really possible like i said before, the average consumer isn't going to create one steam account for every country, and then subscribe to a VPN service so that he can play on those without getting banned, and if you are going to go that far just to buy a game for 5 dollars cheaper, why not just pirate it?

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

7 hours ago, noisebomb44 said:

The thing is that if you throw 1000 cheap copies out on the market instead of 500 expensive ones, you are saturating the market more, which isn't good for buissnes since there will be less people wanting to buy your game, since they already own it. But this isn't even really possible like i said before, the average consumer isn't going to create one steam account for every country, and then subscribe to a VPN service so that he can play on those without getting banned, and if you are going to go that far just to buy a game for 5 dollars cheaper, why not just pirate it?

I dont pirate it because i do want to give developers their money. I see it more as a sale. In the end they do get money, just less. You can't stop this system unless you make games equel prices in all country's. I buy most of my games on steam but when i'm low on money i buy them on kinguin. At that moment it's either i buy it cheaper and the developer gets less, or i dont buy it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

We appreciate all of the feedback shared on here. At G2A Marketplace, we wish to assure all of you that we're continuously work with all sellers to ensure keys they publish are valid and come from legit sources.

Also, we will help anyone at our Support Hub site, who encountered any issues with invalid keys bought on our site. We hope that this information helps and we're willing to support anyone with honest feedback and genuine buying experience from G2A.com Marketplace!

Best regards to all,

G2A Team

On 5/22/2017 at 6:25 PM, noisebomb44 said:

The thing is that if you throw 1000 cheap copies out on the market instead of 500 expensive ones, you are saturating the market more,

You do realize that this is a digital good with no physical item to hold, right? The keys can be made whenever they're needed. It's not like they'll run out of alphanumeric symbols when making keys. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 3:11 AM, ARikozuM said:

You do realize that this is a digital good with no physical item to hold, right? The keys can be made whenever they're needed. It's not like they'll run out of alphanumeric symbols when making keys. 

No, that is not what saturating the market with your product means, it means that all potential customers already has your product, so why would they buy annother identical one? The only way for you to get any sales then is through making a new and improved product, which is the reason why everyone doesn't just give out their games for 1 dollar or something, even though they are just selling intellectual property, because there is a limited playerbase that want their product, if it dries up, they have to make a new game to get more money.

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!