f*ck computers

caseyf
Go to solution Solved by AnonymousGuy,

I highly recommend using pliers to get those audio connectors in.

im a first time builder and holy shit im never doing this again, i know where shit goes after hours of research and i cant even fit them in, and i struggle to fucking get the audio fucking pin thing in and the sharp edges are fucking destroying my fingers and making me bleed and still haven't got it in. fuck this shit, how to builders on youtube fucking put it in like nothing, i cant even do usb 3. im ready to punch a fucking wall at this point

Just now, caseyf said:

thing in and the sharp edges are fucking destroying my fingers and making me bleed and still haven't got it in

That's what she said.

Also, you should watch a video. It's just about as easy as putting legos together.

Just now, Kloaked said:

That's what she said.

Also, you should watch a video. It's just about as easy as putting legos together.

i watched a million videos by now, im doing it right it just wont fucking go straight in i dont fucking understand

Just now, caseyf said:

i watched a million videos by now, im doing it right it just wont fucking go straight in i dont fucking understand

Then you're doing it wrong. ;)

Just now, caseyf said:

Either you're putting it in wrong or you have a defective unit, but my money is on that you're putting it in wrong. You shouldn't have to force this stuff in.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Then you're doing it wrong. ;)

okay please tell me then, what can i fucking do besides push straight in. please tell me.

1 minute ago, caseyf said:

you are exaggerating things. there isn't a million on youtube in computer building, maybe a hundred

it wont go straight? this is so wrong when you put "fucking" before

Post a picture of what you are having trouble with, I and many others here would be glad to help you.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Either you're putting it in wrong or you have a defective unit, but my money is on that you're putting it in wrong. You shouldn't have to force this stuff in.

im literally just pushing straight in, how can i be doing it wrong

Just now, caseyf said:

okay please tell me then, what can i fucking do besides push straight in. please tell me.

Take a picture of your cable so we can have a look

Just now, caseyf said:

It's keyed and goes in one way, line up the key and slide it in. If you didn't fuck up the pins it goes right in.

Just now, caseyf said:

im literally just pushing straight in, how can i be doing it wrong

The pins on those things only go in one way, just like USB-A.

I did it at 13 with no videos or help, and I'm not all that smart. It's so easy...

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's keyed and goes in one way, line up the key and slide it in. If you didn't fuck up the pins it goes right in.

TRUST ME im doing it the right way, lining it up right and everything

Just now, caseyf said:

Are you sure? Goes together one way.

BqXJYkp.jpg

calm down and just send a picture quite whining and let us help you.

Post pictures? There's no way it doesn't work unless you're doing something wrong.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Take a picture of your cable so we can have a look

fuckpc1.jpg

fuckpc2.jpg

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Are you sure? Goes together one way.

BqXJYkp.jpg

literally what ive been doing.

What parts are you having trouble with specifically? If you need to force things then that is usually a sign that you are doing it wrong (insert innuendo here) or that you forgot to do something like putting the ram clips to the open position before putting in the ram. 

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

1 minute ago, Tibbles said:

I think you should start by calming down, rushing things and being mad isn't gonna make it easier for you.

trust me im not rushing ive been doing this for hours on end, thats why im so pissed

Looks like you're torquing it, try plugging it in without having it go through the grommet.