Which mechnical keyboard?

ViGeesT

ANSI refers to the way the keys are laid out on the keyboard, the US and here in Asia, we use ANSI layout. ISO layout is what is generally used in Europe I believe. Easier way to spot the difference is to look at the 'Enter' key, with ANSI, it's just an elongated key.....with ISO, it's 'L' shaped. Here's a link to Wikimedia on the difference between ANSI and ISO...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

BTW, smart move going with a DS3! ;)

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it! ;)

Edit: Now just to wait on mechanicalkeyboards.com to get the Cherry MX Blue w/ Green backlight ;) Plenty of time. (Gettin it for christmas)

P.S We always buy things that arent in Lithuania from amazon.com... mechanicalkeyboards.com ships to LT too? Correct me if im wrong.

welcome to the forums!! if I wee you I would get a black widow by the way for future reference there is an option to make a poll enjoy the forums

welcome to the forums!! if I wee you I would get a black widow by the way for future reference there is an option to make a poll enjoy the forums

Other than having macros, why would you pick a BWU 2013 over the Ducky Shine 3? TS has already stated he would be getting the DS3, so what makes you think the BWU is better?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'm a fan of the Ducky

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

ANSI refers to the way the keys are laid out on the keyboard, the US and here in Asia, we use ANSI layout. ISO layout is what is generally used in Europe I believe. Easier way to spot the difference is to look at the 'Enter' key, with ANSI, it's just an elongated key.....with ISO, it's 'L' shaped. Here's a link to Wikimedia on the difference between ANSI and ISO...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

BTW, smart move going with a DS3! ;)

I really need to get to finishing my MKB Guide, started it but once school started I never finished Q_Q. 

DS3 should suit your needs unless you go to geekhack (Don't if you want to save your wallet).

DS3 is already one of the top keyboards.  he'd be starting pretty high up.  switches and korean customs are the only keyboard things he has to go through.

ps, everybody knows that keyboards are relatively cheap; it's the keycaps that get you in trouble :P

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Razer BW is actually quite good, if you want macros like me then I'd say that its a better choice than a ducky. (Assuming the BW doesnt crap out, from my experience so far its pretty sturdy.)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013

Razer BW is actually quite good, if you want macros like me then I'd say that its a better choice than a ducky. (Assuming the BW doesnt crap out, from my experience so far its pretty sturdy.)

Trolls,  trolls everywhere.

Ducky Shine 3.

Sit on your Blackwidow Ultimate and watch it creak, whilst you murder a burglar with your Ducky unscathed.

Guys what should i get first? Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 or Ducky Shine 3? But i can only get one of these two.

Blackwidow

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Other than having macros, why would you pick a BWU 2013 over the Ducky Shine 3? TS has already stated he would be getting the DS3, so what makes you think the BWU is better?

better software

better software

That's debatable as Ducky keyboards do NOT need any software/bloatware, it simply works with generic Windows driver, basically a plug-and-play keyboard. You're the very few who thinks a *gag* BWU 2013 is better than a Ducky, most, including myself, would disagree quite strenuously. As I've said, I collect keyboards, and I'd collect what I think is good......a Razer mechanical keyboard isn't what I'd consider to be good simply because it's overpriced. IF a BWU 2013 were to be priced, say, 20USD (or more) lower than it's current price, then I'd say it's acceptable and good value for the money.....though even if it were to be priced thus, I'd not get one as there are many other mechanical keyboards that are better for the money like Keycool, Leopold, Poker and such.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Ducky Shine III hands down.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's my suspicion that those who are recommending a Razer BW/BWU keyboard here are mechanical keyboard users who have only Razer keyboards, so they may not know any better. Please don't take this as an insult, it isn't, I'm merely stating that such peeps have and use only Razer keyboards and have no experience with other mechanical keyboard brands.....like Ducky, Filco, Topre, CM, and so forth. So, they may not have a good yardstick with which to measure their keyboards against.....that's the gist of what I'm saying. I have a couple of Filco's (Filco is considered to be one of the best mechanical keyboard brands), and the Ducky's measure up quite nicely against them in terms of build quality and how solid the keyboards feel.

Corsair K70 red

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

That's debatable as Ducky keyboards do NOT need any software/bloatware, it simply works with generic Windows driver, basically a plug-and-play keyboard. You're the very few who thinks a *gag* BWU 2013 is better than a Ducky, most, including myself, would disagree quite strenuously. As I've said, I collect keyboards, and I'd collect what I think is good......a Razer mechanical keyboard isn't what I'd consider to be good simply because it's overpriced. IF a BWU 2013 were to be priced, say, 20USD (or more) lower than it's current price, then I'd say it's acceptable and good value for the money.....though even if it were to be priced thus, I'd not get one as there are many other mechanical keyboards that are better for the money like Keycool, Leopold, Poker and such.

ur entitled to your wrong opinion

Guys what should i get first? Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 or Ducky Shine 3? But i can only get one of these two.

Ducky Shine 3 easily,  those tablets will be out of fashion in a few months anyway with some newer model, the Ducky Shine 3 is faster then a tablet :D and will last a very long time.

Blackwidow

better software

Certified Trolls/Razer employees/noobs

Hes entitled to his fact actually.  If you consider those virus ridden Razer Synapse 2.0 drivers good, then its evident the Razer Blackwidow is your only mechanical keyboard ;) Autohotkey is much better.

People who have only owned Razer Blackwidows really shouldnt be giving advice to others on which keyboards to purchase.  Hopefully the OP will ignore the trolls.

Ducky Shine 3 easily,  those tablets will be out of fashion in a few months anyway with some newer model, the Ducky Shine 3 is faster then a tablet :D and will last a very long time.

Hes intitled to his fact actually.  If you consider those virus ridden Razer Synapse 2.0 drivers good, then its evident the Razer Blackwidow is your only mechanical keyboard ;) Autohotkey is much better.

People who have only owned Razer Blackwidows really shouldnt be giving advice to others on which keyboards to purchase.  Hopefully the OP will ignore the trolls.

Don't call me a troll for buying, liking and recommending the Razer Blackwidow. It's excellent in my opinion :)

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Don't call me a troll for buying, liking and recommending the Razer Blackwidow. It's excellent in my opinion :)

I entirly agree

Hate to use the 'T' word, but you are the very definition of that. You do NOT know anything about mechanical keyboards, and prolly use a Razer keyboard only hence the lack of knowledge....or lack the willingness to learn more. When you'd said that a Razer keyboard is better due to its software (Synapse) I had it figure you were either:

1. Razer troll

2. Mechanical keyboard noob

It is beginning to look like you are the former....posts like yours are almost laughable.....if they weren't so pathetic.

I am NOT saying Razer mech keyboards are bad as a whole....just overpriced. One can certainly do better with the same amount of money spent on a Razer keyboard.

Hate to use the 'T' word, but you are the very definition of that. You do NOT know anything about mechanical keyboards, and prolly use a Razer keyboard only hence the lack of knowledge....or lack the willingness to learn more. When you'd said that a Razer keyboard is better due to its software (Synapse) I had it figure you were either:

1. Razer troll

2. Mechanical keyboard noob

It is beginning to look like you are the former....posts like yours are almost laughable.....if they weren't so pathetic.

I am NOT saying Razer mech keyboards are bad as a whole....just overpriced. One can certainly do better with the same amount of money spent on a Razer keyboard.

It is a matter of personal preference, launching personal attacks on someone shows the attackers lack of confidence in his own argument neither of us are doing any harm recommending different keyboards to whoever started this topic I am sure will use his own mind to decide which keyboard to use. I have owned many mechanical keyboards and am surly not a noob. If you feel so strongly about this nobody is stoping you from buying a ducky shine 3

Hes entitled to his fact actually.  If you consider those virus ridden Razer Synapse 2.0 drivers good, then its evident the Razer Blackwidow is your only mechanical keyboard ;) Autohotkey is much better.

What's wrong with Razer keyboards? I have a mechanical Razer keyboard that I got for an extremely low price, and it works perfectly.

What's wrong with Razer keyboards? I have a mechanical Razer keyboard that I got for an extremely low price, and it works perfectly.

They're just really bad for the price, build quality is just inferior to that of other mechanical keyboards at the same price. If you can get a Razer mechanical keyboard for a really low price, then OK! Go for it! It's still a mechanical keyboard that's better than most membrane keyboards. Usually people who ask for recommendations on a mechanical keyboard are ready to spend more on a mechanical keyboard. So why recommend a Razer keyboard when there are many other better keyboards in the market?

There are only two circumstances where I'd give a go on Razer keyboards:

1. Super cheap price

2. There are no other available mechanical keyboards around the area and international shipping is just too expensive.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition