AMD responds to 1080p gaming tests on Ryzen. Supports ECC RAM. Win 10 SMT bug

3DOSH
16 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I may be alone in this in thinking this. I see quite a few saying that Intel is scared (not saying I agree). Does anyone else think that, big MAYBE, AMD rushed it out so quickly, which is causing all the current issues with software, due to fear of what Intel is releasing next and they are trying to get out ahead? Just from all the stuff going on, it seems like it could be a possibility. However, that's full of tin foil.

No one ia arguing they released it too early. Intel still has the lead in everything still even with ryzen out, nothing is gonna change soon. But AMD can afford to make less margins selling CPU equal to 90% of its Intel counterpart while Intel can't. Intel releases CPU every year regardless so i dont see your point. Zen+ is gonna be out next year to so its all same. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

On 4/3/2017 at 5:44 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Intel:

• Gets mad at benchmarks: Since when? Intel wins, just FYI
  • Pays $100 more for a motherboard: (That has 2x the features)
  • No money left: WTF?
  • Gets defensive when AMD is mentioned: xD
  • Pays extra for unlocked CPUs. (Good thing that they can OC beyond their boost clock)
  • Thinks Skyrim and Startcraft are the best games for benchmarking: (No, 99% of games favor Intel)
  • Thinks Intel costs less due to 10W less power draw: (Irrelevant with Ryzen)
  • Often cite low-res Anandtech benchmarks: (You know the ones that show CPU performance)
  • Often 12: The exact opposite
  • Unnatural loyalty to Tom's Hardware: Says who?
  • PC Parts bought by mom: Just no

AMD:

• Found that AMD is faster through personal research: By finding the one game in which AMD performs better
  • Uses superior software that uses all the *weaker than Intel* cores
  • Spends saved money on a GPU, to have it bottlenecked
  • Knows the value of a dollar: (You know, the 1800X's amazing value for Gaming)
  • Amazing emulation: (OK????)
  • Wealthy: (The opposite)
  • Outstanding multithreading: (6900K is still faster)
  • Great resolution: To eliminate the CPU bottleneck

Dude.. you lost the second you tried to counterargue a meme. Epic fail!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, 3DOSH said:

No one ia arguing they released it too early. Intel still has the lead in everything still even with ryzen out, nothing is gonna change soon. But AMD can afford to make less margins selling CPU equal to 90% of its Intel counterpart while Intel can't. Intel releases CPU every year regardless so i dont see your point. Zen+ is gonna be out next year to so its all same. 

Oh sorry I wasn't trying come off as if I was making an argent about whether they released it early.

Your point about Intel releasing every year is more so what I was referencing about, I wasn't sure if other people had thought maybe they rushed it due to what Intel might have coming out, but I see what you mean now. Personally I am neither here nor there on any of the arguments. It was just a question from some thoughts that ran through my head.

Personally I wish IBM would come back as a competitor with a entirely different architecture like the Power days. I don't have any idea why though.

53 minutes ago, Notional said:

Dude.. you lost the second you tried to counterargue a meme. Epic fail!

I did it just for the shits and giggles man :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

27 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Oh sorry I wasn't trying come off as if I was making an argent about whether they released it early.

Your point about Intel releasing every year is more so what I was referencing about, I wasn't sure if other people had thought maybe they rushed it due to what Intel might have coming out, but I see what you mean now. Personally I am neither here nor there on any of the arguments. It was just a question from some thoughts that ran through my head.

Personally I wish IBM would come back as a competitor with a entirely different architecture like the Power days. I don't have any idea why though.

Its ok dude, AMD rushed releasing ryzen 100%. with smt bug in windows and bios and ram issues, there is no doubt they rushed it. 

IBM can't make x86 cpus so that's not gonna happen unless microsoft decides to support a new arch alongside game devs. 
IBM is still big in the server side and i don't think they want anything to do with the consumer side.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

11 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Its ok dude, AMD rushed releasing ryzen 100%. with smt bug in windows and bios and ram issues

And bad OCing ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

And bad OCing ;)

bad ocing is not due to rushing the product out but because its fresh design on new node on CPU that has been in the works for 4 years. 
early ES chips were running at 3 ghz , AMD clocked those chips very close to limit ~4 ghz that's why they don't OC that well.
With new steppings and process optimizations overclocking well improve a lot.

2 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

bad ocing is not due to rushing the product out but because its fresh design on new node on CPU that has been in the works for 4 years. 
early ES chips were running at 3 ghz , AMD clocked those chips very close to limit ~4 ghz that's why they don't OC that well.
With new steppings and process optimizations overclocking well improve a lot.

All of what you are saying is based on the hope that it will happen.  Agreed that AMD tapped the full potential of the Ryzen chips straight out of the box, but we have no way of knowing that overclocking will improve.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  Same thing applies with the Windows issues.  There may be a 50% solution or a 100% solution.  At this point, nobody knows anything for sure.

38 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Its ok dude, AMD rushed releasing ryzen 100%. with smt bug in windows and bios and ram issues, there is no doubt they rushed it. 

IBM can't make x86 cpus so that's not gonna happen unless microsoft decides to support a new arch alongside game devs. 
IBM is still big in the server side and i don't think they want anything to do with the consumer side.

Oh I know they don't make x86. They make Power architechture, which was supported by Microsoft with Windows NT 3.5 and 4.0, giant line up lol. It's still actively supported by most Linux distros.

They aren't really in the server market anymore per se, but they are the only company I know that is still active in the mainframe industry, which it actually still uses Power arch

It would just be interesting to have another competitor along side Intel and AMD with an entirely different arch in the consumer market.

Edit: just found out IBM and NVidia are making two computers for the DOE that will have Power 9 (which will have 4way SMT and 8way SMT) and Volta which is contracted to be completed this year.

So many people seem to be utterly failing to see that RYZEN is uncharacteristically bad at gaming. Unlike with Bulldozer, where it's only saving grace was threaded optimisation, Zen as the IPC, AND the multithreaded capability. It's not like there's a special "game path", that runs through the CPU.. There's a clear problem with optimisation, how Windows 10 utilises SMT and cache and BIOS' being funky. It's likely we'll see it's true performance with R5s launch.

Not to mention the sheer amount of dev systems they're sending out, when was the last time you heard of a dev using an AMD CPU to design a game or game engine?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL