Amazon/Newegg to Australia (Cheaper)

SammoFS

If you're an Australian like me, You're pulling out hair from the stress of high prices, Welp Worry no more. (Yes Yes I know this sounds cheesy and a lot of you already know this xD but I thought I'd share it for people to see, like new people etc.)

So.. Lets say a RX 470(4GB) card was $239 in aud on pcpartpicker from a store, I've found the same card on amazon for $164.99 USD, which currently (6:24PM AEDT 24/2/17) converts to $213.91 AUD Which Is obviously Cheaper. Now you have shipping. But for this card, It's Free shipping. This is probably the best option to go with I guess.. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still kinda new to this :).

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-STRIX-Radeon-Graphics-STRIX-RX470-O4G-GAMING/dp/B01JS2UFDM

PcPartPicker link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PVWrxr/asus-radeon-rx-470-4gb-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rx470-4g-gaming

EDIT: AMAZON DOES NOT SHIP FREE TO AUSTRALIA.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

5 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

If you're an Australian like me, You're pulling out hair from the stress of high prices, Welp Worry no more. (Yes Yes I know this sounds cheesy and a lot of you already know this xD but I thought I'd share it for people to see, like new people etc.)

So.. Lets say a RX 470(4GB) card was $239 in aud on pcpartpicker from a store, I've found the same card on amazon for $164.99 USD, which currently (6:24PM AEDT 24/2/17) converts to $213.91 AUD Which Is obviously Cheaper. Now you have shipping. But for this card, It's Free shipping. This is probably the best option to go with I guess.. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still kinda new to this :).

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-STRIX-Radeon-Graphics-STRIX-RX470-O4G-GAMING/dp/B01JS2UFDM

PcPartPicker link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PVWrxr/asus-radeon-rx-470-4gb-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rx470-4g-gaming

Don't forget you will need to pay import fees in most cases if you buy from a different country. 

hey,

I'd say take the free shipping..make sure it's on overseas orders. Should be cool but if it's a certain price then there's some international duty...or tax on your stuff coming in that your responsible for. 

Take a good exchange rate and use it. I moved to America in the noughties and got hit with an exchange rate of less than fifty cents in the dollar...that sucked royally. 

Rogueone. 

You need to know that:

• For goods that are worth equal to or under AUD1,000, there are no duties, taxes or charges to pay.
  • For goods that are worth more than AUD1,000, you will need to fill out a special form called an Import Declaration, and pay duties, taxes and charges.
  • You will need to pay duties and taxes on some goods (like tobacco or alcohol)regardless of their value
  • Certain types of goods are not allowed to be brought into Australia, or else need special permits.

So no fees i guess (YIPEEE)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

8 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

You need to know that:

• For goods that are worth equal to or under AUD1,000, there are no duties, taxes or charges to pay.
  • For goods that are worth more than AUD1,000, you will need to fill out a special form called an Import Declaration, and pay duties, taxes and charges.
  • You will need to pay duties and taxes on some goods (like tobacco or alcohol)regardless of their value
  • Certain types of goods are not allowed to be brought into Australia, or else need special permits.

So no fees i guess (YIPEEE)

Rip the 6900k

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

Rip the 6900k

Didn't plan o- "WAIT FOR RYZEN"

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Ok back on topic now :P 

Thread Cleaned

EDIT: Guys one and only preamble:

Moderation & Bans

• Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue, please contact a staff member.
  • Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function.
  • Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
  • If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM @Slick  @Whaler_99  @Windspeed36

Edited by W-L

I did a similar thing when I ordered parts for my PC, saved about ~$300 or so. Only thing is that I believe import laws may be changed soon so you would have to pay import fees. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, rn8686 said:

I did a similar thing when I ordered parts for my PC, saved about ~$300 or so. Only thing is that I believe import laws may be changed soon so you would have to pay import fees. 

** Check what I said above ** (Sorry If you already did) If so, link me to something explaining why they might change import laws???

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 hour ago, Rika Shiguma said:

How about warranty? If it is US warranty then how to return it if something goes wrong to the card?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

** Check what I said above ** (Sorry If you already did) If so, link me to something explaining why they might change import laws???

Found an article from 2015 about adding GST to overseas purchases, although I think I remember seeing another one about adding full import duty, ill see if I can find it (If I do, ill edit, otherwise dont worry). 

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/gst-set-to-apply-to-all-imports-into-australia-from-july-2017-20150821-gj4vg7.html

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

How about warranty? If it is US warranty then how to return it if something goes wrong to the card?

me? Drop stuff? Pffff I watch LinusDropTips for god sak- Oh....

*has flashbacks of spill water and coke multiple times* meh..

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

2 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Found an article from 2015 about adding GST to overseas purchases, although I think I remember seeing another one about adding full import duty, ill see if I can find it (If I do, ill edit, otherwise dont worry). 

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/gst-set-to-apply-to-all-imports-into-australia-from-july-2017-20150821-gj4vg7.html

Like the wise words of @Droidbot "Our Government is dumber than a box of rocks"

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

That is the one problem with it, warranty. You will just have to check the stores return policy and manufacturer warranty. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Uhhhhhhh.. Free shipping on Amazon only applies to US orders. 

Logging in for me shows this, shipping to Inner Sydney. 

Price: $164.99 + $12.59 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Australia

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Uhhhhhhh.. Free shipping on Amazon only applies to US orders. 

Logging in for me shows this, shipping to Inner Sydney. 

Price: $164.99 + $12.59 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Australia

oh da fuq?

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Welp im going to edit... i guess only newegg does free shipping to australia...

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Welp im going to edit... i guess only newegg does free shipping to australia...

They don't from their US warehouse. Only for products in AU warehouse. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

They don't from their US warehouse. Only for products in AU warehouse. 

*flipping tables* CAN I GET THIS POST DELETED THEN

EDIT: thread*

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

@W-L delete this whole thing pls, it's a mistake (I shouldnt've given birth to this)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

That seems like it it would have been a lot of hassle to save a whopping 20 dollars.

21 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

me? Drop stuff? Pffff I watch LinusDropTips for god sak- Oh....

*has flashbacks of spill water and coke multiple times* meh..

In my experience computer parts have the highest rate of DOA when it comes to electronics.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That seems like it it would have been a lot of hassle to save a whopping 20 dollars.

In my experience computer parts have the highest rate of DOA when it comes to electronics.

I agree that it can be a little more risky then buying locally, but if you do the research on stores return policy and the manufacturer warranty you should be fine. This isnt a very good example, look at more expensive parts and you will start to see the savings. As I said, I saved about ~$300 or so buying from the US. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

16 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

@W-L delete this whole thing pls, it's a mistake (I shouldnt've given birth to this)

Dont, I think the key message is fine. The example isnt the greatest (You will see the savings more with more expensive parts), but you can save a significant amount of money if you do a little research. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

2 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

I agree that it can be a little more risky then buying locally, but if you do the research on stores return policy and the manufacturer warranty you should be fine. This isnt a very good example, look at more expensive parts and you will start to see the savings. As I said, I saved about ~$300 or so buying from the US. 

i could get a $216 AUD Sapphire RX 470 card from newegg. I changed it to the aus store. i go to pcpartpicker the lowest rx 470 there is 239 (Around that)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

i could get a $216 AUD Sapphire RX 470 card from newegg. I changed it to the aus store. i go to pcpartpicker the lowest rx 470 there is 239 (Around that)

Thats their AU store, normal GST and taxes still apply. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC: