Weight Doubt!

Dragstar

Hey guys i had a small doubt. On my gigabyte z270x gaming 9 motherboard with intel 7700k cpu if i put a Be Quiet! Dark Rock TY which is almost 900g, will the board withstand that weight when i put it in the case and is vertically aligned.??

Yes.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Motherboards are more sturdy than you would think. I have beaten the crap out of many motherboards,  and they all work fine. I have never heard of a cooler breaking off a motherboard. 

motherboards are really sturdy and a lot of them have backplates to help aswell

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The only issue with weight on the motherboard when building a PC is graphics cards with aftermarket coolers. If the PCIe slot isn't strengthened, you run the risk of bending or breaking where it is connected to a board. With an aftermarket CPU cooler, you spread the weight out with a back plate so it isn't focused on a small area.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

Bigger air coolers use backplates to compensate weight. With mobo tighten to case and cooler mounted correctly and tight with backplate, weight of cooler will be distributed all over mobo. You'd need to drop case from 1m or so to do damage. Besides, Dark Rock single tower is small cooler compared to dual towers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv